Adaptive cruise control - from standstill

ama

Reaction score
I've used the adaptive cruise control from standstill a couple of times and I have to say I find it pretty heavy on the throttle to get it up to speed, especially given the car has only done 2000 miles.

I'd have thought the MMI knew the total milage of the car and would have adjusted the rate of throttle application so it didn't rev the nuts off an engine that's not run in yet? - anyone else found this?

Caveat - this is my first auto and first use of an adaptive cruise control so a real newbie and not sure what to expect really

Reactions: DonkeyIce
I’ve had it on a few cars, it adjusts the rate you gain speed depending on which drive select mode you are in. i.e eco mode will slowly get you to speed, dynamic is the heavy footed mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ama
I’ve had it on a few cars, it adjusts the rate you gain speed depending on which drive select mode you are in. i.e eco mode will slowly get you to speed, dynamic is the heavy footed mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Haz

That makes sense, I'll try again next time I'm out. I don't recall which drive mode I was in at the time as I was trying out a couple (likely Comfort or even Eco) but it was definitely not Dynamic so still may be a little punchy. The adaptive cruise control works really nicely when you're up to speed but just seemed a little heavy footed getting up to that point. Again I have nothing to compare it to so just fishing for anyone else experiences.

Thanks again

I use ACC but never in sport or dynamic mode, mostly in auto where it seems to smooth things out. In dynamic it's too much like an on off switch...

According to the manual, the engine running in time is only 600 miles

According to the manual, the engine running in time is only 600 miles

Hi b1nuzz,

Thanks for that info, it still feels pretty new at the moment :)
I'd recalled a longer run in period from what I'd read online but not sure where I read it.
Thankfully most of the time I'm in no rush to get places but good to know I can give it a little welly without doing any damage if I need.

The Matt wrap on your saloon looks great by the way :)