AdamZA's S5 Sportback Waiting Thread! UPDATE. 40 HOURS TO COLLECTION. 8/8/2014 ...

AdamZA

Reaction score
{بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم}

So... after a lot of going back and forth between the trio of Watford Audi, Audi Finance and Audi UK, the order for my new, replacement Audi S5 Sportback has been officially placed!

To be finished in the amazing Sepang Blue with Lunar Silver Super Sports Seats, the car has as much of the toys as I could spec thanks to the discount Watford Audi gave me due to their ridiculous mess with my current Estoril Blue S5 Sportback.

I really can't wait for this car... Everything about it will transform the drive and set it apart from my current car:

- Quattro Sports differential
- Dynamic Steering
- Damper Control
- Audi Drive Select
- Side Assist, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
- Sunroof
- Mobile prep with Audi Connect
- Advanced Key

and to finish off the car: 20" 5 double spoke wheels. This is in addition to the Black Edition spec.

Of that spec, only the sunroof and Mobile prep with Audi Connect are in my current car as well as the old 20" wheels.

I'm already really looking forward to collection which, if Audi are to be believed (which face it, they're not) will be around mid-August as the build week is 29 (mid-July).

I can't pretend not to have taken inspiration from others on the forum, especially Warren who is a terrible influence on all of us :p As such, there will be a few modifications to the car and hopefully a few purchases in the next couple of months to ease the pain of waiting! All will be revealed in good time...

I've also contacted Andy at ABC Detailing who I will be asking to detail the car prior to collection at the dealership so that I can fully enjoy the handover experience! After last time... I won't let Audi touch my car and Audi don't want to touch it either!

Expect this thread to become full of Sepang and Sepang Estoril comparisons as well as anything else which keeps the excitement alive! :p

A big thanks to everyone on here who advised me on how to deal with Audi after they managed to ruin an amazing S5 Sportback (see my other thread if you want details on what happened...)

Let the waiting begin!

- -
Initial Update: Build week 29, mid-July. Delivery mid-August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: warren_S5, Cuppa, DAYTONA 500 and 3 others
Glad you got it sorted Adam ,the car will be the Dogs Dangly's with all the right options:hubbahubba: ,also another waiting thread for all of us to participate in.:yum:

Last edited:
Reactions: AdamZA
Glad you got it sorted Adam ,the car will be the Dogs Dangly'swith all the right options:hubbahubba: ,also another waiting thread for all of us to participate in.:yum:

Thanks Daytona - and you're spot on: I'm counting on you guys to get me through this!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Morning Adam, i think we all going to enjoy this thread. We can add tunes, videos, ideas for mods for when you get your new car, im away to think of some tunes for you. Let the wait for your car begin, we will do out best to make it a pleasant experience. :) x

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and AdamZA
Morning Adam, i think we all going to enjoy this thread. We can add tunes, videos, ideas for mods for when you get your new car, im away to think of some tunes for you. Let the wait for your car begin, we will do out best to make it a pleasant experience. :) x

That'd be awesome Sandra - I was actually hoping to get some tunes like you kindly did for Warren as well! I think his music collection is a bit better than mine... mine definitely needs refinement!

Reactions: warren_S5 and Sandra
That'd be awesome Sandra - I was actually hoping to get some tunes like you kindly did for Warren as well! I think his music collection is a bit better than mine... mine definitely needs refinement!

Im going to enjoy this, i did loads of countdowns in the 8v section and i enjoyed Warrens and Glenns (snakes ) waiting time. Now its your turn. I can only promise you one thing, and that is i wont do any sort of classical music, as i just dont enjoy it that much, warren can help you there, i will tell you that music choices will be so random, as its more fun that way Adam. :) x

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AdamZA
Im going to enjoy this, i did loads of countdowns in the 8v section and i enjoyed Warrens and Glenns (snakes ) waiting time. Now its your turn. I can only promise you one thing, and that is i wont do any sort of classical music, as i just dont enjoy it that much, warren can help you there, i will tell you that music choices will be so random, as its more fun that way Adam. :) x

Sounds good! Looking forward to it!

Reactions: Sandra
Adam, just read your other thread and can't believe they have gone and ruined your S5. That sucks bigtime, I would of been bouncing off the walls having waited so long and then for it to get screwed up like that. At least you got a successful resolution in the end

Will have a look when not at work. In the meantime, enjoy a couple of my fave photos of an RS5 in Sepang Blue!

