AB's Sophisto Grey MY20 G01 BMW X3 M40i

For anyone in the central belt of Scotland or even further afield, my experience of Stirling BMW for the initial cancelled order has been appalling. I suggest avoiding them like the plague.
Long story short their Business Manager got a bit obnoxious with me when I asked for my deposit back, implying they were entitled to keep it (yeah right!). So, after many calls and emails I collated all the details and threatened legal action, credit card dispute, raising it with BMW UK, and to pay them a visit. They eventually refunded it the other day and were full of apologies.
The dealership in Edinburgh couldn’t have been better all through the process and have confirmed my car will arrive early next week. I’ll leave collection until the weekend though. Much prefer a daylight collection followed by a drive to somewhere nice.
After that, retro fitting of a tow bar and a dash cam at the relevant time.
Pics to follow........

Reactions: Pinky1959, Bristle Hound, NevMan and 1 other person
For anyone in the central belt of Scotland or even further afield, my experience of Stirling BMW for the initial cancelled order has been appalling. I suggest avoiding them like the plague.
Long story short their Business Manager got a bit obnoxious with me when I asked for my deposit back, implying they were entitled to keep it (yeah right!). So, after many calls and emails I collated all the details and threatened legal action, credit card dispute, raising it with BMW UK, and to pay them a visit. They eventually refunded it the other day and were full of apologies.
The dealership in Edinburgh couldn’t have been better all through the process and have confirmed my car will arrive early next week. I’ll leave collection until the weekend though. Much prefer a daylight collection followed by a drive to somewhere nice.
After that, retro fitting of a tow bar and a dash cam at the relevant time.
Pics to follow........

What a joke, u pay deposit and they sell the car and expect to keep deposit! .

But you already know my opinion of them anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959 and Audi Bairn
I hope you do raise this with BMW and see what they reply with , The service you received is totally rubbish.
Is Stirling BMW not where Jassy's son works ?

What a joke, u pay deposit and they sell the car and expect to keep deposit! .

But you already know my opinion of them anyway

I do mate, and you and I are like minded on that one :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and BarryG79
I hope you do raise this with BMW and see what they reply with , The service you received is totally rubbish.
Is Stirling BMW not where Jassy's son works ?
I thought it was Glasgow but might be wrong?
Once I’d contacted their top man he did get it sorted quickly but the damage was done long before that.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan, BarryG79 and 1 other person
I thought it was Glasgow but might be wrong?
Once I’d contacted their top man he did get it sorted quickly but the damage was done long before that.
Having read a recent post on another thread @Pinky1959 i think you are correct and I was wrong, that it might be Stirling after all, apologies :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan
Don't apologise , I remember him working at Audi Glasgow and moving to BMW. And @Jassy getting some lovely demo cars to drive .

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Don't apologise , I remember him working at Audi Glasgow and moving to BMW. And @Jassy getting some lovely demo cars to drive .
Yeah, exactly that. Maybe if he’d have been the salesman I dealt with things might’ve been different. Although my sales guy wasn’t the main issue, it was their Business Manager - hope, for his sake I don’t bump into him in the future.

Reactions: NevMan, Pinky1959 and Bristle Hound
Well have you collected the BEAST yet ? Or waiting till Saturday ?

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn
Well have you collected the BEAST yet ? Or waiting till Saturday ?
Long story, after a bit of chopping and changing plans, I’m now collecting at lunchtime tomorrow mate

Reactions: Pinky1959, BarryG79, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Today is the day Brian.....woohoo

I’m at an annual company seminar type thing at a nice country hotel this morning and all I can think about is noon collection haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: BarryG79 and NevMan
I’m at an annual company seminar type thing at a nice country hotel this morning and all I can think about is noon collection haha

So translated to a jolly

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Goner, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
So translated to a jolly

