1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please Adaptive lights problem

skiptowncat Aug 5, 2018

1. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Well-Known Member

Just been for a drive and when I went to park the car up, I noticed that the headlights were moving around. Looking at the lights themselves you can see them moving up and down randomly....quite disturbing really!

Where to start?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Adaptives move on all 4 axis, so it maybe just that.

4. skiptowncat

Defo not right, they are twitching around constantly when I’m parked up

5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 Black Edition quattro S tronic

6. Dippy

Dippy Well-Known Member Team Monsoon Audi S5 Black Edition

@skiptowncat - I am sure that I have seen a thread about this somewhere, but there is no way that my ageing brain is going to remember where. Have a search - hopefully you will find something.

skiptowncat likes this.
  7. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Active Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group

Have you diagnosed the car with vcds/obd11?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

8. skiptowncat

Finally got round to doing a scan and sorting this out. I think I managed to fix it.

The scan gave me an error of “level control system sensor left front (g78) mechanical failure”
    I cleared the code and then went in VCDS to 55 headlight range, performed some basic settings and the light went back to the centre but I got a code “01539 headlights not adjusted”
    Went back into the basic settings and ran the level adjustment, you have to click the “next” box within that menu a couple of times.

Lights are now central and no fault codes. The ground wasn’t very flat and it’s late so I’ll probably redo the adaptation at some point later.

jdp1962 likes this.