Custom audi rs5 in sepang blue is pure beauty photo gallery 8

Custom audi rs5 in sepang blue is pure beauty photo gallery 6

Reactions: warren_S5
Adam, just read your other thread and can't believe they have gone and ruined your S5. That sucks bigtime, I would of been bouncing off the walls having waited so long and then for it to get screwed up like that. At least you got a successful resolution in the end

I can't believe it either to be honest! Without Audi UK and Audi Finance getting involved they probably would have made life impossible and forced me to reject the car and get a refund. I would have then been car-less for 4 months and then bought from OrangeWheels or Drive the Deal!

Luckily the original car was on the forecourt so I never had to wait... I went for it originally because you can no longer order Estoril Blue or the wheels on my current car so I figured it was a chance to own something rare.

Anyway, I should be very happy with Sepang and the spec of the new car - and in the end I haven't lost much money (fuel to go to the dealership and back etc and a bit of the insurance policy premiums... and road tax... okay I've lost too much money :p) but they have facilitated the swapping over of the cars well...

Lets hope for happy days when the new one arrives!

Reactions: Rich M
Cool .......... let the 2nd lot of waiting begin then :)

Car spec is fantastic and oh joy to get it with the new design 20" rims AND SEPANG BLUE ... superb !!!!

That car WILL be worth the wait for sure.

Great to have another count down thread too :icon_thumright:

Reactions: Rich M, Sandra and AdamZA
Excellent, I am glad this has finally been sorted for you, nothing worse than taking delivery only to find some other clown has gone and ruined it for you! As I've said previously I think Sepang looks great - certainly if it had been an option at the time I might well have been swayed towards it.

Look at it this way... you get to have driven two brand new cars in less than a year, can't be bad! ;) :thumbsup:

Reactions: warren_S5, Snake Pliskin and AdamZA
Great song. Can't believe I didn't have it already!

Snake, Shrek - I don't think I would be as worthy an owner without the waiting period! :p I think i'll take your advice of thinking of it as two brand new cars in less than a year ;)

Lol - funnily enough I was going to say at least now you will be able to consider yourself a fully paid up member of the "I had to wait X months" club, you'd had it too easy first time around... :p

You are also a fully paid up member of the "I had terrible service but I STILL bought an Audi despite their best attempts" club, although I'll admit that title might need a bit of work.

Reactions: warren_S5, Snake Pliskin and AdamZA
Great song. Can't believe I didn't have it already!

Snake, Shrek - I don't think I would be as worthy an owner without the waiting period! :p I think i'll take your advice of thinking of it as two brand new cars in less than a year ;)
Will soon have you educated with some decent music. My taste is vast and varied, its going to be like "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you going to get next" glad you liked my forst choice, :) x

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q7yCLn-O-Y0

Last edited:
Reactions: warren_S5, AdamZA, Shrek5 and 1 other person
You managed to locate an S5 (new shape) in sepang blue on the net to see what one looks like ?

Wow, what a car this is going to be. I can't believe what Audi did to your Estoril S5, really is disgusting. On the upside now you will have a brand new car ordered to the spec you wanted. A very nice healthy list of options there too.

Sepang is an amazing colour, after driving and being around an RS5 in Sepang it would be my only choice if I was going to order a S5/RS5.

Let the countdown commence...and roll on August.

You managed to locate an S5 (new shape) in sepang blue on the net to see what one looks like ?

Not a single sportback... Only RS5's and coupes. Will post some pics up of the ones I've found soon. Gotta pace this thread! It's content has to last for months and continue to be interesting :p

Another good choice! I have to start getting the mp3 files for my iPod and create an S5 Waiting playlist populated with these...

Wow, what a car this is going to be. I can't believe what Audi did to your Estoril S5, really is disgusting. On the upside now you will have a brand new car ordered to the spec you wanted. A very nice healthy list of options there too.

Sepang is an amazing colour, after driving and being around an RS5 in Sepang it would be my only choice if I was going to order a S5/RS5.

Let the countdown commence...and roll on August.

I agree - I've made the best out of a bad situation luckily but there will be others out there who have this problem and either won't notice it, won't care or won't have any luck with their dealerships... I'm happy in the end because I'm effectively borrowing an S5 while making payments towards the new one with the spec I desire. It's a bit of an odd situation really.

The only thing I don't like is that Sepang is now a ~£600 option and will become much more common than Estoril was.

