ACC, Pre-Sense, & Distance Warning all "restricted" WTF?

GSB

Reaction score
Ok 8V Jedi's, what the hell is going on here?

Had the following messages flash up on my car the other day, for no apparent reason;

IMG 3661
IMG 3662
IMG 3665

The triple statement "see owners manual" offers little clarity...

Any clues?

Check the sensors in the front of the car, especially the one in the bottom center of the grill. Maybe something is stuck on it.

Check the sensors in the front of the car, especially the one in the bottom center of the grill. Maybe something is stuck on it.
First thing I checked, but it's clean...

If the alarm doesn't clear I suppose I'll have to drop it into a dealer, but all they'll do is reset / reflash it, which won't actually tell me what's wrong. Might have to pay a visit to @DJAlix for a bit of detective work.

First thing I checked, but it's clean...

If the alarm doesn't clear I suppose I'll have to drop it into a dealer, but all they'll do is reset / reflash it, which won't actually tell me what's wrong. Might have to pay a visit to @DJAlix for a bit of detective work.
More then welcome to pop over fella, can try and get your visual parking display working also :)

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Reactions: GSB
Anything obstructing the camera/sensor on the windscreen? Maybe a stone chip or something??
Nope, and the Matrix headlights are still functional, so I can only imagine it's something with the radar...

Reactions: pburv
Has it come up since?
It hasn't ever gone away. The manual hints that it might be a fault of a 'temporary' nature, but it seems to have a dogged determination to persist. The lack of cruise control is annoying, and dangerous for my license!

3000 miles before a failure, a new record for me. Cheaper Japanese metal has done 20 times this mileage before needing anything other than a service.

It hasn't ever gone away. The manual hints that it might be a fault of a 'temporary' nature, but it seems to have a dogged determination to persist. The lack of cruise control is annoying, and dangerous for my license!

3000 miles before a failure, a new record for me. Cheaper Japanese metal has done 20 times this mileage before needing anything other than a service.
I'd fire into the stealer and ask them to look at it mate. You don't want a Skoda moment...

Grant, that is unsettling, but at least the car can be driven. In the not too distant future though, that car will come to a grinding halt due to the autonomous nanny's intervention stating "Huston we have a problem".
Mind you some pimply faced keyboard warrior will have hacked Audi's autonomous central computer system prior to that and had a field day of cars doing all sorts of civic disobedience and if the Russians hack it.....Trump's voice will state "All lies and not true" over the audio system as the car crashes into a migrant/immigration wall.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and GSB
Grant, that is unsettling, but at least the car can be driven. In the not too distant future though, that car will come to a grinding halt due to the autonomous nanny's intervention stating "Huston we have a problem".
Mind you some pimply faced keyboard warrior will have hacked Audi's autonomous central computer system prior to that and had a field day of cars doing all sorts of civic disobedience and if the Russians hack it.....Trump's voice will state "All lies and not true" over the audio system as the car crashes into a Mexican wall.

Fixed that for you :)

Reactions: pburv and GSB
Ah...I should have added for UK based cars only a Mrs May voice stating " a firm Brexit" and then driven over the Dover cliffs.

Reactions: pburv and Mark_86
Mind you some pimply faced keyboard warrior will have hacked Audi's autonomous central computer system prior to that and had a field day of cars doing all sorts of civic disobedience and if the Russians hack it.....Trump's voice will state "All lies and not true" over the audio system as the car crashes into a migrant/immigration wall.

If the Audi system starts quoting that floppy haired bafoon at me I'll drive the ****** thing into a wall!

It's not the sort of fault that stops play, but it is annoying. What's really annoying though is that my nearest dealer is Chingford Audi, a dealer who's previous performance when I tried to buy a car from them has not done a great deal to really endear itself to me.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Mark_86 and pburv
If the Audi system starts quoting that floppy haired bafoon at me I'll drive the ****** thing into a wall!

It's not the sort of fault that stops play, but it is annoying. What's really annoying though is that my nearest dealer is Chingford Audi, a dealer who's previous performance when I tried to buy a car from them has not done a great deal to really endear itself to me.
If you are thinking about Chingford Audi, head a little further out to the dealer I use... Hatfield Audi, or Whetstone Audi (same group). Over my years with Audi Hatfield have proved to be the best of a bad bunch. Can't wash cars for Shiz tho!

If you are thinking about Chingford Audi, head a little further out to the dealer I use... Hatfield Audi, or Whetstone Audi (same group). Over my years with Audi Hatfield have proved to be the best of a bad bunch. Can't wash cars for Shiz tho!
Cheers Alex, it's booked in at Whetstone, since they were able to get me in first, and anything North of Watford gives me a rash. There be dragons in them parts...

Still a month wait for a diagnostic appointment though, and they want it for two days...

