Accelerator Pedal ''feeling'' at 100% throttle

Casey87

Reaction score
Something ive noticed on the Audi that ive never had on a previous car before is that when im driving normally 1/2 throttle ect its normal but if i put my foot to the floor there is a feeling of an additional button being engaged on the pedal at 100% throttle.

Its hard to describe but basically when the throttle it say at 90% if you go any furhter i can feel a click. Im not sure if this is just to alert you you are at full throttle or is there another reason for this, something like... it would only fully boost when clicked in or is it just me ????

Yeh, it's the 'kickdown'. Used in automatics to get full power when you want it, making it shift down if needed. In your case, it puts the car in dynamic mode if you are normally in economy or something.

It happened in the a250 I test drove. For half the journey I thought I'd reached full throttle when I still had a bit to go!

^ Thats the thing though it is setup in Dynamic mode so if im already in Dynamic it wont do anything extra ?

Yeh, it's the 'kickdown'. Used in automatics to get full power when you want it, making it shift down if needed. In your case, it puts the car in dynamic mode if you are normally in economy or something.

Agree with cemerson.

If you are already in Dynamic then just enjoy it as treat it as "more power to pass".

John.

^ Thats the thing though it is setup in Dynamic mode so if im already in Dynamic it wont do anything extra ?

No. In cars I've driven with a speed limiter, it also overrides that.