ABS not working but no abs light on the dash!!!!

tak1986

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just fitted brembo junior caliper with Ferodo DS2500 pads, the
front wheels get lock up when I brake really hard and no ABS kicks in.DS2500
pads is a bit thick that it touches the disc when moving and making squeaky
noises but not when I am braking.

This DS2500 brake pad did not have
hole for the pad sensor. so the garage disconnected it by connecting the + to -.

I had previously the pagid pads on this BBK for
a few days no squeaky issue or skidding. Or I jus did not try hard enough.

No lights on my dash board, esp
still works.

what would be the causes of skidding? I did try brake hard
from 30 mph to stop it skided in straigh line with the front wheels lock up
only. I scanned the car with svagcom, no fault code found.

Cheers

I would say its due to the sensor not being in place, try putting the old ones back on along with the sensor and see what happens, also when stationary and applying the breaks are the pads releasing quickly?

The sensor is for pad wear detection and it will show on the dash board if its too low. I can try but I cant really get my head around the link in between.
Brakes release as normal on stationary.

the pad sensor wont have an effect on the abs. Might be due to your now uprated brakes. I've heard the ds2500 pads do squeal a tad. does the light for the abs light up initially when the ignition is turned on? if no then check the fuse maybe.

ABS do comes up then go off . checked the fuse, it is ok. I am just thinking if it could be the pads being too thick leaving no gap in between. ABS has no room to release the piston. I notice a lot of ppl run similar or bigger set up here and have no issues with ABS.
I am just running out of ideas....

ABS do comes up then go off . checked the fuse, it is ok. I am just thinking if it could be the pads being too thick leaving no gap in between. ABS has no room to release the piston.&nbsp; I notice a lot of ppl run similar or bigger set up here and have no issues with ABS. <br>I am just running out of ideas....

ABS do comes up then go off . checked the fuse, it is ok. I am just thinking if it could be the pads being too thick leaving no gap in between. ABS has no room to release the piston.&nbsp; I notice a lot of ppl run similar or bigger set up here and have no issues with ABS. <br>I am just running out of ideas....
my brakes don't feel the same either since I fitted brembo juniors at first it threw a code off brake pressure release if I remember I haven't actually tested abs properly ill try it tmorrow and let you know if mine works or skids!did you use your brake lines as they are not big enough on a full lock?

Just a thought... Did you put the pads in the right way round??

if that was the case then the brakes would be binding constantly and they more than likely wouldn't of been able to fit the pads in the first place. Also take it easy on the new brakes as they need bedding in with harsh braking kept to a minimum or you will glaze over the pads.

my brakes don't feel the same either since I fitted brembo juniors at first it threw a code off brake pressure release if I remember I haven't actually tested abs properly ill try it tmorrow and let you know if mine works or skids!did you use your brake lines as they are not big enough on a full lock?

I didnt test the ABS on purpose tbh. I guess if you havent notice any skidding by now, urs should be fine. I only found when some1 cut across the lane had to brake hard. Its just to easy skid even from 30mph to stop if I hold my foot down. Usually when it kicks in, u hv a vibration at th pedal. I have braided hose, full lock no issue .

I guess its quite hard to fit it wrong and manage to fit them in. Its only one way that the pad can go in which the rod can go through the hole to hold it in place unless there is another way fitting it in.

I think I have been braking too hard as I had to test the ABS, not good for the pads.......

I didnt test the ABS on purpose tbh. I guess if you havent notice any skidding by now, urs should be fine. I only found when some1 cut across the lane had to brake hard. Its just to easy skid even from 30mph to stop if I hold my foot down. Usually when it kicks in, u hv a vibration at th pedal. I have braided hose, full lock no issue .

I guess its quite hard to fit it wrong and manage to fit them in. Its only one way that the pad can go in which the rod can go through the hole to hold it in place unless there is another way fitting it in.

I think I have been braking too hard as I had to test the ABS, not good for the pads.......
Can't we recode abs for bigger wheels I wonder what the coding difference is between lcr abs unit and the s3 abs unit??? Anybody know??

I changed the pad, it still skids. ABS sensor looks alright.