ACC symbol within VC

markyboy75

Reaction score
Hi all,
I enable active cruise assist , however I don’t see a symbol on my virtual cockpit to tell me it’s on , or as some might say in standby/ ready mode. The manual refers to a symbol of a Speedo with an arrow, yet this doesn’t appear on my virtual cockpit. I’m guessing the symbol is for the standard instrument cluster , but was wondering if there’s suppose to be a symbol when you have the virtual cockpit. Many Thanks in advance . Mark

When cruise control is on you get the mentioned symbol below the speedo. Activated by pressing the button on the end of the cruise stalk.

Ah Ok, I don’t think that appears on mine. Does it matter what view in the virtual cockpit you have , as I normally have the 2 small dials view set rather that the 2 larger ones ? Thanks

Ah Ok, I don’t think that appears on mine. Does it matter what view in the virtual cockpit you have , as I normally have the 2 small dials view set rather that the 2 larger ones ? Thanks
No. It will still appear

No. It will still appear
Ok Thanks , I think I may have an issue as I don’t see the Speedo symbol with the arrow. I do however get a red line around the Speedo and a green arrow pointing inwards at a certain point in the Speedo

That could be it then. I don’t have acc only cc. When it’s active does the car hold a speed?

Should look something like this

Reactions: abmat
That could be it then. I don’t have acc only cc. When it’s active does the car hold a speed?
Oh yes it all seems to work but wasn’t sure how you would really now it’s on as in ready as the manual keeps referring to a speedometer with a green arrow pointing in that displays on the instrument cluster , I guessed it was probably related to the standard instrument cluster and not the vc . Thanks

Should look something like this

View attachment 253321
Thanks for this I did notice this , but unless I’m missing something couldn’t see anything that indicates the stalk was pulled forward and in ready mode as the book keep referring to the symbol that I don’t get . I guess the red ring around the Speedo is the indication which does make sense but was just checking with all you guys . Thanks again for all your help guys .

From memory I think the most noticeable thing is the green marker for the set speed, ie no 1 in the diagram above.

I use the digital speed display rather than the dials and when you turn on the ACC it shows the set speed as numbers rather than green marker on a dial which is much clearer.

The VC has quite a few combinations so its worth having a look at how the different assistance systems show in each of different main displays