1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SQ5 ABT - thoughts?

Keef Oct 6, 2018

1. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S4

Just been browsing the used sales on the Audi website and stumbled across this ABT SQ5
    Judging by the price I guess it legit.
    I've often considered the SQ5 and recently test drove the newer model, like many others I don't like the exhausts or should say lack of. l like the ABT rear but cant help think its a bit X5 or Porsche looking?

I'm not buying but wondered what peoples thoughts are on this??

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...hp-all-wheel-drive-blue-1_GBR00198571460.htm#

q5man likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. neg

neg Active Member

You know what, I quite like that - doesn't look to over the top but enough to stand out from the crowd

I think I'm going bigger (more comfy) next and something like that wouldn't be too bad.

Keef likes this.
  4. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

I like it, but then a Q5 fan anyway. Proper exhausts too

Keef likes this.
  5. Dan_G

Dan_G Well-Known Member Team Navarra Audi S3 SQ5 owners group

It’s bloody expensive for what it is and doesn’t even have the tech pack so no google maps etc.

I do like the idea of real exhausts tho and bet it sounds good.

I’d buy the car you want and then talk to ABT about the rear changes.

I would imagine it’s had a power upgrade too. Which would make me nervous about any warranty claims etc

I know ABT say it’s all fine etc but....

6. mxnrg

mxnrg Well-Known Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi Q5 SQ5 owners group MQB Platform

I saw that on the approved used site as well, think I prefer the front end on the stock car, but the exhausts are nice. Since it's being sold by a dealer, I'd guess the warranty situation could be clarified.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

q5man likes this.
  7. isleaiw

isleaiw Member

Personally quite like the back but not the rest, but I like fact my SQ5 is discrete. As I can’t see the back the lack of exhausts doesn’t bother me...

q5man likes this.
  8. Rabie2412

Rabie2412 Active Member

Looks Nice, But think I Prefer My 2016 SQ5+ ,I would however like the New Dash Display in my Present Car. Normally ABT go more balls out, Maybe its been calmed down to Keep in with Audi GMBH and the Warranty .

9. Nextcar?

Nextcar? Guest

It's nice to have the exhausts but since I know what it should look like. Makes me think a little Halfords.

10. Rabie2412

Rabie2412 Active Member

Wouldn't be hard to Cut the square's where the Fake Exhausts are and Put some Halfords Tail Trims there as uve mentioned ...

11. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Active Member

I've had my SQ5 just over a week now & i like the fake exhaust. Much easier to keep clean after the chrome ones on my RS3. This is the way Audi are going,due to there being an electric version at some stage?. Straight from the Audi salesman.

q5man likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Rabie2412

Rabie2412 Active Member

Ave Add blue on my Euro6 Sq5+ and never had to clean or Polish the chrome tips, I do about 160k a year in my 16ltr Euro6 truck with Add Blue and the chrome exhaust never needs polished .. My petrol Rs5 and V6T Avant need polished up near every month .

q5man likes this.