Accessing the hidden 3G MMI Menu

VRStu

Just Looking
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.octavia-vrs.com
There are several fora and websites which give info on how to access the hidden menu to activate other nice features however I found that the most widely publicised method didn't appear to work for me so after some googling and lots of reading I found an owner called Mike with a similar issue who had found a different method which he's kindly shared and I thought I post here for all in case you want it and to save searching.

Firstly the secret menu must be enabled with VCDS beforehand.

[5F - Information Electr.]
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 6 -> Change 0 to 1
Save and Exit.

Next -

Press/Release car (turns red)
Press/Release setup (turns red)
Press/Hold car & setup at same time for approx 6 seconds (setup button red light goes out)
Release both buttons then press setup again.

To exit the Hidden Menu you need to restart the MMI -

Press and hold down the function keys (Setup), the control button (Joystick centre button) and the control key at the top right simultaneously until the MMI system shuts down. Release the keys and the MMI system reboots.

So is the difference to normal that you are doing these first?

Press/Release car (turns red)
Press/Release setup (turns red)

Everything else seems the same.

Thanks VRStu,

I have bluetooth fitted, so is this something that is already enabled? Or is the 3G something else?? The link didn't give any detail. (unless I'm missing something! Always possible!)

If you already have BT then that part wouldn't apply. Yes you may have missed something, you should have a look at some of the links on that page if you are interested.

Eg -

TPM (A £65 option or free if you have the correct ABS controller) - AudiEnthusiasts TPMS

Video in Motion - AudiEnthusiasts Master

Needle Sweep - AudiEnthusiasts Vag Com

Yep,

Thanks for that. I like the idea of enabling the TMP, and I have hill hold assist, so it should be do-able. Trouble is I don't have a VAGCOM?? Is that what it's called?

Mind you I'd probably make a complete f**k up of it, so probably cheaper to pay dealer £65 for it!

So far so good -

TPM activated
Ambient Lighting Control activated
Battery Level activated
Dipping Rear View Mirror activated

CD Ripping to Hard Disk activated - to be tested
VIM activated - to be tested

As it requires a switch, I assume HHA cannot be activated via VCDS?

Sounds like you know your onions when it comes to the settings - I must admit you’re a braver man than me, having a new car that’s less than one week old and tinkering with the settings!

I managed to retrofit an Aux-in lead to the ford stereo in the wife’s focus on Saturday
and was feeling pretty darn chuffed with myself - I suddenly feel very inadequate!
I’m guessing the VCDS equipment cost is high?

I look forward to reading more….

Cheers
Keef

Reactions: TahirS
The hidden menu is required for quite a few tweaks but many are just done in VCDS (Vag-com)
I've just checked to see what I've done. Errrm quite a few !

Hidden Menu
Lap timer/oil temp
Needle sweep
CD ripping
DRL’s - no winking
Ambient Lighting
Battery Level
Aux ventilation
kerb lighting
LEDs @ 50% with headlights
Number of windscreen washes before headlight wash increased
Auto brake off without seatbelt being on
DVD playback when VIM
Seatbelt warning disabled
Reversing mirror dip
Alarm Beep
Emergency Brake light flash (not sure if it works)
Default mode for Dynamic Modes changed to Idividual instead of Auto
standby delay from 10 to 30 (time radio etc can be on with ignition off)
DIS comsumption corrected

Looks like you have been a busy boy Scotty.

I filled up for the first time today so DIS Correction may be on the cards soon. :icon_thumright:

I've looked at pretty much all of what you have listed, most of which I don't think I need but that may change with time :think:

As you say Keef as the HHA on the A4 has a switch then it's more than a VCDS tweak but could be retrofittable.

I've been tweaking B8s for a couple of years so it's not all been in one go. I've done many and then put them back. I liked the American taillights but haven't yet found a way to stop the Euro turn signal without getting a DIS error.

Don't rush the DIS consumption correction. Mine varies with how I use the car and the amount it's out isn't consistent so you need a decent average.

I'd love HHA as I had it on the 2009 B8 I had ..... but I can't see it being done for me as I have Stop / Start and apparently it's incompatible.

I think I'm about to find all my tweaks have gone. My car's currently at Audi having the latest maps and s/w put on and I know they've updated many modules in SVM which will have put back the factory codes.

Still I guess it's more time for playing in the car ;)

Interested to know what happens with your maps Scotty. Do they charge you for them?

I'm a bit gutted there still isn't 7 digit postcodes, SAT, VW and Skoda have it on the RNS510 based units.

No charge ..... but only coz it's an offer of goodwill.

I got it due to two things.

[1] I complained that my 3G wasn't working properly (the roundabout issue) when my 2G did. I said that since I'd had the car over a year and it still wasn't fixed that wasn't acceptable. My dealer said they'd try to get goodwill from Audi.

[2] When my dealer applied the software fix for the above, it didn't go right and hence I got the car back with the same version prior to their attempt.

After this I was told that as an offer of goodwill they'd do me a free map upgrade. This was back in October '10 and I could have had the March '10 update (my car/maps are Sep '09) or I could wait until the March release in 2011. I waited .... but Audi delayed the release of the update so it's only going on now.