Cheers Alex, it's booked in at Whetstone, since they were able to get me in first, and anything North of Watford gives me a rash. There be dragons in them parts...

Still a month wait for a diagnostic appointment though, and they want it for two days...
lol

Am gonna down your way on Sunday. Could stop by yours and scan your car if you want...

Reactions: GSB
I'll let you know Alex, but unlikely I'll be around.

Reactions: DJAlix
Not a problem fella. Will be in the area from approx 11 until 1'ish.
Thanks Alex. I'll give you a shout a little closer to the time. Much appreciated...

Reactions: DJAlix
Picked up the car from Whetstone Audi this afternoon. It's been a disappointing experience.

The booking went smoothly enough, and they sent out an online form with which to describe all the symptoms, so that the right skills, parts, etc can be arranged in advance.

I dropped it off first thing Wednesday, and received a facelift 1.4 SE Cabrio as a loan car. More on that in another thread.

After two days they diagnosed a faulty radar unit, exactly what I told them it was a month ago... Sadly, they hadn't ordered one, and even if they had one, couldn't calibrate it as they don't have the equipment. The car now has to go to Watford...

Didn't fix the ****** rattle from the soundaktor either, although on the plus side they didn't wash the car, something I'd asked them specifically not to do... Plus points for that, although it was easily the filthiest car in the lot, which was a bit embarrassing.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Picked up the car from Whetstone Audi this afternoon. It's been a disappointing experience.

The booking went smoothly enough, and they sent out an online form with which to describe all the symptoms, so that the right skills, parts, etc can be arranged in advance.

I dropped it off first thing Wednesday, and received a facelift 1.4 SE Cabrio as a loan car. More on that in another thread.

After two days they diagnosed a faulty radar unit, exactly what I told them it was a month ago... Sadly, they hadn't ordered one, and even if they had one, couldn't calibrate it as they don't have the equipment. The car now has to go to Watford...

Didn't fix the ****** rattle from the soundaktor either, although on the plus side they didn't wash the car, something I'd asked them specifically not to do... Plus points for that, although it was easily the filthiest car in the lot, which was a bit embarrassing.

Sorry to read that it's not sorted GSB.

Is the replacement radar a bumper off job or can it be done from the front ? Thinking that maybe due to the required mounting accuracy that it may actual mount to the crash beam ?

Sorry to read that it's not sorted GSB.

Is the replacement radar a bumper off job or can it be done from the front ? Thinking that maybe due to the required mounting accuracy that it may actual mount to the crash beam ?
No idea Rob, but I think it could probably be done from underneath.

After 2 months, my radar is finally fixed... I dropped off the car this morning, and was done by lunchtime. Sadly I had to go to Watford Audi, the nearest service centre that had the right equipment to calibrate a new radar sensor. Watford were pretty good, but still didn't address the rattles and noises I asked them to look at, disappointing considering the 2.5 hour round trip to get there.

Whetstone Audi were next to useless. Despite my telling them it was the radar system they never mentioned that they don't even have to tools to fix it until it had been in their workshop for two days. They were then meant to book the car into Watford for me (same group), but despite chasing them repeatedly, they never ever got back to me with a booking, and I had to do it myself.

Compared with the likes Mazda & Toyota, brands that don't pretend to offer a premium level service, the service and warranty experience with Audi sucks balls. Any issue with the Japanese brands and you can have your car seen in few days at most, the issue is resolved, and there's no fuss. Using audi has been like using an NHS GP. It's a 2 to 3 week wait for an appointment, and even then you only get half the job done or have to be referred to someone else who has another 2 to 3 week waiting list.

Reactions: AndrewB and Rob2k68
No idea Rob, but I think it could probably be done from underneath.

After 2 months, my radar is finally fixed... I dropped off the car this morning, and was done by lunchtime. Sadly I had to go to Watford Audi, the nearest service centre that had the right equipment to calibrate a new radar sensor. Watford were pretty good, but still didn't address the rattles and noises I asked them to look at, disappointing considering the 2.5 hour round trip to get there.

Whetstone Audi were next to useless. Despite my telling them it was the radar system they never mentioned that they don't even have to tools to fix it until it had been in their workshop for two days. They were then meant to book the car into Watford for me (same group), but despite chasing them repeatedly, they never ever got back to me with a booking, and I had to do it myself.

Compared with the likes Mazda & Toyota, brands that don't pretend to offer a premium level service, the service and warranty experience with Audi sucks balls. Any issue with the Japanese brands and you can have your car seen in few days at most, the issue is resolved, and there's no fuss. Using audi has been like using an NHS GP. It's a 2 to 3 week wait for an appointment, and even then you only get half the job done or have to be referred to someone else who has another 2 to 3 week waiting list.

Did you get it covered under warranty?