Ad Blue (miles until fill up notice)

So I happened to be within a miles or so of the nearest garage with an AdBlue pump to me, so filled up at the weekend, painless and very inexpensive @ only 45.9p per litre.

IMG 0542

As per the pic I could only get in 9.18 litres, so with the standard 12L tank it got to just over 10k miles when the 2k range fill up warning appeared, so either the 3.0TDi 218 Quattro uses a lot less AdBlue than the 2.0TDI engines in the B9 or our 3k miles in 17days across Europe in the summer helped make ours use so little.

Be interested to hear from other B9 3.0TDi owners as to their AdBlue range.

This is annoying I had a warning that I only had 650 miles left before engine wouldn't start. But then when I started the car again the warning wasn't there. And hasn't been in since.

I've only done 5500 miles from brand new on a 3.0 TDI quattro 218.

Think I should top up as a precaution?

This is annoying I had a warning that I only had 650 miles left before engine wouldn't start. But then when I started the car again the warning wasn't there. And hasn't been in since.

I've only done 5500 miles from brand new on a 3.0 TDI quattro 218.

Think I should top up as a precaution?

I'd top up next time you're near a petrol station that has an Ad Blue pump (which is much cheaper than buying it in a container, but its not exactly expensive either way) going by your mileage I'd guess it wasn't brimmed by the supplying dealer (which isn't that unusual).

We have the same car as you and our 2k mile Ad blue warning only came on after 10k miles, we're now on over 15k miles and wouldn't expect another warning to top up until over 20k really.