Access the Boost Pressure Sensor on 3.0TDI

Andi

Reaction score
Is there any technique to accessing the above without either tiny hands or dismantling the front of the car?

Just need to unplug and replug the connector...

There's bags of room on a Q7, sadly it's not this clear on an A6...
NmKC_YJhRhVuhhhhGbWaDAuikRyTOLjx6xdJhrpsjO8

Last edited:
So, no response so I'll fill in the detail in case anyone else is interested.

It's a PITA, but you can just about get to it by moving the Power Steering reservoir out of the way...

• Remove engine cover to get clearer access to the bottom right area
  • Undo the single star-screw in the clamp holding the Power Steering resevoir
  • Push the resevoir through the clamp and down and to the right, as far away from the intercooler pipework at possible
  • In the space you've just created, put your hand through and underneath the metal intercooler pipework
  • You should be able to feel a connector underneath which you can undo JUST! You may need to pull a little bit of loom to get some slack. Mine was so tight the connector had no give to actually move off
  • Remove hand and look at the bruise and scratches you've just acquired!

Long and short of it, tdi-tuning.co.uk dual channel diesel tuning box now installed, and a great addition!
Pah, who needs skin on the back of your hand, anyway... !

Was just typing out a reply lol - you can get at it without removing anything

If you feed the rubber water pipe under the hard plastic water pipe (left in direction) you can get you arm down the small gap between the power steering pot and the intake pipe
Reach down until you can bend your elbow - feel around for the plastic clip on the boost sensor - push it on first then press the release part of the clip (makes it easier to release)

Part of the issue was I wasn't 100% where the sensor was, so I had to explore!
But I see your reasoning though it would still be pretty tight.

It was handy having the p/s pot moveable for routing of the TDI box wiring underneath.

Not sure where to secure it, though... Currently wedged in the inner wing with some number plate tape - but that's far from ideal.
I may look at re-routing it to the scuttle area in the future, but I'd need to make holes, etc for that..

I cable tied mine to the bracket of the abs pump on the inner wing

Once you know where the sensor is you don't have to remove the p/s pot.
I was going to mount my DTUK tuning box in the scuttle panel too, but no real place to get throu the bulkhead without seeing the cable - completely hidden cable tied to the abs pump bracket

Its been a while but I am just installing a box on my 3.0ltr Avant and can't seem to access this sensor from above, is it possible to get to it from underneath?

Is it beneath the main box section of bodywork and close to the right hand intercooler? If so how on earth can you get the second connector done up with one hand?

Cheers

Yes, on top of the intercooler it’s self

You can get the connector up to attached them together, then feed the lot back down and connect to the boost pressure sensor

Got it...man its tight down there, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Just got to play with the settings now to find the optimum setting.

cheers