AdamZA's S5 Sportback Waiting Thread! UPDATE. 40 HOURS TO COLLECTION. 8/8/2014 ...

Could have even been scuba blue :)

Come on

Come on

If you are gonna tease us with potential glimpses of an S5 sepang - we need to know it was the real thing :o.k:

Reactions: AdamZA
Ok, ok, maybe it was Scuba blue, quit with the interrogation wouldcha - I've an Ibis white fixation at the minute so blue is blue is blue....

I'll try to get a pic in the morning if it turns up....

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AdamZA
a lesson in blue :) .......

sprint blue

Scuba blue

Estoril blue

sepang blue

So it's either Sprint or Sepang. Scuba and Estoril are too dark..

Ahh, you missed the great quote from the Untouchables: "Here endeth the lesson..." :anbet:

Reactions: AdamZA and Snake Pliskin
ha ha ...... yeah I missed that one :)

Hmmmmm .... sprint blue was phased out a few years ago, so it could be that if its a much older car.

Sepang has been used on the RS5 pretty much from launch I think so if its an RS5, I would say there's a good possibility it may be that.

Otherwise, if its a brand new S5 in sepang, it would be hot off the press.

Try and see if it has the new 'paperclip' DRL's or if they are the older style dotted type as that will be a good indicator too.

Statler said it was a 63 plate so don't think it's MY15! I test drove an amazing A5 in Sprint Blue before - will post a pic after I get back from work

Sprint is very light in colour compared to Sepang.

Wonder what you guys think of the new Audi TT, btw?

With its 'virtual cockpit' and new techy interior it seems quite good. Wonder if the virtual cockpit will be put into other models.

Wonder what you guys think of the new Audi TT, btw?

With its 'virtual cockpit' and new techy interior it seems quite good. Wonder if the virtual cockpit will be put into other models.

I loved both my TT and TTS and moved into the S5 for more space and usable rear seats for the odd occasion.
Having seen the new TTS it does look great and given the right situation I am sure I could be talked back into one.
Although my ideal car next would be an RS3, as never had an RS and this would keep the practicality element.

Statler said it was a 63 plate so don't think it's MY15! I test drove an amazing A5 in Sprint Blue before - will post a pic after I get back from work

Sprint is very light in colour compared to Sepang.

Chances are it was a new RS5 then :icon_thumright:

As promised!

Dealer website photos:

HighResImageaspx 10

HighResImageaspx 14

"Real" photos!

IMG 1418

IMG 1414

IMG 1416

Edit: Damn that looks amazing... That's Sprint... I can't wait to see Sepang! Sepang is too dark for the black wheels though... Or is it? Opinions!

Reactions: GlynRS2
Last pic for now... a pre-facelift Sepang S5 Sportback!

Screen Shot 2014 06 17 at 180506

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Shrek5 and GlynRS2
So, I promised that I would spend on the car and while this 'mod' isn't exactly performance related, it's something I've wanted for quite some time!

Here's a teaser...

IMG 2831

I think we can all figure this one out! Having said that - toying with the idea of applying it straight away or enjoying the car on a 64-plate first!

Reactions: Sandra
That be a private plate then Adam. Lol. :) x

Welcome to the club! Only downside in NI is that we can't put it on retention between vehicles... Maybe with the DVA recalling all DVLNI licencing activity back to Cardiff on 21st July they will bring it in line with the rest of the UK!!!

The black wheels on blue don't do it for me in either colour. The blue looks better with silver wheels and a wee bit of chrome. It lifts it.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
See, I agree with both of you guys.

I think the black wheels would work - but that doesn't mean that the silver wheels wouldn't suit the car better. I suppose it depends on how much of a modded look you want really - silver effectively says "I have nice wheels and they look classy" and black says "I have nice, mean wheels and they look aggressive"

Perhaps those statements need tweaking :p

I think gunmetal wheels would work better than black though.

I think it's about time I email my sales guy and ask for an update on the build week :p I've been restrained up until now! I also want to ask him about these 'high gloss' wheels as I'm still wondering if this means I will get the diamond cut version of them! Now that would look immense with all the chrome bits on the car but I wonder if their diamond cut finish is as poor as BMWs :(

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Quite liked that tune... even if I'm probably not the target demographic!

Adam, as per the other thread (thought I'd stop the hijack of that one and spread the love a bit) these are a couple of photos of the ACC, the inmotion one isn't the best but hopefully you can see the red lights around the outer. In the FL cars the max speed for the ACC is 100mph (Think it's something like 120mph pre-FL). One neat feature is pre-FL you could only go up or down in 5mph increments. On the FL cars between 20-40 (I think) you can go in 2.5mph increments, above that it reverts to the 5mph increments.

ACCDashDisplay01.jpg

ACCDashDisplay02.jpg

Reactions: warren_S5, Snake Pliskin and AdamZA
Thanks Shrek - really appreciate the effort you went to for the pics.

I was hoping there would be some mix of colours on the facelift - maybe some green for the current speed or something. Anyway, never mind that.

Do the LEDs always illuminate up to 100mph even when you set it to 30, etc? Also, is there a non-active mode or does it have to be active whenever it's engaged?

Interestingly, your speedo is different to mine wrt the speed increments. Will post a pic in a sec from my phone.

2ehu7uhy.jpg

Sorry I know the quality from the TapaTalk app is poor!

Actually it's too poor to make anything out. Hang on

Really not having much luck with this picture! Here goes again.

Dash

Last edited:
No worries mate. The outer band is always illuminated when it's active (as well as the green light in the centre of the dash) with the selected speed highlighted in a brighter red. If you brake or disengage (soft push back on the stalk) then the selected speed remains highlighted but no-outer ring (as per the second pic). If you push the stalk all the way back and disengage (or from startup) then there are no LED's...

As for the differences, TBH I can't make it out from the Tapatalk photo, perhaps you can post a better quality version when you get the chance. :)

Right yep, see it now, on the second attempt. Not sure if that's an ACC thing or not, but you'd have thought it would be the same across SB and Coupe - or maybe it's a model year thing. Will see what it is like on your new one...

No worries mate. The outer band is always illuminated when it's active (as well as the green light in the centre of the dash) with the selected speed highlighted in a brighter red. If you brake or disengage (soft push back on the stalk) then the selected speed remains highlighted but no-outer ring (as per the second pic). If you push the stalk all the way back and disengage (or from startup) then there are no LED's...

As for the differences, TBH I can't make it out from the Tapatalk photo, perhaps you can post a better quality version when you get the chance. :)

Thanks for this info - I usually leave the cruise control on but disengaged - never push the stalk all the way back. At least from startup there are no LEDs on which means I don't have to change this practice!

Just to clarify - the outer band is highlighted from 20-100 regardless of the set cruise control speed limit? So if you set the limit to 70, regardless of whether the ACC has you doing 50 or 70, its highlighted to 100? Hope I'm being clear.

I can't imagine its an ACC thing as surely it would then be the other way around - you'd need the smaller increments from 20 onwards up to 40 to better illustrate the smaller increment increases in ACC. We'll indeed have to see on my new one. Wish it wasn't so long to wait!

Yes if the ACC is active you have the outer ring fully illuminated, the target speed in a brighter red irrespective of the actual speed you are doing (e.g. because you are behind cars doing 50mph).