ABS Module Failes - 1.8TQS 0 273 004 284

Mr K

Reaction score
After the occasional ABS light flickering over the past few months, its now totally failed and is on for good.

BBA Reman have said the module is not repairable, therefore I am on the hunt for a module Part No. 0 273 004 284

Does anyone have one / know of a car being broken with this module?

I wasnt able to communicate with the module with my laptop or code reader, so I dont know what the softcode was. Will this cause an issue if I plug another in?

Thanks in advance.

My ABS warning light is coming on more and more often now :(

I'll be scanning it tonight, only just managed to get my vcds lead off my mate.

I'll be following this thread with interest! :thumbsup:

What is the part number on the module Scott? There appears to be a few used on B5s.

I'm still on the hunt for an ABS Module.

Ive noticed that on most with the same 0 273 004 284 part no. there is another number next to it which seems to vary from module to module. Does this matter, so long as the main part number is correct? Bottom left of this picture.

Ok

For a quattro without ESP you need a *pump* with part number 8E0 614 111 A or 8E0 614 111 E

8E0998375 appears to be the part number for the "pump repair kit" from Audi that corresponds to those 111A and 111E pumps.

This guide gives you some conversion between Audi part numbers and the Bosch number:

1996-2001 Audi & Volkswagen (VW) Bosch 5.3 ABS Pumps Commonly Failing

So it seems like you need controller 0 273 004 284 as you've suggested, or a complete pump with either of the vag numbers above, or their corresponding bosch numbers.

Also: i suspect the number in the bottom left that you query is the serial number for the module! So yes, it will differ!

Sorry to bring back an old post

Having communication and dash lights with my abs.

My pump part number is 8E0 614 111 A
Have yet to confirm the module part number. But am I correct in saying. I just need to match the module part number and replace that instead of the hole abs pump unit?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk