1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Abs stability control faulty sensor

DanBastow Aug 30, 2018

1. DanBastow

DanBastow Registered User

Ive got a problem with one of my abs speed sensors and i dont know which one. I have a small hand held diagnostic tool and it dosent show any problens even when its had all the lights on the dashboard. Im wondering if my mates vcd (the fancy laptop if i had the wrong name) would tell me which ones faulty or would i have to get it showing the speed from the sensors

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Matt268uk

Matt268uk A3 Sportback VCDS Map User

If you’re thinking of vcds then yes it’ll tell you which one if if has the fault logged.

4. DanBastow

That is the tool i was thinking of. So he should be able to scan and tell me which one needs changing

5. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Best have a look through youtube to ( ross-tech ) to understand fault codes once found google ( ross-tech ) to get an understanding off Vcd's and Fan**y ur Uncle :thumbs up:

6. DanBastow

Ive had it tested and it came back with a rear right mechanical problem. Ive brought a new hub and sensor getting the spline bits i need to fit everything but im not sure if i need a wind back tool for the calipers

7. aqibi2000

aqibi2000 Registered User

Rears do require pushing in and turning

The wing back Tool kit is super helpful I use it ofwr but if you're only ever doing the one then you can improvise or buy a cheap wind back socket adapter