ACC not available

Tonye60

Reaction score
Every now and then, I get acc not available, sensors obstructed , check surrounding. Obviously I have checked the sensors and they are clean etc. The car is just over 3 years old and out of warranty. Any ideas pointers.

Ideally a diagnostics should show any previous faults logged which may point to the issue.

As its intermittent, could be a wiring or sensor issue.

Me too - had intermittent fault which can clear itself sometimes. Had it checked in dealers who see faults logged but could not pin it on anything. The usual story of let it develop but having driven 1,000 miles in the last 12 months that has been limited.

I’ve had it once since getting my car in Oct, slightly different message though saying that it was temporary disabled, and please refer to manual. I wiped the ball sensors on the bumper and it cleared, they were quite dirty from salt and grit kicked up off the road I think so maybe that impacted it?

Fingers crossed it was just that as it hasn’t happened since.

This can happen in poor driving conditions such as heavy rain, fog or even excessive road spray after rain , this would disable the system and would not log an event in the cars ECU

This can happen in poor driving conditions such as heavy rain, fog or even excessive road spray after rain , this would disable the system and would not log an event in the cars ECU
Yeah was just annoying as it disabled cruise control too, but hopefully just a one off. I’m guessing if it was a malfunction it wouldn’t say consult the owners manual.

It’s not weather related, it’s happened a few times over the years, but now it’s a almost 50% of the time

Hi 50% is high so if it was me I would take it too your local Audi centre as there should be an event stored relating to your issue if not maybe a sw update

I have a Karista dongle I bought, but I only used it to reset the service indicator, would this be of any help.