Abs/traction control fault

Ben shults

Reaction score
Audi s3 2009,

If I accelerate/launch the car and the wheels spin I get the dash lit up like a Christmas tree abs fault brake failure etc, or if I go into a corner too fast and traction control kicks in I also get it! Anyone had similar issue or can help me with the issue when I read the code I get:- attached pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    989.3 KB · Views: 336
Turn the car off and on again the lights go out

I have this too - happened about 5 times over that last few months so far. What I and the mechanic suspect is a fault with the ABS Module, which is quite pricey to resolve and seems to be relatively common. I think a repair kit alone costs in the region of £700. I've been living with this so far, but an unprovoked spin-out on a round-about a month ago pushed it up my priory list somewhat as I suspect that it may be related.

This thread prompted a bit more searching on my part and these guys seem to know what they are talking about - http://www.ecutesting.com/

I'll give them a call about their re-manufactured units and see if they have experience with this particular error.

A little update on this - spoke to Ben at ECUTesting and he said that the best thing to do is to first check the ABS fuse that is near the battery. These can crack, not burn out, so can result in intermittent errors with power supply to the pump. If that is fine, the next step would be to check the wiring to the ABS pump and clean all of the connectors.

The last option would be to take the ABS pump out and send it to them for testing. They don't stock my particular pump so can't offer a trade-in at £200, but they can rebuild them and offer good warranty on the part afterwards (I think it's lifetime). If it comes to this, I may end up buying a new pump and replacing it, then will send my pump to them and have it repaired before selling to recover some money.

Given the the errors in question he said that it is more likely to be a wiring issue as my car year is outside of the problem year range 2004-2008 and the part number I have on my car (1K0907379AE) is not known to be a problematic one.

See I have 2008 car but 2009 model year so it's a facelift! How can I find part number?

Check if there's a strip fuse for the ABS on the front of the engine bay fuse box, inspect it closely.
Common but relatively unkown problem on other VAG range models, so could be present on an A3, they develop a hairline crack across the middle, can throw up multiple ABS fault codes.

Reactions: leshkin
Check if there's a strip fuse for the ABS on the front of the engine bay fuse box, inspect it closely.
Common but relatively unkown problem on other VAG range models, so could be present on an A3, they develop a hairline crack across the middle, can throw up multiple ABS fault codes.
Yes, that sounds like exactly what ECUTesting told me and should be the first item to check. I might get in there this weekend and have a look.

So had a browse at the fuse box any idea what fuse it is?

I'd say it''l be on of the three on the left side, but check them all, only takes a few minutes to unbolt and look. Disconnect the battery first though.