Activate hill hold / assist with OBDeleven

Colibri84

Reaction score
Does someone know how to activate hill-hold or assist with OBDeleven?
It's not listed as an app but I've seen this on OBDAPP (Stemei.de / Kufatec) so it should be possible.
Just want to release my foot from braking pedal in front of a traffic light...

Does someone know how to activate hill-hold or assist with OBDeleven?
It's not listed as an app but I've seen this on OBDAPP (Stemei.de / Kufatec) so it should be possible.
Just want to release my foot from braking pedal in front of a traffic light...
I'm not sure about how to do it through OBDeleven but if your car has the function its in the owners manual.
I had to turn mine on as it was off when I collected it.

Page 113 of your A3 owners manual.

Hill Hold Assist

Last edited:
Reactions: AdamInKent
I'm not sure about how to do it through OBDeleven but if your car has the function its in the owners manual.
I had to turn mine on as it was off when I collected it.

Page 113 of your A3 owners manual.

View attachment 252932

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I have automatic gearing indeed but unfortunately this option is not in my MMI. It should be possible with coding but can't find the coding. Coding with my former 8V and VCDS was much easier.

Attachments

• IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 175
Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I have automatic gearing indeed but unfortunately this option is not in my MMI. It should be possible with coding but can't find the coding. Coding with my former 8V and VCDS was much easier.

The amount of things you can do on the 8Y with OBDeleven is pretty limited (I've only managed to enable lane assist memory and needle sweep on start up).
My wife has the MK8 Golf which I have added R display, GTI display, Lane assist memory, amount of fuel required to fill tank and also maps on her digital cockpit at the same time as the MMI screen.
Golf Dash 1
Golf Dash 2
Golf Dash 5
Golf Dash 6
Golf Dash 7

Last edited:
All 8Y's have Hold Assist as standard, unless it's different in Europe

The amount of things you can do on the 8Y with OBDeleven is pretty limited (I've only managed to enable lane assist memory and needle sweep on start up).
My wife has the MK8 Golf which I have added R display, GTI display, Lane assist memory, amount of fuel required to fill tank and also maps on her digital cockpit at the same time as the MMI screen.View attachment 252934View attachment 252935View attachment 252936View attachment 252937View attachment 252938

Looks much better indeed. I have bought OBDeleven and I'm a little dissapointed. For now I was able to change Needle Swipe, Seat belt warning, Swedish DRL tail light but doesn't work well when unlocking the car. I wanted to activate hold assist and animated tail light. I have a SB without Matrix and without standard animated tail lights. So hopefully this this is possible in the near future.

Reactions: Brian Leslie
I think so, the strange thing is, OBDapp is offering this to active hold assist >

Yes, I see that it does offer it - I can't understand why this wouldn't just be standard across all countries

You do sometimes have to do it several times and with the bonnet open sometimes as well! Why I don't know and only what I've read

Yes, I see that it does offer it - I can't understand why this wouldn't just be standard across all countries

You do sometimes have to do it several times and with the bonnet open sometimes as well! Why I don't know and only what I've read
OBDeleven is not even offering this unfortunately so I will post this question on their forum.
You're right, sometimes even simple tweaks need to be done several times before the car / app is accepting the modification.

I wish that Ross-tech will fix the SFD security layer so that we can use our VCDS cable:)

Looks much better indeed. I have bought OBDeleven and I'm a little dissapointed. For now I was able to change Needle Swipe, Seat belt warning, Swedish DRL tail light but doesn't work well when unlocking the car. I wanted to activate hold assist and animated tail light. I have a SB without Matrix and without standard animated tail lights. So hopefully this this is possible in the near future.
Thanks.
I didn't try the Swedish DRL's or the seat belt warning as I didn't fancy them.
None of the other Adaptions or Apps work on mine despite trying several times with bonnet open/closed etc.
If it wasn't for the amount possible on the Golf I'd have asked for a refund.

Colibri84 said:
I wish that Ross-tech will fix the SFD security layer so that we can use our VCDS cable:)

You can, use OBDeleven first to unlock SFD then put your VCDS cable in place of OBDeleven and you have 90 minutes, if you need more time just do the same process for another 90 minutes.

Colibri84 said:

You can, use OBDeleven first to unlock SFD then put your VCDS cable in place of OBDeleven and you have 90 minutes, if you need more time just do the same process for another 90 minutes.
Many thanks !! I didn't know that and worked very well

Reactions: MELenium