ACC, acceleration a little sedate

Jerodequin

Reaction score
Hi All,

Am still loving the new car and have already had the cause to use ACC several times whilst in heavy start-stop traffic and in combination with the s-tronic, it's really made such driving a lot less tiring than my previous manual shift with standard CC.

One thing I would like to be able to change is the amount of acceleration ACC applies to get you up and running again, I wondered if changing drive select to dynamic might make a difference but it doesn't seem to.

I've found that when coming to a halt and the cars in front move off again, ACC accelerates much slower than I would myself, and noticeably slower than everything in front (i.e the cars in front always end up miles away before I'm back up to speed).

I don't think this is a problem with the distance setting as if I catch up with a car the distance setting does exactly what it's supposed to do... it's just the acceleration back up to speed that I'm a bit disappointed in...

Not looking for it to floor it, but would be nice if it was a little more enthusiastic about getting going again!

Is it just me?

In Individual Settings, you can change the ACC behaviour to "Dynamic" and this will make closing the gap more Audi-driver like.

Alternatively, you can pull and hold the CC lever towards you to accelerate quicker (applicable at any speed), or override it briefly using the throttle. Upon releasing either the lever or throttle, the ACC will revert to its normal behaviour.

Changing the distance to "1" will also help keep the gap tighter.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Challinor
Hah! Not sure I need it to be in full 'Audi Driver' mode, but I'll try it and see what happens :)

Good job there isn't a bmw mode it would be going everywhere at breakneck speed and distance 1 doesn't exist in bmw speak you're only too close when it's touching the rear bumper anything else is nothing

These sound like an awesome car, wonder if the Golf R has this?
Dave

Good job there isn't a bmw mode it would be going everywhere at breakneck speed and distance 1 doesn't exist in bmw speak you're only too close when it's touching the rear bumper anything else is nothing
and besides which BMW mode disables the indicators!

Distance warning flashing red on dashboard means BMW mode's been enabled ;)

Reactions: cemerson, andywil13 and veeeight
I have mine in Dynamic mode, but generally have just stopped bothering trying to babysit it and left it to do its own thing. It's not unacceptably slow, makes for a more relaxed drive and saves a bit of fuel too!