ABS Fault

:: blade ::

Reaction score
Hi got some faults with my car. Been reading up that it could be an earth issue causeing the faults but not sure. Seemed to have popped up around a month after having mt gearbox swapped. I thought it was down to a faulty abs sensor frome having a seized rear caliper which i have changed. Had the sensors checked and all are working fine on vcds. This is what is popping up now after clearing. Hope you can help.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201216-151734_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20201216-151734_Word.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20201216-151752_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20201216-151752_Word.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20201216-151802_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20201216-151802_Word.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 91
on top of the battery there is a fuse box with 3 30 amp fuses, the inner fuse controls the cooling fans from what i can remember and the middle and outer fuse are linked to the abs system, sometimes just removing and reseating the fuses will solve the abs warning light issue

Found out i have a dodgy abs module. I have a replacement. How easy is it to fit without removing the pump? Anyone done it that way? Also will it need to be coded in once fitted or will it be ok seeing as i got the same part number.

Hi bud,

I had the same issue about 18 months ago.

When I looked to do this at home, there wasn’t the clearance underneath the abs pump to pull the module off. There are long metal sensors which draw out from the module and they are very delicate. You can’t drop the module down far enough to clear these.
In the end I bought a used pump and module and had it fitted at my friends workshop as you need to do a full pump bleed. It will need to be coded but it was a simple process if you or the workshop have vcds.

I actually plugged my replacement module module in to the car at home and coded it before the car went to the workshop to save them a bit of time. It was then just a case of running through the basic settings and brake bleed.

One last thing to check is the earth points under the battery area. These can corrode. Give them a good clean. I have seen some people also recommend taking the plastic collars off that sit around these points as well.
It’ll make sense when you have a look.
Hope this helps

Cheers for the reply. Checked all earth points in engine bay and thry are fine. Ive had the pump and module changed. Off a car without issues. But it still pops up. Will get it bled again and coded when i get chance. Got the same part number for the pump and module as my car too. Only earth point i have found that is broke is the haldex earth strap so will be getting a new one wednesday and fit that too

Reactions: NoggyAnton
Yeah. Mine was pretty crusty and broke when I poked it to check so swapped that out

these old gremlins can be irritating to track down