ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Fault. Do I need to change bearing too?

Reaction score
my ABS/ESP. currently has warning lights constantly and VCDs says

ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Rear Right (G44): Electrical Fault in Circuit

On the A4 avant B7 2006 am I likely to need to replace the bearing too as some research suggests they have an ABS sensor ring on the back of the bearing. Or is that not the case with this model?

Thanks!

Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue and going to try tackle it at the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue and going to try tackle it at the weekend.

Yes and no....

First I got a new sensor, plugged it in without installing it ( connector is hidden to the side of rear seat).
Error went away straight away.

Then I went to fit it. Unfortunately the m5 Allen bolt holding the sensor in was seized.

Tried penetrating oil, shocking it and cold spray. Gave it a turn and the head sheared off the bolt :(

Tried drilling it out in situ with a right angle drill but can barely make a dent in the remainder of the bolt.

I’ve given in and gonna have to get a garage to take off the hub and drill it out

Yes and no....

First I got a new sensor, plugged it in without installing it ( connector is hidden to the side of rear seat).
Error went away straight away.

Then I went to fit it. Unfortunately the m5 Allen bolt holding the sensor in was seized.

Tried penetrating oil, shocking it and cold spray. Gave it a turn and the head sheared off the bolt :(

Tried drilling it out in situ with a right angle drill but can barely make a dent in the remainder of the bolt.

I’ve given in and gonna have to get a garage to take off the hub and drill it out
Nothing is ever simple is it? Hope you get it sorted. Did you get an Audi part or a different one? What did it cost? Was going to give Audi a call in at some point this week to order one.