accelerator pedal removal

hollows wife

Reaction score
anyone know how to remove the accelerator pedal from the a3 2005 model . i think its same as the mk5 golf if so im sure it is difficult to unclip it from the floor and was hoping some one has previously done this and can offer some tips

yeah its identical to the golf and your right, its stuck to the floor very well. I just kept wriggling it loose before giving it a good yank!

Well just changed my pedals tonight as i got the new ones early - what a pig of a job getting the wiring connector out of the acc pedal, if it had popped out like i thought it would have taken <5 mins to change all the pedals

It is certainly a fiddly job and I challenge anyone not to scuff their knukles or fingers at some point, I'd like to say it gets easier when you have done several but it's still a pain, worth it though.

Well just changed my pedals tonight as i got the new ones early - what a pig of a job getting the wiring connector out of the acc pedal, if it had popped out like i thought it would have taken <5 mins to change all the pedals
Robby how did you end up getting the connector out because I'm having the same problem now what a nightmare lol

I unscrewed the the torx screw straight away as it lets you lift the pedal up a bit so you can pull on the connector at a better angle,the connector has a stiff clip on it but if you push it down and pull up sharply it should come out.I had more of a problem with the lower part but the person i bought it off sent me some instructions with it what made me think using a screwdriver for the clips .

scan0001 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I unscrewed the the torx screw straight away as it lets you lift the pedal up a bit so you can pull on the connector at a better angle,the connector has a stiff clip on it but if you push it down and pull up sharply it should come out.I had more of a problem with the lower part but the person i bought it off sent me some instructions with it what made me think using a screwdriver for the clips .

scan0001 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Thanks mate I'll give it another go tomorrow hopefully I'll get the ****** off this time lol

@robby I got my S3 pedal and I followed that link. However I couldnt take out the gas pedal and I end up paying someone else to do it,they stuck very tight to the floor and I didn't want use much force,in case I will break it :))