AdamZA's S5 Sportback Waiting Thread! UPDATE. 40 HOURS TO COLLECTION. 8/8/2014 ...

Typical insurance company 'in policy' rip off !

I checked with my insurance company BEFORE committing to the S5 to check price - all was ok.

Once I got the car several months down the line, price hike of £150 for remaining 6 months or so ... I was not impressed and **** all I could do even after numerous complaining.

Needless to say changed insurance companies at renewal since and down to circa £300 notes all in fully protected now.

I'm at a loss really... I'm not sure what I should be saying to them. I can only tell them it's the exact same car and I'm not paying a premium increase.

The thing is that due to my age, even an increase of 1 group has a big enough effect. Before I bought the first S5 I got all the quotes for a BMW 435i and other cars etc and they were all much higher - around what Admiral are quoting me now. This contributed to my S5 decision as well. So if they force the premium up it's going to be a nightmare...

I will threaten to cancel and move elsewhere and see if that makes any difference...

Any suggestions are welcome! Thankfully I get a weeks free insurance from Audi to give me a chance to sort this mess out a bit.

Still - all this is moot until I'm actually allowed to collect the car!!

Having gone through some similar scenarios with insurance in the past all I can pass on isy experiences but tbh the insurance companies appear to have become quite hard nosed now.

In the past when I've got a cheaper quote I would speak to my insurer and usually they would match.

Not the last few times - I have always had to change as they would not budge even with the threat of switching.

Even when I rang to cancel they did not try to persuade me to stay or offer to look at prices !

It appears to me that you have to go through the hassle of switching pretty much every year if you want good prices, unless your insurer keeps your renewal price competive of course.

I think they rely on people just sticking with them - that was me until a few years ago when I realised what had to be done and they weren't fleecing me any more.

So mate, by all means speak to your insurer but be prepared for disappointment - then get other quotes and be prepared to change companies - the comparison sites are good to get the best rates for you.

The only thing I can think is that insurers have reassessed the insurance group due to the (possible) spate of keyless thefts, and they are factoring that in now and weren't first time around.

As said insurers are a law unto themselves. Switch from the A5 3.0 TDi to S5 was no difference in price and costs about the same to insure as the wifes "poverty" spec 2.0TDi 143PS Q5...

Any news on collection day yet Adam?

Finally yes. It will be tomorrow for definite so long as I can get out of work lol

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, Snake Pliskin and Shrek5
Good news that collection is tomorrow. So excited for you. Need to come up with reason for your abscence. I have just the song for you. Lol, statler (steve) be on here telling me i have already used it, but he will undwrstand. :) x

Ahaha, love that first track, first time I've heard it - wish I could play that sometimes (and follow through on it!)... somehow I don't think wife or (in particular) 14 month old daughter will let me get away with that... :sob:

So come on Adam... what time is pick up? Warren failed me with the live blog/tweet/facebook fest so you need to do better, live rolling tweets please. ;)

Reactions: Sandra
Pick up late morning/early afternoon depending on when I finish in the office. I'm afraid I quit Twitter a long time ago but if I get time I'll update :p

Reactions: Shrek5 and Sandra
Adam, the day has finally arrived. I hope everything goes smoothly. Have you got everything you need (that means camera for our pics) i will alert admin that we will be need servers in top form to cope with the demand of all us sitting here biting our nails waiting for the pics. Have fun and enjoy and we look forward to hearing from you. :) x

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

Reactions: Shrek5
lol ok. Sort those servers out for me

Out of the office now and ONWARDS TO AUDI! :D

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, Keef, Shrek5 and 1 other person
lol ok. Sort those servers out for me

Out of the office now and ONWARDS TO AUDI! :D

Fantastic Adam. You know the drill, we want lots of pics today and twice as much tomorrow.lmao. Have a great collection. I think we all be sitting here waiting and counting down the minutes till we get to share your car with you. Enjoy. :) x

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Sorry guys for some reason the app wasn't letting me upload pictures. Just got home literally 5 mins ago and straight on here to upload pics for you all :p

The licence plate will be changed in about a day before anyone gets ideas :p

IMG 3790 IMG 3774 IMG 3789IMG 3795IMG 3788

Reactions: markyy, Keef, Sandra and 1 other person
*starts hitting F5 repeatedly...*

(Strictly speaking Cmd-R on the Mac)

Reactions: AdamZA and Sandra
Adam, that is awesome. The colour is something else. Im lol at shrek hitting f5 i was doing that as well. It was hinestly worth the wait. We will await more, lol. Adam, you enjoy, there will be plenty of bystanders that will stop and stare as you go past, it really is stunning. :) x

Reactions: AdamZA
Well, I don't think there's much left to be said but the Sepang is a stunning colour. But it's also nice to see the contrast with the Estoril and Black Edition. At the moment it seems that the Sepang/Chrome combo works really well and that the Estoril/Black Edition works well together.

Looking forward to seeing GlynRS2's Sepang S5 in the Black Edition trim too to get a complete idea of how the two contrasting trims work.

Hopefully you are now 100% happy with what you have, I understand your frustrations when you first picked up the first one, so hopefully this one is as you had originally hoped. :) :thumbsup:

Reactions: AdamZA and Sandra
Well there were still complications today... the private plate for one... The numberplate was already attached to the car as well and they only realised there was a problem 5 mins before I arrived... Because of their mix up as well I didn't get my free 7 days insurance.

Still the car looks perfect - not a mark on it. ABC Detailing did a fantastic job preparing and detailing the car. Sepang is an amazing colour - it will work well with Black Edition trim as well I think - it's Estoril that in my opinion would be better with chrome highlights. Very pleased with the wheels and pretty much everything! Need to figure out how the Audi Active Lane Assist or whatever its called works - it didn't seem to do anything when I was testing it on the drive back.

It's a bit weird as I didn't really take many pictures at the dealership... Just a handful really. Maybe should have spent more time there.

Reactions: Sandra
Adam
Looks amazing. Stunning colour. Hope the rain isn't too bad!
I managed to get the insurance :)

The car looks stunning.
I bet you are glad to have it home.
Counting the days until I get mine now.

Reactions: markyy and AdamZA
Really loving the colour now - didn't take much time to get used to at all :p it's still very blue though!

It's going through it's second rain shower so far lol. Nothing too bad thankfully. Hopefully the GTechniq stuff protects it well from rain and dirt...

Figured out the active lane assist. It's so cool freaky to have the car steer for you!

Out for a drive now just for fun :D

Reactions: markyy and Shrek5
Adam, you got the sleeping bag ready for the first night of car ownership, lol. That is a great pic. :) x

Don't need it Sandra! Those super sports seats are comfortable enough and are heated if necessary

Reactions: Statler, Shrek5 and Sandra
Thanks for sharng the video Adam. Just 2 more days to go then its the weekend. You can take the car for a nice long run. :) x