ABS Light

xeningti

Reaction score
Hey folks i need a quick bit of advice i posted earlier in the year about me looking for a B6 quattro...

well today i went to view one as i am looking to buy next week! and can i say what abeautiful motor!

its a 3.0 V6 Quattro 2003 with only 89000 miles on the clock

i went to view the car and apart from a faulty glove box hinge the guy selling it told me it had been sitting a while and the brake had stuck a little "as it does" but after releasing the hand break the ABS light stayed on and then went out after about 10 minuits into the drive....

Should i be worried? the car stops ok! and it drives sweet as a nut not knocks or bangs everything is smooth and silky

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

If the light went out (and I assume it stayed out?) then it's probably a sensor issue. I wouldn't worry too much.

If the light went out (and I assume it stayed out?) then it's probably a sensor issue. I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks mate yeah as far as i could tell it was just a quick 20 min test drive but apparently its happened each time the car is turned on after the handbrake he been applied we tested it a few times with the handbrake on and the light did indeed come on after switching the ignition on, he has been leaving it in gear the other times but i live on a hill and would need to use the handbrake! so i just hope it's nothing sinister!

Remember, if the light doesn't go out immediately during an MOT(irrespective of why), it will fail.

It sounds like the handbrake switch is sticky.

thats what im worried about do you guys happen to know of any fixes or anything it might be at all im trying to pinpoint before mot p.s im buying the car hahahaha its to sexy not to buy!