Facelift Adaptive Cruise Retrofit

Jay.Ing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi All

Been scouting around the forum but can not find and info....

I want to retrofit ACC but can not find what is needed. My car has the radar sensors and the Camera as it has the Front assist thing.

I know i may need the stalk but is there any thin else i wil need? I see some A4 scans with an ACC Module included which is wy i am asking.

Cheers

Are you sure you have the radar sensors? As they are only fitted with Driver Assist - Tour pack AFAIK?
There are 2, on the left and right lower vents of the front bumper and are domed shaped.
fd7303279743d03912891801ccd9d912.jpg

The windscreen camera does the front assist on cars without Driver Assist, along with pedestrian avoidance, lane assist and helps radar ACC with traffic jam assist (following car in front).

Are you sure you have the radar sensors? As they are only fitted with Driver Assist - Tour pack AFAIK?
There are 2, on the left and right lower vents of the front bumper and are domed shaped.

The windscreen camera does the front assist on cars without Driver Assist, along with pedestrian avoidance, lane assist and helps radar ACC with traffic jam assist (following car in front).

Yes have both where the Fog lights normally are

Attachments

• E8CA53DC-4DB9-413F-A79B-901651FD63EF.jpeg
    E8CA53DC-4DB9-413F-A79B-901651FD63EF.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 492
Reactions: maui
Ah! Sorry my bad, a B9.5 facelift version - were not aware they came as standard now.
I did see a picture on the Audi configurator with that on without specifying the Driver assist but put it down to a bug!

It should be technically possible then. Perhaps a little too soon for any software / hardware requirements to be worked through?

I’d also be curious if you could retrofit the MMI Dial controls back in? Seems madness that’s gone!

What can i say, thats what i was told when ordered the car... I Have Pre Sense Front.

Audi pre sense front / Audi pre sense city Audi pre sense front and Audi pre sense city utilize the data of radar sensors and/or the front camera, depending on the car model, to compute the probability of a collision. Within the limitations of the system, it warns of collision threats and initiates braking at specific vehicle speeds. Vehicles are detected in the driving speed range of up to 250 km/h (155.3 mph), pedestrians up to around 65 km/h (40.4 mph) or 85 km/h (52.8 mph) depending on the model, as well as cyclists, depending on the system.

Does anyone know if i just need the stalk for retrofitting the ACC?

Last edited:
Yes have both where the Fog lights normally are
Are you sure they're real sensors? I had a loan A4 recently and it had the same radar-like trim at the front but no Acc or other features that needed radar. I'd have to check mine but I think the real sensors have a gap between the radome and the surrounding trim, while the ones on my loan car didn't, so I assumed they were fake.

I'd expect a VCDS scan might show up the radars as a module if they're fitted?

Are you sure they're real sensors? I had a loan A4 recently and it had the same radar-like trim at the front but no Acc or other features that needed radar. I'd have to check mine but I think the real sensors have a gap between the radome and the surrounding trim, while the ones on my loan car didn't, so I assumed they were fake.

Yes

They fit them as standard now. Both the Q3 and Q2 I currently had/have as courtesy car have had radar installed but no ACC. It's used for pre-sense, it's much stronger than just the camera and I hate it.

They fit them as standard now. Both the Q3 and Q2 I currently had/have as courtesy car have had radar installed but no ACC. It's used for pre-sense, it's much stronger than just the camera and I hate it.
Interesting & unlike Audi to fit standard parts that aren't essential!

I've checked and my sensors have a gap around them, whereas the newer ones don't appear to, hence I assumed they were just a plastic moulding with no function.
aed2485b68563c96f4f764f0b8dd7d7b.jpg

Reactions: Kondax
Interesting & unlike Audi to fit standard parts that aren't essential!

I've checked and my sensors have a gap around them, whereas the newer ones don't appear to, hence I assumed they were just a plastic moulding with no function.
aed2485b68563c96f4f764f0b8dd7d7b.jpg
The ones on the Q3 / Q2 have been in the grille, same with the A4 I had as a courtesy car (registered in Feb '19).

If they're cheap to manufacture, I guess it's easier to put them in all the cars and then just enable as a software basis. Saves the cost of developing and maintaining two different grilles for those that have them in the grille too.

If they are fitting the radar sensors as standard now, given other VAG brands include adaptive cruise as a standard option plus all the competition from the new 3 series, I’m utterly amazed they just didn’t include it as a standard option with the facelift. Madness!

They fit them as standard now.
They might do for the facelift, weird thing is there are definitely pre-facelift models registered Aug and Sept without the radars! As always so confusing with Audi what is and isn't included.

I haven't found any further info on whether ACC can be retrofitted, anyone else found anything?

Thanks, I saw that but I can't find out what they're adding to the car.

Is it established that the domes on non ACC cars are blanks? I have a camera and the domes but no ACC and was hoping it was coding to enable....

Thanks, I saw that but I can't find out what they're adding to the car.

Is it established that the domes on non ACC cars are blanks? I have a camera and the domes but no ACC and was hoping it was coding to enable....
Correct, they're blank.

Yeah, all that is done via camera. ACC is with the radars only.

I went and checked as I remembered that I can access one of these domes really easily from the engine bay. It's empty and pointless, I'd rather have fog lights!

Off topic! How can I find the part numbers of those two grills for audi a4 b9 s line