****** abs modules!

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
my module went tits up as they seem to on facelift b5's so i got a module from an a6 from a breakers.put it on and it threw a code for front right abs sensor so changed it and now cant communicate with module so its dud as well and the sensor was probably ok in the first place.i had a go at fixing the original module and got rid of the flashing warning but the abs light was still on.im now thinking that it was maybe fixed and just needed the code cleared.im going to put the original one back on and clear any codes and see what happens.pain in the ****.anybody know if you can check the module while it is off the car?

I think you need some sort of test-bed / bench... so no. I'm replaceing mine as I've got a 65535 error code, not sure if a replacement will do the job so I may have a spare to pass on.

i could do with one to see if it helps comunication with mine too this is my second already maybe we could have a post around ie try it on and if it works pay for it otherwise send on to the next member etc. just a thought. Same goes for vag com maybe someone could do a mail order rental for a fee?

today the light went out for a bit but as soon as i touched the brakes the abs kicked in so i had hardly any brakes.the light came on again and no abs but at least i could stop.