I'll tell you what though guys... I can't wait to remap this beast! But it might wait until February or so - I usually remap my cars as a birthday present to myself :p

Reactions: warren_S5 and Shrek5
Actually I have to correct myself... All I found were RS5's and no S5's or A5's...

I've just found one of an A5 black edition coupe though!

800px Audi A5 Coup S line competition Sepangblau

Not bad! ;)

Glad I didn't go for the black edition though - looking forward to those chrome highlights!

Reactions: warren_S5 and DAYTONA 500
Ok I just hit the jackpot! One lucky Norwegian who has a Sepang Blue facelift S5 Coupe!

S5 Sepang Blue Coupe Slideshow by AdamZA | Photobucket

And since you're on my Photobucket anyway, if you guys like you can check out my first car, my Peugeot 207, for which I custom made the headlights! The headlights in those pictures took a couple of months to make and included stripping a standard pair of aftermarket headlights, replacing the internal components (projector, etc), spraying the headlights myself, fitting a LED strip which was imported from Hong Kong (just as a flexible strip of LEDS, not for automotive use) where the headlight wasn't designed and sealing them in as well as all the wiring. Then sealed everything with the correct automotive sealant for headlights (god that took ages to source) and adapted the wiring harness to work with it all.

Sorry but I'm proud of this seeing as I did it all when I was 18! :p I sold the headlights on after I parted with the car and, yes, they passed the MOT!

AdamZA's Peugeot 207 Slideshow by AdamZA | Photobucket

EDIT: Link updated with condensed slideshow!

Last edited:
Interesting story Adam, amazingly short sighted Dealer, but good that it's sorted out.

I know my A5 is white, but I'm seriously thinking about having the dealer leave it well alone when it arrives... :D

Interesting story Adam, amazingly short sighted Dealer, but good that it's sorted out.

I know my A5 is white, but I'm seriously thinking about having the dealer leave it well alone when it arrives... :D

You shouldn't see anything on Ibis White but whilst ignorance is bliss, they will definitely not take the amount of care over your pride and joy as you will want them to.

The cars arrive from the factory with a lot of iron fall out and some dirt on the paint. There will also be marks where the transport sheets didn't cover. If you don't want the dealer to touch it then my opinion is that you need to have a plan in place to either do it yourself with the right products or take it to be detailed. Depends how meticulous you want to be!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
The car collection is 1 day closer lol. :) x

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SR6iYWJxHqs

:) That's just what I needed! Just back from an early morning round trip to Heathrow. Should I be surprised I managed 30mpg!? I didn't exactly try to be economic...

Ahh already the anticipation is building - collection seems so far away! I'm sure that a build week of 29 is optimistic...

Lol, up early on a sunday morning is never good. Im currently at prestwick airport to see the gumball rally cars and stars parade. I be lucky to see anything as its packed. :) x

Lol, up early on a sunday morning is never good. Im currently at prestwick airport to see the gumball rally cars and stars parade. I be lucky to see anything as its packed. :) x

Sounds like fun! Early on a Sunday morning wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't only managed 3.5 hours sleep and had to be up at 5am.

Then again, driving around London is so much more relaxing with barely any cars on the road! Plus its a beautiful day.

Btw, what car do you drive?

currentlly a3 soon to be s3 which on order. I got up at 5 am to drive to airport as i wanted to see the rally cars and the bat tumbler. Think everyone else had the same idea. :) x

I can get this car looking clean but never the way it should look from the factory :( Audi have really ruined the paintwork completely - it looks dull and lifeless. Here's a quick iphone pic from before I collected it to illustrate:

Before:

IMG 2614

After:

IMG 2616IMG 2618

Just look at the hologramming and how little the colour pops out now. The other side looks better since there is no direct light on it!

But anyway, I'm just trying to look forward to this...

Sepang at its best!

IMG 2488

Last edited:
Hard to tell from the pics due to the different lighting conditions but I see the massive swirls and defects.

I cleaned Mrs S's Jag XF last night and give it a quick wax this morning. There are loads of swirls in its white paint, but standing back, it's hard to see them... Still better to start with fresh paint in good condition I think

Can't believe you're going to put yourself through it after all we've had to suffer, but then if you're a stickler for detail then it's the only way.

Good colour & wheel choices so I'm really looking forward to what this car will look like.

Good on you San for providing the soundtrack to our waits!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, AdamZA and Sandra