I'm not expecting much functionaolity change if any......and there won't be 7 digit postcode. :(

1106%20Nav%20ver.jpg

Weird !! It took them hours as they sad they were updating all the modules!

map update takes 45 mins and unless they do a comparison test after then your tweeks will not be affected as this is not a mmi update but a map update

p0054 is a factory release and no availability to update at dealer level as 0031 is the latest up datable release for the dealers

if you have updated to 0031 then yes the svm will recode the 5f and wipe tweeks

Last edited:
Thanks A8 Tech,

I expected the tweaks to go as I didn't ask them not to leave them alone. Many stayed but many went. No worries.

Initial feelings are that the roundabout issue is better but I've only driven about 20 miles. I've also got a some small clocks that pop up with "delays" etc.

Do you have access to what's changed between versions? It always makes me wonder.

And the instructions at roundabout still aren't correct !!!! :mad:

What's happening mate, I'll see if I notice it on mine.
If I'm turning right on a roudabout :
"Take the third exit" (i.e take the exit at 3 o'clock)
Just as I pass exit two (12'oclock) it says "Now take the second exit"....when it should be the first.

default mmi and then set up short voice tags and retry
I tried short voice tags on a previous version after my dealer suggested it and it didn't help but I'll definately try your suggestion and see what happens. Many thanks - I'll give it a go and report back.

I've not noticed on mine Scotty, tried it today.

Perhaps you could push the dealer to replace the nav unit if they can't resolve it.

if they replace it then only sw 0031 will be installed as the units come without the software installed.

only the factory can update to 0054

so it will not change anything and at £1900 ago its likely warranty will reject the dealers claim

the update fixed every complaint I dealt with and also a car i tested for 1week after the update

you may be able to dump screen the nav screen when the fault occurs to show the dealer who can then forward it to factory showing the problem with the gps info, road speed and distance before it commands now turn left

Just a thought but can you modify or correct the position of these Navs? I remember on the RNS-E and RNS510 etc you can adjust the car position etc. To check park on a cross roads or similar junction and see if the Nav places you in the same position.

It's good to know you don't seem to have the issue as hopefully that means it's been adressed and just have to filter down.

I think I'll make a video of it and see what Audi UK say. It's one thing paying through the nose for a satnav system but it's something else doing so when it doesn't fecking work !

there should be a revised update for the newer 0054 3g software coming soon

Fingers crossed.

I reset and changed the voice controls and the issues still there. I even got it going straight over a roundabout today.

Fingers crossed.

I reset and changed the voice controls and the issues still there. I even got it going straight over a roundabout today.
I have the same problem my local dealer tells me that it's a minor software change from the factory to correct the issue, they have done quite a few.

The problem is definately still there on mine and I have the latest dealer release maps and software.

Trev - please dive in and see what you can find. I'll admit to being a tad sceptical at the moment but also hopeful. A hopeful sceptic! Whatever next ?!?! ;)

The problem is definately still there on mine and I have the latest dealer release maps and software.

Trev - please dive in and see what you can find. I'll admit to being a tad sceptical at the moment but also hopeful. A hopeful sceptic! Whatever next ?!?! ;)
Gona book it in shortly, let you know what happens. By the way I think from memory I have an earlier version ending 0022 will check when next in car.

I was going onto a roundabout yesterday and about to take first exit which she announced correctly, as I was about to turn she said "now take the second exit" don't know about you but I regularly swear at the ****** thing.

Last edited:
Audi C.S. just called me and were saying there's little they can do and it's best to tal to the dealer. I explained the situation and now it's gonna be passed onto someone who has more time to investigate. The guy I spoke to was first line and I think they have to do quick turnaround and get through a lot of calls. They don't have the chance to do research etc.

I should be called back within 48 hours.

Maybe someone can help me this , I have my car A4 B8 with MMi 3G Nav kit which have SiM card slot. after insert SIM then telephone working fine , and bluetooth phone work also, my question is how can i know if this kit have voice control / SDS Control Module ? Due to when i press the PPT on wheel that give me information is "Button not used".

BTW, i used VCDS 11.3 version try to check 77-telephone and 67 -voice control , but can not detect out Module, looks like have not those module , i read some related info on net said which can enable from 5F module by code. but i tested can not . (retrofit instructions: http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/article...cecontrol.html )

Here is my 5F code: 010700000206EBEF77001F0D00000002

J794 Part No. 8KD 035 670 B

Thanks someone can help around !

Best regards !

Denis

Maybe someone can help me this , I have my car A4 B8 with MMi 3G Nav kit which have SiM card slot. after
insert SIM then telephone working fine , and bluetooth phone work also,
my question is how can i know if this kit have voice control / SDS
Control Module ? Due to when i press the PPT on wheel that give me
information is "Button not used".<br>
<br>
BTW, i used VCDS 11.3 version try to check 77-telephone and 67 -voice
control , but can not detect out Module, looks like have not those
module , i read some related info on net said which can enable from 5F
module by code. but i tested can not . (retrofit instructions: <a href="http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/a4a5a6voicecontrol.html" target="_blank">http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/article...cecontrol.html</a> )<br>
<br>
Here is my 5F code: 010700000206EBEF77001F0D00000002<br>
<br>
J794 Part No. 8KD 035 670 B<br>
<br>
Thanks someone can help around !<br>
<br>
<br>
Best regards !<br>
<br>
<br>
Denis