Activate parking display on MMI

Jenks88

Reaction score
Morning guys,

After a quick Google search a stumbled across this forum and have found it to be a plethora of knowledge!

I was just wondering if someone could code my parking sensors (rear only) to display on the MMI. I am located in South Yorkshire, but work in Nottingham so happy to commute to any of the surrounding areas.

Cheers

Welcome mate!

I don't believe it is possible to activate the MMI display with VCDS if you have rear sensors only on a facelift car . I'm sure someone will confirm but I think it was only possible on the pre-facelift

Welcome mate!

I don't believe it is possible to activate the MMI display with VCDS if you have rear sensors only on a facelift car . I'm sure someone will confirm but I think it was only possible on the pre-facelift
it can be done PFL, i did my brother car and he only has rear sensors.

Morning guys,

After a quick Google search a stumbled across this forum and have found it to be a plethora of knowledge!

I was just wondering if someone could code my parking sensors (rear only) to display on the MMI. I am located in South Yorkshire, but work in Nottingham so happy to commute to any of the surrounding areas.

Cheers
i live in leicester if you can make it to me

Cheers for the replies, yea its a FL. Is it still possible?

going by past posts I'm afraid not. as far as I am aware front sensors would need to be fitted as well first

Cheers for the replies, yea its a FL. Is it still possible?

As yours is a FL and you don’t have front sensors, I’m afraid I don’t think it’s possible.

I can still give it a go if you want, if it don’t work then no charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah thats a little annoying. Do you guys know anyone who can retrofit a oem reversing camera in that case?

there is nothing simple about adding anything involving electrics to an Audi and I mean anything .

Yea I'm beginning to learn that! I thought it might just a been a case of having a camera retrofitted and coded. Didn't have a clue it would need front sensors too!

Yea I'm beginning to learn that! I thought it might just a been a case of having a camera retrofitted and coded. Didn't have a clue it would need front sensors too!
Camera won’t give you those parking lines just the video feed. Still need front sensors or a modded parking module.

Hi there. I coded my rear sensors to display on MMI using Carista.

I got a free 7 day trial but was so pleased that it worked that I paid for a years subscription.

Enabled a few others things with it too, such as chirp, needle sweep, open and close sunroof with long key press etc.

Bargain

Hi there. I coded my rear sensors to display on MMI using Carista.

I got a free 7 day trial but was so pleased that it worked that I paid for a years subscription.

Enabled a few others things with it too, such as chirp, needle sweep, open and close sunroof with long key press etc.

Bargain

You have a pre-facelift vehicle then.

Couldn't do chirp on my 2014 S-Line Sportback. Apparently I don't have the right module to allow it.

Hi guys. I’ve got a 2014 1.8 Quattro, 3dr in black with factory fitted black pack. It’s got a great spec and I absolutely luv it. Carista a bargain for enabling rear sensor MMI display and minor mods.

I have a FL 2018 Sport and tried using Carista to get the parking graphic to display on the MMI but it did not work. Anyone else tried since this thread was started?

On facelift, you’d need to upgrade to parking system plus ie front sensors before you can get the reversing camera. If anyone can, it’s @DJAlix.
I have Fl with no parking sensors. DJAlix fitted a reversing camera to mine and it works perfectly.

Hi, Thanks for the response, but I was looking to try and get the image on the MMi, as I have rear parking sensors but form the responses above, it still looks like you cant do it on the FL model unless you have to have both front and rear (Parking System Plus) sensors. Oh well......