Adaptive Cruise Control - Is It Possible?

thomaslewis

Reaction score
E6781693 B71F 468A 9CC8 3897FEDC4368
364ACBF6 16AD 4ACF 8697 C9518FBF99AE
Just received my new edition 1, I didn’t opt for the driver assist package with my car which included ACC, but when I received my car the cruise control stalk includes the “distance” adjust or switch (first image shows stalk I have, second image shows stalk I thought I would get”. When I click it, it says “licence for the function is not purchased or has expired”.

I wouldn’t think it was possible but my car gives me distance warnings when I come close to cars and in the driver assist menu it shows how close the car in front is and had the green bars that show up when you adjust the distance from vehicle in front.

Basically what I want to know is, do you think it’s possible that I could pay for the license and get the ACC, or is there other hardware I am still missing?

Only if that function on demand becomes available in the UK.

as far as I know function on demand is only available on the e-tron atm.

I also have the distance switch on my stalk and when I try to use it it says the same thing. I always knew the technology was there as I can also see the car distances on my driver assist window so it's simply a case of just enabling the function. When that can be done is another question...

For anyone who may be interested. I contacted another Audi dealer as mine seemed to treat my question as classified information and were tight lipped, but the other dealer has confirmed to me that the reason I have the distance lever is because my car is fitted with Adaptive Cruise Control.

A “block” is fitted to my car requiring a key from Functions on Demand. But the engineer from the dealer was confused as to why it was not showing on the app as as far as he was aware FoD was live.

He sent me this screenshot to prove it to me, so
it looks like I’ll just have to wait as every retrofitter I’ve contacted seems stumped by the 8Y and can only currently do basic coding changes and small retrofits.

For anyone who may be interested. I contacted another Audi dealer as mine seemed to treat my question as classified information and were tight lipped, but the other dealer has confirmed to me that the reason I have the distance lever is because my car is fitted with Adaptive Cruise Control.

A “block” is fitted to my car requiring a key from Functions on Demand. But the engineer from the dealer was confused as to why it was not showing on the app as as far as he was aware FoD was live.

View attachment 249297
He sent me this screenshot to prove it to me, so
it looks like I’ll just have to wait as every retrofitter I’ve contacted seems stumped by the 8Y and can only currently do basic coding changes and small retrofits.
Been through same experience. Dealer sold me car saying it's available through on demand 'soon'. I've spoken to customer services who spoke to the brand manager but still no success. As no built to order new cars available any time soon I went for the car but really want this feature as makes motorway life so much easier.

Any info much appreciated. I'll post more if I can find anyone at audi that will say when it's available!

I spoke to Audi digital services who basically said to me about logging out of app etc, and changing region then going back into app but the functions on demand shows not available for UK. I sent them screenshots they are investigating because if I change region to Germany it does show all the options I can purchase or enable on my car. Audi UK are so backwards lately with sorting stuff.

I spoke to Audi digital services who basically said to me about logging out of app etc, and changing region then going back into app but the functions on demand shows not available for UK. I sent them screenshots they are investigating because if I change region to Germany it does show all the options I can purchase or enable on my car. Audi UK are so backwards lately with sorting stuff.
I had a much worse experience with audi digital. They took all details and referred me back to audi bristol who don't know the answer. I am actually stunned that nobody can simply say it's planned for x date. It's a massive product / revenue stream for them and underpins the entire selling strategy

I had a much worse experience with audi digital. They took all details and referred me back to audi bristol who don't know the answer. I am actually stunned that nobody can simply say it's planned for x date. It's a massive product / revenue stream for them and underpins the entire selling strategy
I agree, ridiculous that you can change region and it shows all options available yet UK not available when its all using same servers.

Well, having read a forum about some people who did the same, switched regions to Germany, I actually completed the purchase while constantly translating to English and hey presto, I now have traffic sign recognition and adaptive cruise assist!

installed both functions in less than a minute, well worth the money, it’s make motorway driving effortless, just wish my car was capable of the active lane assist but apparently it’s required to have the capacitive steering wheel so will never be possible.

Well, having read a forum about some people who did the same, switched regions to Germany, I actually completed the purchase while constantly translating to English and hey presto, I now have traffic sign recognition and adaptive cruise assist!

installed both functions in less than a minute, well worth the money, it’s make motorway driving effortless, just wish my car was capable of the active lane assist but apparently it’s required to have the capacitive steering wheel so will never be possible.
Looks hopeful that some of us will be able to have this function soon! May I enquire what the upgrade cost was?

I'll give it a go in German

Looks hopeful that some of us will be able to have this function soon! May I enquire what the upgrade cost was?
Adaptive Cruise is:- 1 month = 16 euros, 6 months = 80 euros, 1 year = 154 euros, 3 years = 416 euros or unlimited = 801 euros
Camera Based Traffic Sign recognition is:- 1 month = 7 euro, 6 months = 35 euros, 1 year = 67 euros, 3 years = 180 euros, unlimited = 345 euros

Just to test incase something went wrong I did the trial month for both first, was €1. When the test month runs out I’ll definitely be purchasing the unlimited.

