ABt lowering springs

Reaction score
Hi All,
Has anyone fitted a set of ABt lowering springs to their S1 ? Just wondered what they’re like?
I want to lower the S1, and it appears that ABt springs lower the car by 30mm all round. Whereas the H&R springs are 20-25mm. Just don’t want to pay out big money for KW coil overs.
Many thanks

H&R are 25/30mm, Eibach are 20-25.

Abt lower by 30mm as you say. I was interested (see below), the feedback I've had suggests they may be a bit bouncy for our roads. Have no comparison as I have H&R ready to go on when I get round to it - have a look for pics, I think you'll like how they sit on the H&Rs but it will firm the ride quite a bit. Doesn't bother me!

If you don't want to pay out big money then you'll get a shock with the Abt springs. Richter Sport UK are sole importers. When I got a quote the springs were well over 300 quid and they quoted over 900 including fitting :D:D:D

H&R are 25/30mm, Eibach are 20-25.

Abt lower by 30mm as you say. I was interested (see below), the feedback I've had suggests they may be a bit bouncy for our roads. Have no comparison as I have H&R ready to go on when I get round to it - have a look for pics, I think you'll like how they sit on the H&Rs but it will firm the ride quite a bit. Doesn't bother me!

If you don't want to pay out big money then you'll get a shock with the Abt springs. Richter Sport UK are sole importers. When I got a quote the springs were well over 300 quid and they quoted over 900 including fitting :D:D:D
Hi,
Many thanks for the info. I was just after as much lowering as I could get from springs. I just didn’t want a gap above the tyre tread and arch. I’ll see if I can find some photos of S1’s with H&R springs and see what they look like.
Think ABt quoted me nearer £400 for the springs only

Hi,
Many thanks for the info. I was just after as much lowering as I could get from springs. I just didn’t want a gap above the tyre tread and arch. I’ll see if I can find some photos of S1’s with H&R springs and see what they look like.
Think ABt quoted me nearer £400 for the springs only
Thing is, just going super low on springs will make it ride like crap. If you want handling and low you need to go to coilies.
400 for just springs? lol well that's just stupid, they're made by Eibach to their spec so serious mark up.

This has H&R springs on (with wheel spacers) as an example

Thing is, just going super low on springs will make it ride like crap. If you want handling and low you need to go to coilies.
400 for just springs? lol well that's just stupid, they're made by Eibach to their spec so serious mark up.

This has H&R springs on (with wheel spacers) as an example
View attachment 258693
Hey many thanks for the photo.
Think I’ll go for a set of the H&R’s. The look is good without spending serious money on coil overs.
Do you happen to know what size spacers front and back people are using with the OEM 18” alloy wheels?
Many thanks for your help.
It’s much appreciated - this forum is good but a little quiet

Hey many thanks for the photo.
Think I’ll go for a set of the H&R’s. The look is good without spending serious money on coil overs.
Do you happen to know what size spacers front and back people are using with the OEM 18” alloy wheels?
Many thanks for your help.
It’s much appreciated - this forum is good but a little quiet
No worries, happy to help where I can.

I think people are running 8mm front and 12mm rears (each side). Some run more, depends how flush a look you're after. Not sure I'll bother tbh. If you're on factory profile tyres you won't need any when lowered but it will rub on H&Rs running 40 profile tyres.

Yeah it is good here but not much traffic. There's a few groups on Facebook that are busier.

No worries, happy to help where I can.

I think people are running 8mm front and 12mm rears (each side). Some run more, depends how flush a look you're after. Not sure I'll bother tbh. If you're on factory profile tyres you won't need any when lowered but it will rub on H&Rs running 40 profile tyres.

Yeah it is good here but not much traffic. There's a few groups on Facebook that are busier.
Thanks so much for your help. I’ve only recently bought the S1. It’s my daily driver and I just love it. Been driving a BMW E46 M3 CS for the last 15 years, but it’s value has increased loads so trying to reduce its use a bit. The M3 forum is really busy and was expecting the same here. What are the Facebook S1 groups? I’m trying to work out some moderate tuning options for the S1 too (about 350bhp) if possible, but I’ve never had a turbo charged car so lots to learn !!
Many thanks for your help

Thanks so much for your help. I’ve only recently bought the S1. It’s my daily driver and I just love it. Been driving a BMW E46 M3 CS for the last 15 years, but it’s value has increased loads so trying to reduce its use a bit. The M3 forum is really busy and was expecting the same here. What are the Facebook S1 groups? I’m trying to work out some moderate tuning options for the S1 too (about 350bhp) if possible, but I’ve never had a turbo charged car so lots to learn !!
Many thanks for your help
You're welcome. Nice, bet the Audi 4 cylinder noise is a bit of a disappointment compared with the M3 :D Don't get me wrong, I love the S1 but they sound frankly a bit crap compared to "proper" engines.

Stage 1 with say APR or Revo will see about 310 (will need a clutch though so budget for that). Stage 2 will see your target easily.

Two groups on FB: Audi S1 Owners Group and Audi S1 Tuning & Modification. Lots of knowledge on there (and some not so helpful as is the way) so you'll be sorted. There's people there who've trodden most paths so it's a good starting point.

You're welcome. Nice, bet the Audi 4 cylinder noise is a bit of a disappointment compared with the M3 :D Don't get me wrong, I love the S1 but they sound frankly a bit crap compared to "proper" engines.

Stage 1 with say APR or Revo will see about 310 (will need a clutch though so budget for that). Stage 2 will see your target easily.

Two groups on FB: Audi S1 Owners Group and Audi S1 Tuning & Modification. Lots of knowledge on there (and some not so helpful as is the way) so you'll be sorted. There's people there who've trodden most paths so it's a good starting point.
Lovely - many thanks
It’s just finding a decent tuning company that can do all of the work without driving the length of the country.
I’m in the South East near Dartford.
Time to do some reading/research