ABS Warning light

macca666

Reaction score
Guys,

Over the past couple of weeks my orange ABS warning light along with the main red Brake warning light is coming on intermittently. My brakes are still working fine thankfully.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern between speeds, journey times, distances etc. think its just got a mind of its own.

I've searched the forums and Sensors/modules appear to be the most common problem.

Took it to my local garage and the error code showing I'm told is an instrument panel error.

They advised contacting a dealer in relation to this (which from reading the posts it appears to be a dealer fit.) to renew the instrument panel.

Has anyone else came across this before as it seems strange to me. (especially as there are no other posts in the forum with a similar problem)There is no other faults with the motor/instrument panel and everything else appears fine.

Its a 2000 1.8T QS now with 106k on the clock.

Cheers.

Got the same problem, same dash lights too, had this fault code come up, prob the same as yours,

01203 - Electrical Connection between ABS and Instrument Cluster
03-10 - No Signal - Intermittent

Contacted this place asking about it,

www.ecu-testing.com

They said it's a fault with the ABS module on the side of the ABS pump, common problem, removed it at the weeknend and sent of to em for testing then resoldering, £100 and back with me in 3 days, give em a call to clarify 1st before you go replacing your instruments and wasting your money, bit of a misleading fault code so I understand your confusion, I was exactly the same, hope this helps.

Also have a look here,

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44825

Hi there i too had this problem and after reading posts on here about it i resolved the prob myself last night. I contacted the company who repairs these abs modules and they told me to take the old one off and send it to them registered mail and they would fix it £100 Plus vat. After i took mine off i decided to see a local audi breakers and took my old one with me to compair with one they might have as there is lots of differant ones. They matched mine with one that came off a 2000 model vw passat v6. bought it only £50 took it home fitted it, all ok now problem solved and saved over £50 if i sent it to that company. RESULT.
If you need the number for that company that repairs them its 0115 9190770 they are in ilkeston Derbyshire.
Also point of note it is ok to drive the car without this module on the car, breaks work ok but no abs thats all.
Hope i might of been helpfull to you.
THIS FORUM IS AN EXELLENT SOURCE OF INFO, BIG THANKS TO THE ADMINISTRATERS.:hubbahubba:

Well the address i put up, ecu-testing.co.uk, is the place in ilkeston, have to say highly recommended, sent the module monday lunchtime, got a ring today, tuesday, and it's done and will be back with me tommorrow, how's that for a good service! Maybe a few quid more than searching the scrap yards but a damn sight less hassle and risky, as it's a common fault the last thing you wanna do is rebuild it all with another unit and end up with the same problem. Well worth it i.m.o.

Think I will put mine in with them for a fixing.

Same error as the original poster and as said by a few, its not a cluster problem its the ABS ECU is knackered.
Great thing is that you can take the ECU off and still drive the car around - obviously without ABS but you already have none due to the thing being broken.
Stapo - thanks for the positive feedback on Ecu-Testing.COM, sound like a good company to deal with.