Adaptive suspension...options?

EssexJohn

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a new/pre-reg/low mileage A6 50 TDI S-Line or perhaps an A6 but am confused about suspension options.
As I understand there are 3 possibilities - standard springs (lowered as it is S Line), adaptive suspension and full air suspension. But I can't see any way of inputting this on the online Audi configurator.
Can someone please confirm if those options are correct? Or is "adaptive" suspension on springs not a real option.
Many thanks.

I believe that the air suspension is only available now on the A6 Vorsprung trim level.

I believe that the air suspension is only available now on the A6 Vorsprung trim level.
Thanks. There are some non Vorsprung A6s on the Audi Approved list with air suspension. But I am interested in the adaptive - non air - suspension, which apparently is an option. Does anyone have any information about this?
Thanks.

Last summer Audi rationalised the options for the A6, dropping some and making others only available as part of the Vorsprung version. Part of this is down to every option needing to be independently tested as part of the new emissions certification process. I suspect adaptive suspension was dropped as part of that rationalisation process you may be lucky and find a late 2018 or early 2019 car that has it but they will be few and far between

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to complete this thread, I was lucky enough to pick up a 10 month old A6 Avant this week which does actually have adaptive suspension.

Shame I can't drive it anywhere just now!

Stay safe all....

Just to complete this thread, I was lucky enough to pick up a 10 month old A6 Avant this week which does actually have adaptive suspension.

Shame I can't drive it anywhere just now!

Stay safe all....

I would say trying a new car out on the empty streets is an “essential” journey provided you have the windows up and air recirculation on!