1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Activating VIM

Rjw76 Jun 26, 2020

1. Rjw76

Rjw76 Member

Hi all,

I have just been trying to active Video In Motion... I used this site (https://trick77.com/tools/mmi3g_vimcode.php/) to get the security access code. The code didn't work and, according to this site, that would indicate that VIM is not possible on my vehicle - is this true? It seems strange that I can play DVDs when the car is stationary but not activate it when moving?

Any help with this would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Am betting you don't have MMI3G, you have MIB2 (MMI4G). Activation method is very different and cannot be done via VCDS. If you can get to north London I can assist.

4. Rjw76

Rjw76 Member

I work in North London, so yes, I can get to you. I’m interested in getting a few things done that you might be able to help with. I assume it’s best for me to call the number on your website to discuss?

5. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Great! More than happy to have a chat, call on 07950 737 899 during office hours.