Adaptive Cruise is:- 1 month = 16 euros, 6 months = 80 euros, 1 year = 154 euros, 3 years = 416 euros or unlimited = 801 euros
Camera Based Traffic Sign recognition is:- 1 month = 7 euro, 6 months = 35 euros, 1 year = 67 euros, 3 years = 180 euros, unlimited = 345 euros
Looks great value, you can cherry pick the more useful items from the driver assistance package (£1750!!) for a lot less.

Looks great value, you can cherry pick the more useful items from the driver assistance package (£1750!!) for a lot less.
My car only shows these two options on the app, although it currently says error so I am not entirely sure if the updates applied correctly.

Where did you switch the region to Germany - I can't see it in the APP

Where did you switch the region to Germany - I can't see it in the APP
Logout the app then top left is a small globe icon change region there and log back in with your myaudi details, best to do it through web browser on PC or Mac at my.audi.com as you can then use translator to help.

Logout the app then top left is a small globe icon change region there and log back in with your myaudi details, best to do it through web browser on PC or Mac at my.audi.com as you can then use translator to help.
Functions on demand doesn't show anything only the Premium Service to transfer if you sell the car

Functions on demand doesn't show anything only the Premium Service to transfer if you sell the car
I am logged in now on my.audi.com via PC, I click under pic of my car it says Funktionen the scroll down to 'Functions on Demand' press on 'Zum Shop' then it shows functions available which in my case is Adaptive Cruise Assist and Traffic Signs for camera.

I am logged in now on my.audi.com via PC, I click under pic of my car it says Funktionen the scroll down to 'Functions on Demand' press on 'Zum Shop' then it shows functions available which in my case is Adaptive Cruise Assist and Traffic Signs for camera.
This is amazing! I'm going to try it. How do you pay?

Same here and done all that but nothing showing other than that digital services - I'll try logging out again - I should have the Traffic Sign bit because mine is prepped for it

Same here and done all that but nothing showing other than that digital services - I'll try logging out again - I should have the Traffic Sign bit because mine is prepped for it
Tried Google Chrome - Same thing nothing there other than the Digital Premium Services at 10 Euros - I was really hopeful this would work as want the traffic sign recognition - My car is November 2020 S3

I have also changed region to germany and i don't have the features available, only digital services is there... i have audi A3 Edition 1. Car bought last week from the dealer and registered Feb 1st. Has all the kit for adaptive cruise but not showing :(

Hi Thomas - what car do you have and when was it registered etc? wonder why you are getting a different (and better :)) experience?

Hi Thomas - what car do you have and when was it registered etc? wonder why you are getting a different (and better :)) experience?
Mines an Edition 1, 35 TFSI MHEV, it was registered at end of November 2021.

Not entirely sure why it wouldn’t show if you have the radar and the distance adjuster already installed.

Not entirely sure why it wouldn’t show if you have the radar and the distance adjuster already installed.
Mine is Edition 1, 35 TFSI MHEV with comfort + sound, registered last Feb 2022, in my.audi.com I am seeing Adaptive Cruise and Traffic Sign features although having spent 1 euro on each mine threw an error and is not working on the car, it just says I need to phone Audi Digital Services Support for help which is a German number.

That's what I don't get - I definitely have the radar installed etc for Lane Assist and it's the same camera for Traffic Sign and my spec says it's been prepped for FOD - I don't have the correct stalk for adaptive cruise

Mine is Edition 1, 35 TFSI MHEV with comfort + sound, registered last Feb 2022, in my.audi.com I am seeing Adaptive Cruise and Traffic Sign features although having spent 1 euro on each mine threw an error and is not working on the car, it just says I need to phone Audi Digital Services Support for help which is a German number.
That’s rather peculiar, after I spent the 1 euro for each it made me accept an agreement for a vw payment programme, then add my PayPal, then after payment I got 2 sets of documents for each through email, one was an order confirmation and the other was an invoice.

Then I went out to my car about 30 minutes later and it said installing.

When in the process did the error occur?

That’s rather peculiar, after I spent the 1 euro for each it made me accept an agreement for a vw payment programme, then add my PayPal, then after payment I got 2 sets of documents for each through email, one was an order confirmation and the other was an invoice.

Then I went out to my car about 30 minutes later and it said installing.

When in the process did the error occur?
When I logon to my.audi.com and go to features on demand its showing error written in red after I went back to main screen.

we are all getting different experiences, which is odd in itself

we are all getting different experiences, which is odd in itself
Indeed it is, I think I will sit tight on this but the fact that Audi UK is so backwards with releasing this system considering its all controlled from Germany is ridiculous it's like buying an iPhone without appstore.

That’s really weird, my MyAudi hasn’t worked properly since I installed those FoD functions though. When I swapped back to the UK version it got very confused and now keeps asking me to “confirm I’m the key user”, then throws an error saying I am the key user, but everything on MyAudi still works like remote locking etc.

Have you gone into your car since the purchase? The moment I turned on the ignition it began installing.