AdamZA's Sepang Blue S5 Sportback - Detail, Collection, Life: Picture thread!

AdamZA

Reaction score
So you guys wanted pictures? Ok. More pictures? Ok. EVEN MORE PICTURES!? Sure :D

I decided to create this picture heavy thread where I will post everything from the detailing onwards. I'll keep updating it throughout ownership (hopefully) though I'm sure there will be many more pics at the start!

I'll start with the detailing - another member has already linked to ABC Detailing's thread on Detailing World but I told them that I would make it part of my thread as they have done a STUNNING job and the depth and shine of the beautiful Sepang Blue is definitely enhanced by their hard work.

Here is a copy of the detailing thread first of all. I hope this is allowed by mods - if not please let me know!

Hi guys, another new car protection from us, this time at Watford Audi, protecting a Sepang Blue Audi S5!

A few before shots of the S5; not majorly dirty, but completely untouched from the factory with perfect paintwork!

14667273699_97dd640b8c_c.jpg

14830903826_642598ae5d_c.jpg

14873781043_98e952ff0e_c.jpg

The car was pre-washed with citrus power, left to dwell before wheels being cleaned with various brushes, followed by the usual two-bucket method of washing, both minimising the risk of wash damage.

14853559032_fb439d32ef_c.jpg

14850841141_7fbb211239_c.jpg

Some transport fallout was evident, with iron and tree sap deposits being fully removed without contact.

14850843281_d01822a9d9_c.jpg

14873785593_e378afae51_c.jpg

14667285709_5ae1b048ec_c.jpg

The majority of the car was then dried off with the Metro Blaster and the wooly mammoth towel, removing water from the usual crevices.

14851450994_5846d4065c_c.jpg

The car was then rolled round into the handover bay for the rest of the detail.

14851455974_e1970d43f3_c.jpg

Wheels were wiped down with panel wipe, followed by GTechniq C5 protection.

14853572182_89cd928cb3_c.jpg

14667382307_a620e13a4c_c.jpg

14850858841_1f03726d88_c.jpg

The amazing colour really starting to stand out under the lights!

14667230520_9111aa90cb_c.jpg

Exhausts and plastics were coated in GTechniq C5 and C4.

14873800123_f8100bd09b_c.jpg

14667306308_cd3351f4c2_c.jpg

The car was then rolled outside for some finished shots!

14850865811_63abc4eae0_c.jpg

14830931426_ed56584e16_c.jpg

14667310599_99b6af3fed_c.jpg

14851477154_f926d87f7a_c.jpg

14667243780_2bc9276f5d_c.jpg

14851481054_61e669de4b_c.jpg

14853921785_4d4b3145a1_c.jpg

14667394537_90b0de3b37_c.jpg

14853922945_50970915ca_c.jpg

14877935513_c25595d1d6_o.jpg

Tucked back inside ready for collection!

14873824463_cdfd929a33_c.jpg

14830953036_34b5888247_c.jpg

14841950506_d23825c42c_o.jpg

Comments, chat and views always welcome, please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the day-to-day happenings at ABC Detailing.

If you have a new car that needs protecting then don't hesitate to get in touch soon as we are booking up fast for September arrivals!

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

http://www.abc-detailing.co.uk

Andy
ABC Detailing
info@abc-detailing.co.uk

More pictures coming very soon! Trust me I can't stop taking photos of this car! Collection photos will be first...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Shrek5 and Sandra
That was interesting. They have made a fantastic job of he paintwork. It didnt look too bad before they started, but when they had finished, you could see the difference. :) x

Reactions: Shrek5 and AdamZA
They really have made a difference and the exterior coating of GTechniq EXOv2 has made the paintwork slick to the touch (as any good coating or wax should, tbh) but the benefits of it lasting up to two years without needing a top up (though it will get top ups anyway!) mean that it should remain easy to clean and nice and glossy. The paint really has a nice wet look about it - the pictures I will upload later will really show that off!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Sandra
Excellent Adam, more pics. Shrek and i will be sitting with finger on the F5 button, lol. :) x

Reactions: Shrek5 and AdamZA
More pics on their way! But since they will be uploaded from my camera and not my phone I'm afraid there will be a wait until at least lunch time :p

Reactions: Sandra
One word ......... STUNNING !

