ABS pump? mk5 golf 1.9 tdi vag disable

n3ldv

Reaction score
hi I have been told you can disable the abs pump threw vag which would then stop it flagging up got it on my dads car [esp light] wanting to turn the light of short term until we get the new pump fitted any help on telling me where to find it would be great

I have never come across that feature, and I would be suprised if it existed as the ESP and ABS are important safety features on the car, So why would you want to turn them off or hide the fact that they have failed.

I have never come across that feature, and I would be suprised if it existed as the ESP and ABS are important safety features on the car, So why would you want to turn them off or hide the fact that they have failed.

Some cars don't have abs, There's a sensor in the pump that goes faulty but the abs still works my dads old skool and gives me grief about the light so would like to turn it of till I get it fixed as when the lights on e gets annoyed

I suspect it's possibly the G201 sensor thats faulty, fairly common on that version of the Bosch ABS system

http://www.andrewhope.co.uk/automotive/techdocs/g201_brake_sensor_repair.html.

I am aware that some cars don't have ABS, But not any modern cars. My first car a 1967 Viva had drum brakes all round with crossply tyres so you could say I was old school as well and like your dad it would annoy me that the light was on the dash so I would be fixing it ASAP.
I would say again that I would be very surprised if there was some way of disabling the warning with VCDS as it's a safety issue that's why the light is on the car is telling you something is wrong and you should fix it.
The G201 sensor tells the ABS module about the brake pressure applied and without it the module cannot do it's job correctly. It doesn't stop the brakes working though.
I used to pull the fuse on the ABS module on my Cavalier SRI when it was snowing or really icey as the first generation units were not as good as todays, basically it wouldn't slow at all, it just didn't apply any braking effort and you were better off without it.That isn't the case with the more modern systems though.

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps