ABT wiring harness ??

S400 CYA

Reaction score
Replaced the springs on the S4 this weekend, when I took the scuttle off I found a ABT wiring harness going back into the ecu ?

Is this normal? I know my car has been fettled with in a past life as it produces a little more power and no 155 limiter

It looks just like this
Abt_aec.jpg

http://www.dtm-tuning.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_33_972_105_501&products_id=683

Last edited:
Never even heard of that before! maybe it was a early form of mapping for these cars?

thats what it looks like, I'm thinking its a piggy back ecu, but €4000 and it only produced 30bhp when they claim it could make as much as ~430, i think the previous owner had the wool pulled over his eyes

time to get it down to MRC i think and get it one properly

I'm amazed that you never noticed it before! Where is the ABT ECU located?

I think that ABT get away with the price because it can be removed leaving no evidence that the car has been modified, with the additional benefit that it is a 'proper' tune since it has a real 2nd ECU rather than the other piggy-back solution which simply taps into a few sensors in order to fool the ECU into increasing boost.

The solution has TUV approval so I don't believe it is a case that the previous owner was tricked. More likely there is a technical reason why it wasn't working properly on your car. MRC's health-check may help discover why.

I'm amazed that you never noticed it before! Where is the ABT ECU located?

I think that ABT get away with the price because it can be removed leaving no evidence that the car has been modified, with the additional benefit that it is a 'proper' tune since it has a real 2nd ECU rather than the other piggy-back solution which simply taps into a few sensors in order to fool the ECU into increasing boost.

The solution has TUV approval so I don't believe it is a case that the previous owner was tricked. More likely there is a technical reason why it wasn't working properly on your car. MRC's health-check may help discover why.

i knew the car had something done but i assumed it was some sort of generic map that any local garage does or a bluefin ect,

it is attached to the actual ecu behind the scuttle, i only found it by chance when changing the springs and it stood out like a sore thumb heres a couple of pictures
7C56503B-DA84-45C9-8CC8-50FCEBE2801D_zpsg8lpt9sn.jpg

F27028A2-2A1F-4D6C-B461-3D85376285F7_zps8naab2fw.jpg

i think the power ratings that ABT give are a little over estimated as after doing some digging some of the 3.0 TFSI S5 lads seem to be getting around 50bhp gain with it fitted, not the 100+ that ABT claim,

i will have to get my car booked in with them and find out, (i hope there is no technical issues with my car :coldsweat: just the box) i think i will end up removing it as I've got my heart set on there full stage 2 package and get this thing sold on, its a shame it doesn't give more power

There is also the possibility that the previous owner bought it used and it is not the correct one for your particular car. The ABT part numbering looks strange. That label shows A4/A5, but 8T2 refers to the A5, the A4 equivalent is 8K2.

There is also the possibility that the previous owner bought it used and it is not the correct one for your particular car. The ABT part numbering looks strange. That label shows A4/A5, but 8T2 refers to the A5, the A4 equivalent is 8K2.

Hmm that could be something but i was under the assumption the S4 and the S5 3.0 TFSI are pretty much the same car just in a different body, it may refer to the 8T2 so people do not get confused with the V8, your guess is as good as mine,

Yup, its just a guess based on ABT's website.