ABS pump removal

thorsy22

Reaction score
I need to remove my ABS pump to remove my ABS controller, whats the best way to do this? Do I need any special tools?

remove your air box undo the brake lines un clip the wires and there should be 3 10mm bolts on top of the pump is a easy job to do if its the same as the a3

Yep stripped the airbox off already and there is indeed 3 bolts on top. Do I need to drain the brake fluid out so it doesn't leak everywhere? If so whats the best way to do this?

Cheers

i just undone my break lines, once fitted the new one then re blead through the servo then the breaks

not a lot but make sure you got a full bottle of fluid to top up

Will do but just a bit worried of losing too much fluid as need it off to tak the controller off the bottom and not to swap another pump unit but shouldnt be off too long. Want to change brake lines whilst I'm at it too.
Probably get some cheap halfords stuff to flush then go motul600 or castrol srf

Will do but just a bit worried of losing too much fluid as need it off to tak the controller off the bottom and not to swap another pump unit but shouldnt be off too long. Want to change brake lines whilst I'm at it too.
Probably get some cheap halfords stuff to flush then go motul600 or castrol srf

dont know if its true but in been told to use only audi fluid if your changing the lines you will prob need a lot of fluid

Sorry ment hoses to goodridge ones. Didnt think it was that dependant on brake fluid. I think its the steering fluid that is reccommended to use only Audi fluid.