AC climate control

Reaction score
My AC climate control is normally left in the auto position, however, over the past couple of days I've noticed that the auto control has switched off without any intervention from me.

Has anyone else experienced this, or does it mean a trip to my dealer for investigation?

Pressing the auto button restores the auto function.

My aircon has a habit of switching on all on its own too.............. spooky?

On mine, it's just the Auto control that drops out, without altering any of the other functions....really weird!!

Had the air con light keep switching off on my 8P. Stone hole through the condenser - £600+ specially discounted price.

Are you or partner or lover using your second key?

That would account for different climate control settings with each key.

I find if I put a drinks bottle in the lefthand holder it sometimes knocks the Auto button as I put it in, and toggles it off. Has happened a few times now. Could be something simple like that?

I find if I put a drinks bottle in the lefthand holder it sometimes knocks the Auto button as I put it in, and toggles it off. Has happened a few times now. Could be something simple like that?

Nope, I only keep the Audi ashtray in the left hand holder, so that's not the problem....but thanks anyway!

You have 2 of those keys, right?

If you turn the ignition on/off with Key1 and the temps set to 19 22 and Auto Off

Then get into the car with Key2 and the temps set to 18 23 and Auto On

The next time you get in the car with Key1 it will recall 19 22 Auto Off

Reactions: lucas-suisse
Yes, I have two of these keys, but I never knew they had the ability to 'learn' my climate control settings.....so, many thanks for this info.

Well strictly speaking, the keys don't learn, it's the car convenience module that keeps track of which key is used and adjusts the HVAC module accordingly ;)

Reactions: Usman786
Well strictly speaking, the keys don't learn, it's the car convenience module that keeps track of which key is used and adjusts the HVAC module accordingly ;)

Thanks again, veeeight, however, I don't think my problem is linked to the keys, especially as I've never used the second key.