ACC and Braking guard not available :(

Reaction score
hi all , has anyone had this error in their dis “ACC and Braking Guard not available” ?
this happened after I got into the car the other night and the door latch wouldn’t catch and close the door , I tried a few times to shut it before realising what was happening , after flicking the latch to the closed position with the door open, the latch started working properly again and has done ever since , I done a scan the next day and got a door contact switch fault (shown below) surely if the micro switch was faulty the door warning lights and interior lights wouldn’t know when to turn on and off ? Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 15CA98AC-AB45-4A06-86F7-61D13AA16F0F.jpeg
    15CA98AC-AB45-4A06-86F7-61D13AA16F0F.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 307
The car has quite a few unexpected sensors that can trip the symptoms you’re seeing, door latch is one, as is bonnet and boot sensors along with suspension, camera and radar sensors!
Have you tried to clear the fault using VCDS and seeing if it returns?
Most driver assistance systems need the DTC codes to be cleared and reset in order to clear the fault symptoms.

John :hi:

Reactions: martinivw
The car has quite a few unexpected sensors that can trip the symptoms you’re seeing, door latch is one, as is bonnet and boot sensors along with suspension, camera and radar sensors!
Have you tried to clear the fault using VCDS and seeing if it returns?
Most driver assistance systems need the DTC codes to be cleared and reset in order to clear the fault symptoms.

John :hi:
All DTC’s cleared after each scan John with no joy , still showing faulty door switch, no error codes shown for other sensors

Last edited:
The door switches were a comment failure on the C6 only option was to replace the mechanism. The failure never cause issues with the interior lights etc, just made it impossible to open the door from the outside. The only error I remember on the C6 was a fault code on the controller of the relevant door.

The door switches were a comment failure on the C6 only option was to replace the mechanism. The failure never cause issues with the interior lights etc, just made it impossible to open the door from the outside. The only error I remember on the C6 was a fault
Frustrating as hell , everything on the door is working as it should , just the cruise control and braking guard that’s not

Its a common issue on numerous chassis tbh, A6, A3, some sharing lock part numbers, microswitches or the embedded circuits for them become faulty, generally lock swap is the fix, wd40 sometimes works but usually temp at best working the lock open, closed whilst spraying,

Its a common issue on numerous chassis tbh, A6, A3, some sharing lock part numbers, microswitches or the embedded circuits for them become faulty, generally lock swap is the fix, wd40 sometimes works but usually temp at best working the lock open, closed whilst spraying
Its a common issue on numerous chassis tbh, A6, A3, some sharing lock part numbers, microswitches or the embedded circuits for them become faulty, generally lock swap is the fix, wd40 sometimes works but usually temp at best working the lock open, closed whilst spraying,
new lock it is by the looks of it Nigel wd40 not worked , fingers crossed it sorts it , I’ll have a scan on eBay just now :) thanks buddy