Exactly! :tearsofjoy:
My timetable today:
Get a lie-in until 7:30am
Leave at 8:20am
“Seminar” 10:00 to 11:30
Garage 11:45 to 1:20
Lunch (Tesco as I’m skint now)
Back to office 1:50 to 3:00
Home by 3:30

The upshot.......... hee haw work done today, but who cares :whistle2:

Reactions: NevMan, Bristle Hound and BarryG79
Exactly! :tearsofjoy:
My timetable today:
Get a lie-in until 7:30am
Leave at 8:20am
“Seminar” 10:00 to 11:30
Garage 11:45 to 1:20
Lunch (Tesco as I’m skint now)
Back to office 1:50 to 3:00
Home by 3:30

The upshot.......... hee haw work done today, but who cares :whistle2:

Where’s the pictures though!?!

Reactions: NevMan, Pinky1959 and Audi Bairn
Here’s some (not great quality) pics, before it gets too dirty!
1a95885393bf93f2bc27d9b8855f8bac.plist
df7eac238729ac12ba6be119692b67b6.jpg
d2e1d142ab4e0e523ca844733717dba9.jpg
2183fbe5627d395dc091b89e83308c9a.plist
0d2f2a06c829c6f8427fbdf088fe3b58.plist
6f33157385752f843cff14e2f3c43875.plist
a0d54a520af93f0369ef0cd0382ed4b8.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, Pinky1959 and 3 others
Very nice Brian, especially loving the borstal back drop

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
haha, just a tease :whip:

You can’t whack a good jolly especially on new car day, I’ve had a few of them myself.. they don’t come around as often as I’d like though!

That is STUNNING .
I really like the X3 now and if I ever change my Tiguan I will have 1 .

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
Here’s some (not great quality) pics, before it gets too dirty!
1a95885393bf93f2bc27d9b8855f8bac.plist
df7eac238729ac12ba6be119692b67b6.jpg
d2e1d142ab4e0e523ca844733717dba9.jpg
2183fbe5627d395dc091b89e83308c9a.plist
0d2f2a06c829c6f8427fbdf088fe3b58.plist
6f33157385752f843cff14e2f3c43875.plist
a0d54a520af93f0369ef0cd0382ed4b8.jpg

AWESOME @Audi Bairn, probably my favourite colour (after Carbon Black). Time to change your username to BM Bairn on here

A couple more now that I’ve checked it fits in the garage
b9a8cdb80f637adef19263b05d71dae0.jpg
ded0e1c7797957f6bd79f0c3c8761ed9.jpg
c8ab408c9978a6f3e8008bdb188ba833.plist
71d57a231d32b499ca2ed1b94e99bbce.plist

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, Pinky1959 and 2 others
AWESOME @Audi Bairn, probably my favourite colour (after Carbon Black). Time to change your username to BM Bairn on here
Cheers mate! :thumbs up:

If I change to BM Bairn and a propeller babe for the avatar, I’ll get run out of town :grimacing:

Reactions: NevMan
Funny how your prefer the blue too on the ambient lighting ;) :D

sViFiRZl.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, Pinky1959 and 2 others
Hi AB,
What a surprise on my first visit on here for several months to find that AudiBairn has morphed into BmwBairn :fearscream:.
Your new car looks fabulous, congratulations!

I've been in a M140i since March after an unsuccessful 8 months in an X1, a car that I just couldn't take to as I found it boring to drive and regretted changing the S3 which certainly isn't the case with the M140i. (340bhp and rear wheel drive only :flushed::tearsofjoy:)

Your new car shares the same engine and gearbox as mine and they really are excellent and the real stand outs on the car. The 3 litre straight 6 is an absolute peach, you will love it and the 8 speed ZF box is also very smooth, more so than the S3's.

I actually went the opposite way to you with dealers, buying the X1 from Edinburgh and the M140i from Stirling, my big problem was with BMW in Perth.

Good luck with the new car

Reactions: NevMan, Pinky1959, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Hi AB,
What a surprise on my first visit on here for several months to find that AudiBairn has morphed into BmwBairn :fearscream:.
Your new car looks fabulous, congratulations!

