Adaptive Cruise Control - Is It Possible?

I just entered the German Uk consulate number lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto. They've not called for a chat yet either, dread to think what they make of all these receipts mounting up on the doormat!!

Reactions: 8YARWY
Ditto. They've not called for a chat yet either, dread to think what they make of all these receipts mounting up on the doormat!!
weirdest thing happened recently.........

When I had the trouble with the MMI and had to reset it, the adaptive cruise expired, so when Audi were no help after several emails/phone calls i opened a paypal case....

They found in my favour then refunded me and the ACC started working again lol.......

Reactions: thomaslewis and RSt3ve
weirdest thing happened recently.........

When I had the trouble with the MMI and had to reset it, the adaptive cruise expired, so when Audi were no help after several emails/phone calls i opened a paypal case....

They found in my favour then refunded me and the ACC started working again lol.......
PayPal are great at this, not sure what detail they go into but I'm sure they'll refund anything rather than risk reputation.

Reactions: thomaslewis and 8YARWY
There'll be more receipts arriving in Dusseldorf soon! Process was dead easy & I've added traffic sign recognition as well for €35. Installation was a breeze too

Reactions: RSt3ve
How much do you all trust the ACC? I tried it for the first time last night. A few things I noticed:
The cruise now increments in 2.5mph, where as you could go by 1mph without ACC. Kinda miss the 1mph increments.
Yes the car will come to a complete stop, it progressively slows, up until a certain point, where it then braked quite hard to come to a complete stop. But I did like the fact you can tap the accelerator and it'll resume your driving.

Guess it takes a little getting used to

How much do you all trust the ACC? I tried it for the first time last night. A few things I noticed:
The cruise now increments in 2.5mph, where as you could go by 1mph without ACC. Kinda miss the 1mph increments.
Yes the car will come to a complete stop, it progressively slows, up until a certain point, where it then braked quite hard to come to a complete stop. But I did like the fact you can tap the accelerator and it'll resume your driving.

Yes I’ve found the same, sometimes it creeps to a stop too.

There’s a time limit when stopped where it’ll automatically set off again when the car in front moves off, you can re-enable the ‘readiness’ message by pulling the cruise stalk towards you once, it’ll then move off without pedal input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AdamInKent
I'm still learning too - had a scary moment when following a car from a 60 zone with the ACC set at 60 into a 30 zone which was fine as we both slowed down to 30 (of course!) but when the the car in front turned off my ACC immediately accelerated as it was trying to increase speed to 60! A quick dab on the brakes deactivated it but could have been nasty.
It takes a leap of faith to do nothing when the traffic in front slows suddenly as one's instinct is to hit the brake. My wife get really scared as she's convinced we are about to hit the vehicle in front!
I agree that the 1 mph increments of the original CC are better than 2.5 mph.
Have bought a 6 month subscription & will decide whether to renew or not come in February 2023

I'm still learning too - had a scary moment when following a car from a 60 zone with the ACC set at 60 into a 30 zone which was fine as we both slowed down to 30 (of course!) but when the the car in front turned off my ACC immediately accelerated as it was trying to increase speed to 60! A quick dab on the brakes deactivated it but could have been nasty.
It takes a leap of faith to do nothing when the traffic in front slows suddenly as one's instinct is to hit the brake. My wife get really scared as she's convinced we are about to hit the vehicle in front!
I agree that the 1 mph increments of the original CC are better than 2.5 mph.
Have bought a 6 month subscription & will decide whether to renew or not come in February 2023
I can imagine it was a oh "sugar" kind of moment!
My partners Qashqai prompts on the virtual display if you want the ACC to update the speed limit when it recognises a new sign post. That is a really useful feature and would stop that scary moment happening again, shame it's not available on the Audi's

I can imagine it was a oh "sugar" kind of moment!
My partners Qashqai prompts on the virtual display if you want the ACC to update the speed limit when it recognises a new sign post. That is a really useful feature and would stop that scary moment happening again, shame it's not available on the Audi's
It is - there is or should be a setting in the mmi for this Car > Driver Assist > ACC > Predictive Control which then allows you either use the speed limit or set a tolerance when using ACC

It is - there is or should be a setting in the mmi for this Car > Driver Assist > ACC > Predictive Control which then allows you either use the speed limit or set a tolerance when using ACC
It might work best alongside road sign recognition, as the ACC then reacts to the speed limit signs (including temporary limits).

Last edited:
Reactions: MA3RC
How much do you all trust the ACC?
I’ve found it to be a little smoother in start-stop traffic if Drive Select is set to Economy and the distance to the car ahead set to maximum. It’s never as smooth as when I control the speed myself, but I’m usually happy to live with that in return for less effort on my part.

Reactions: MA3RC
Thanks! Will have to give this a try

You sort of get used to it I guess I hated it to start with but now think it’s a bit of a godsend. The only thing I have changed is that if it’s fairly stop start traffic I don’t bother with it as it’s as you say can sometimes brake a bit harder than necessary, plus as I have a manual I have to change gears when it gets a lot of stop start.
The one thing to watch out for is the undertake prevention! especially on the A1 where there are lots of right turns from a dual carriage way first time it caught me out and braked quite hard I thought it was collision avoidance but it was undertake avoidance, could be quite dangerous.
the one thing I’m disappointed with is I was hoping that the ACC would automatically adjust the speed set point as I have sign recognition but it doesn’t, not sure if it’s available or if it can be coded.

Only setting I have in Car > Driver Assist > ACC > Predictive Control is "Store Last Distance". I do have traffic sign recognition

Mines the same
Different version of ACC then than the one included with the Driver Assistance Pack which integrates with Predictive Efficiency Assist?

Link below provides more info on how And what the various assist systems do

On my audi app shows link vehicle but I can see all options like lock car and fuel level etc what have I not done ? Dont want to buy anything if its not connected correctly, we have signed into the car and it just says guest user or our login name when we start up
Screenshot 20220918 220246 myAudi

Anyone know if there is an option to do these FOD on OBDeleven Pro Long Coding instead?