Looks absolutely amazing - love the colour, 20" rims, everything - it looks the perfect S5 Sportback IMO.

Love the little integrated spoiler on the rear too, very stylish and cool.

Reactions: Shrek5, Sandra and AdamZA
Also loving the spoiler, Snake. It finishes the car off so nicely. The S5 Coupé boot needs it as well in my opinion.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Have to agree the car looks AmaZing AdamZA! Not a very productive day for me at work yesterday what with this and Statler's thread :)
It did prompt me to ring my dealer though just to check the progress of my order. It looks like it will be the last week in September before I can stress load the server with photographs.

Reactions: AdamZA and Shrek5
We look forward to your collection Marky. September is not that far away. :) x

Just had a browse through these pics on my laptop. I said it before, and now again! Stunning colour.

Reactions: AdamZA
Thanks everyone! As promised... pictures from collection!

I know some of these are duplicated from the other thread but for completeness they're here as well.

[video=vimeo;103383814]https://vimeo.com/103383814[/video]

That's all for collection! But since then there are many many more pics :p Will upload some more later!

Reactions: Wyldie85, Sandra and Snake Pliskin
Ooh such a tease Adam, such a tease... ;)

I think I take it back about the 20's, I really like them (upgrade from not-fussed). RS4 V's would still be first choice and I'd almost certainly pay to upgrade, but the current 20's on yours would have me considering the upgrade over the 19" rotor's. Still not 100% sure I would do it as I really like the rotors too, but I would be considering it.

*continues mashing F5*

Reactions: AdamZA and Sandra
Now they are really interesting pictures and show the significant difference between estoril and sepang.
Both look great and whilst I am still VERY happy with estoril, sepang is just sublime !
I just the 20" rims too and they suit the car so much.
With those 20" rims the "none black edition" look works extremely well too.
Think you got the look pretty much bang on for this car mate.

Adam, thanks for the pics, it really is a stunning car. We not had our fix yet, so we will continue with the F5 button and patiently (lol) await more. That means you need to get camera out again. :) x

Thanks again guys. Lol don't worry there are already many more to be uploaded and I'll keep them coming!

Maybe not so frequently that you need to break the F5 button but frequent enough

I agree completely Snake that this look works perfectly for non-black edition cars. Black edition cars are definitely more suited to the rotors. Having said that... Imagine these alloys in black or gunmetal

Reactions: Shrek5, Snake Pliskin and Sandra
2 more! One already uploaded and one new!

This last one really shows off the wet look of the paintwork. Stunning. Can't get over the colour! Going to take more with my camera rather than my phone to try and truly capture it.

Reactions: THQuattro, Snake Pliskin, Sandra and 1 other person
Gunmetal I like, black with Sepang doesn't do it for me...
20s look wonderful on the Sportback. I couldn't have done them on mine due to the poor quality roads around home.

Those last two pictures are very good, really shows the colour off. Must get back to the laptop as Tapatalk doesn't do them justice...

Last edited:
Can we have some interior pics? Please.

Of course! I'll upload some soon.

Statler, I agree - no black on Sepang - actually I was thinking of your car with these alloys in gunmetal or black. Personally I'm very very happy with the Sepang/non-BE combination. The wheels are listed in the brochure as hyper silver and they almost have a flat chrome look to them! Loving it. Perfect.

Reactions: Sandra
looks fantastic

Slightly off topic but why do Audis always have this rubber bit behind the number plate?

Means i cant stick a plate on it has to be screwed on :ermm:

looks fantastic

Slightly off topic but why do Audis always have this rubber bit behind the number plate?

Means i cant stick a plate on it has to be screwed on :ermm:

This is a real annoyance for me too! The front plate is stuck on and looks much better than screwing it on but the back doesn't match. Ah well... At least the front looks cleaner!

Oddly I thought it was to stop water collecting behind the plate but washing mine last night I can confirm that this is not the case. In fact I think it makes it hold more...!

Hyper silver does look good on the wheels

Its gives the number plate something to screw down on to. The plate compresses onto the rubber rather than your super shiny sepang paintwork. Most places just use some large foam washers though, this looks like typical Audi 'over engineering' Gotta justify that price tag somehow :)

+1 on the interior pics as well. The lunar silver / black super sports are real crowd pleasers. The sales person I spoke to explained that when people see them in the showroom they always assume they're a mega bucks option.

Just noticed you have a sunroof too .... Cool !

Even though it just tilts it looks great both inside & out IMO.

Shrek is indeed right. The sunroof opens and functions fully :D

Will take some pics of the interior later if I get the chance.

I've been mulling the whole Sepang thing over whilst the site has been down (like the new look BTW) and I think it is this...

IMHO Sepang is instantly eye catching, it looks great all of the time, Estoril can, depending cleanliness, on light conditions and other things, look anywhere from humdrum run of the mill blue (still smarting from when someone said they had an "A3 in that colour"*) through to stupendous when it's clean and the light is shining just so.

So I think, to get it out of my system, I just need to come out and say it... I wish I'd had the option of Sepang when I ordered as I think it looks better more of the time. There... I said it. :( :eek:

* I managed to refrain from pointing out that the probably didn't and then bleating on about it being an S/RS colour etc, etc... :D

Look forward to the interior pics Adam. :) x

lol Shrek - I completely agree. I keep seeing A5's and others in Scuba Blue even and thinking that looks too similar to Estoril. It's only if you really invest money and time in keeping Estoril in amazing condition that it stands out a bit more. I appreciate your public honesty though! It's not easy for an owner to say "I wish I had..." :p

And yes the new site looks brilliant!

Reactions: Sandra and Shrek5
As promised! Interior pictures! If there are any other angles/shots you guys want, let me know :p

Some of the seats specifically...

Then some more interior shots...

(Sunroof does open fully btw, just didn't open it fully for that pic!)

And how about this nice bottom ;)

"No keys, push to start" (Wiz Khalifa lyrics :p)

And the last one (for now): an example of how well the Lunar Silver Super Sports works with the Sepang :D

Reactions: Wyldie85, THQuattro, markyy and 1 other person
Omg, wow, awesome, I don't have the words to describe that Adam. Its just soooo Perfect. :) x

Is that a red ring around your... start button? Nice touch, assume this was standard? On mine it's just a silver button.

Guess it was a MY2014 thing, @warren_S5 did you get this?

Yep, he did. Just looked at his pics. I think the buttons can be changed easily though, Shrek. Btw, my dials are now the same as yours - different from the previous car. Start stop system also works A LOT better and smarter than the previous car. So far so good!

lol, I picked it up and the range said 350 miles on 3/4 of a tank. It's since gone down to more expectable levels :p I was hopeful for a short while!

Reactions: Shrek5
Thanks Adam, the car looks amazing in the dark. :)

:p;)

Looks great though mate. I think I first got 'jealous' of Sepang when my neighbour got the RS4 in that colour. But that was ok because it wasn't available (at sensible money) for the S5.

Then it has become available and that's a little annoying. Don't get me wrong Estoril is great, but I saw a standard blue Audi the other day and I'd struggle to have spotted the difference at a glance.

Shrek I get what you are saying and as I commented above I agree to a certain extent. But having spent 24 hours with a Scuba Blue A5 which is a really nice blue, I can safely say that IMO Estoril is the hands down winner - Estoril has much more depth, a much nicer wet look and a richer colour. When it's clean it looks great, in any weather or distance. It hides dirt really well compared to Scuba and other regular metallic finishes and always looked shiny - even in the last month of ownership when it didn't get washed once it would look shiny and clean from a couple of metres away! As you said, it's a great colour and anyone that knows about cars knows its not a standard blue car.

Reactions: Shrek5