I've been in a M140i since March after an unsuccessful 8 months in an X1, a car that I just couldn't take to as I found it boring to drive and regretted changing the S3 which certainly isn't the case with the M140i. (340bhp and rear wheel drive only :flushed::tearsofjoy:)

Your new car shares the same engine and gearbox as mine and they really are excellent and the real stand outs on the car. The 3 litre straight 6 is an absolute peach, you will love it and the 8 speed ZF box is also very smooth, more so than the S3's.

I actually went the opposite way to you with dealers, buying the X1 from Edinburgh and the M140i from Stirling, my big problem was with BMW in Perth.

Good luck with the new car
Thanks Bill :thumbs up:
I’m over the moon with it and the engine noise just adds to that, it’s immense.
Didn’t realise you’d changed yours too. Bet the M140i shifts and sounds fabulous.
I was looking out for your S3 as we were in Oban the last week in October (staying at Benderloch) but I guess it had gone by then. last time I saw your S3 was when we were in Crieff and you happened to be passing through.
Grassicks in Perth used to be good too, but I suppose they all have their moments.
Post some pics of the new motor on a thread if you get a chance.
All the best

Reactions: NevMan and BigBill
Thanks Bill :thumbs up:
I’m over the moon with it and the engine noise just adds to that, it’s immense.
Didn’t realise you’d changed yours too. Bet the M140i shifts and sounds fabulous.
I was looking out for your S3 as we were in Oban the last week in October (staying at Benderloch) but I guess it had gone by then. last time I saw your S3 was when we were in Crieff and you happened to be passing through.
Grassicks in Perth used to be good too, but I suppose they all have their moments.
Post some pics of the new motor on a thread if you get a chance.
All the best

The M140i goes like sh#t off a shovel :tearsofjoy: however I did have to make an emergency visit to a tyre fitters a few weeks ago for a set of winters after encountering my first hail shower in it!! After years of fwd and 4wd cars you forget how 'sensitive' rwd can be in bad weather, especially with so much power - I've yet to encounter snow so that should be another adventure, even with winters on.
I'm afraid it seems to be pot luck now when visiting car dealers, I really wonder how some of them are still in business with the appalling levels of customer service on offer in many places.
You must send me a message on here the next time you are heading up this way. I would love to have a look at your new motor, it may just be next on my shopping list when the time comes to change
Cheers

The new generation BMW interiors are bang on, nothing in the current Audi range comes close IMO.

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
Hi Bill.Great to see you back on here and well done on getting the car .I bet it can shift (up to speed limit though ! !
I will look out for you at rallies this year somewhere if you still go !

How was the handover ? Big reveal inside ,or here are the keys the cars sitting over there ?

How was the handover ? Big reveal inside ,or here are the keys the cars sitting over there ?
It was somewhere in between. Their handover bay is in the showroom not separated by partitions.
So it was there just inside glass doors. There was no grand unveiling from under a cover etc.
But it was fine for me. When we sat in it for familiarisation he got me to start it up so the noise in the showroom, despite it being a big one, was amazing haha!

Reactions: BigBill, BarryG79, NevMan and 1 other person
Good choice sir :thumbs up:

The orange was ok but I’m surprised there ain’t red

There is red, but need BimmerCode:

2ba29ed15a84079bc1f8f8ef33abf625.jpg

940bd56536f1d4e858624e98376874c8.jpg
694d8e75814bbb138afa7e6cb512f085.jpg

Probably going to try the swap of the red and blue (blue in top)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
There is red, but need BimmerCode:

2ba29ed15a84079bc1f8f8ef33abf625.jpg

940bd56536f1d4e858624e98376874c8.jpg
694d8e75814bbb138afa7e6cb512f085.jpg

Probably going to try the swap of the red and blue (blue in top)
You’d have thought red would’ve been one of the basic colours rather than the likes bleedin’ Lilac :blink: