ABS, ESP, Steering Lights - Lights galore!

Cheers guys good to have it back, Steering feels amazing but still wondering why they fitted a gen 2 hmm

I'm bewildered by this aswell, gen 3 is what they should use now & tbh mate I'd be asking them why you didnt have the latest fitted.

I did nige they replied its not compatible?!? Obviously we know it is but i didnt want to argue any further as it was a sensitive situation regarding whether the insurance would even pay out for the rack. Obviously aslong as the work and part comes with warranty i dont mind but i still think how? When all the newer racks are supplied as gen 3s.

There is no knocking noise present no more though steering feels very good.

Cant understand that at all as it clearly states in etka the supersession as such, anyway if its warrantied then guess its ok, rack has been superseded again aswell to a K/KX now, was J/JX not so long back.

What part no. did they fit, ask them, should be on the bill.

Cant understand that at all as it clearly states in etka the supersession as such, anyway if its warrantied then guess its ok, rack has been superseded again aswell to a K/KX now, was J/JX not so long back.

What part no. did they fit, ask them, should be on the bill.

Will do nige. I havent had a receipt yet its going to be mailed to me via the insurance company. Will send you the details when it does come though.

Just ring the dealer tomorrow, ask them what part number was fitted, simples, forget insurance docs, quicker & better to ask directly.

I’m feeling your pain! Sorry to jump onto your thread with my problem to, just thought they are both similar no point starting another. There is a lot of reading to do on this thread!! Read all page 1 and then skipped to page 3 so apologies if ive missed part of the story and I’m talking gibberish!

My car is something similar with all the lights up on the dash:

ESP
ABS
Red Steering wheel
Hand break
Engine management (now and again)

Ive been doing a lot of googling and reading as my mate which is an Auto Electrician was a bit stumped with mine. Started off with rear driver’s side ABS wheel sensor, 2 days after passenger side, then driver’s side again so changed the bearing. After that went all crazy with all the above lights!! My mate checked all the wiring and tests etc and just come up with different fault codes each time.

Next step for me is send the ECU away to be checked OR diagnostics with Audi. He thinks it could be the ABS pump, commonly there is a valve in them that goes.

BUT……….I found this and does relate to my car i.e. battery going flat. And now and again struggles to start and the alternator does a funny ticking noise.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/61806-esp-abs-now-power-steering-warning.htmlhttp://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...61806-esp-abs-now-power-steering-warning.htmlhttp://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...61806-esp-abs-now-power-steering-warning.htmlhttp://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...61806-esp-abs-now-power-steering-warning.html

Your joking!

Ive had a bit more time to read now and glad to hear he's managed to get it sorted! Just opended another can of worms!!

Best way to check for the rat damage IF it could be is the firewall area, under the scuttle panel near wipers. Also near the oil level sensor the cellulose sealant used on the looms or to seal the looms into the firewall are the areas the rats went. That allowed the issue to just spiral out of control once they made themselves a home.

Hopefully your problem may just be a component. Maybe take it to audi and pay them the standard inspection charge for my diagnostic i paid only 78 for them to ascertain the faults. They did a thorough road test until they could replicate the problem and they then went from there. Maybe worth paying that small sum just to get a more definitive answer from then.

Next best bet is NHN he advised me to check all my grounding etc that also eliminated any problems.

also here is the part number of the new steering rack fitted to the car...Just checked and im pretty certain they fitted a GEN 3

the invoice has the following on it

Harness - 971 111 AJ
Steering 052428 - 1K2 423 055 J

Best way to check for the rat damage IF it could be is the firewall area, under the scuttle panel near wipers. Also near the oil level sensor the cellulose sealant used on the looms or to seal the looms into the firewall are the areas the rats went. That allowed the issue to just spiral out of control once they made themselves a home.

Hopefully your problem may just be a component. Maybe take it to audi and pay them the standard inspection charge for my diagnostic i paid only 78 for them to ascertain the faults. They did a thorough road test until they could replicate the problem and they then went from there. Maybe worth paying that small sum just to get a more definitive answer from then.

Next best bet is NHN he advised me to check all my grounding etc that also eliminated any problems.

Ideal! Thanks for that! Car going into Audi on Wednesday. Could they identify what the rats had chewed with their computer or was that just an inspection?

Groundings all checked.

Old thread but a good read, I've come across this thread because I'm stuck with a load of lights and faults , very similar to yours, out of interest where are the earth cables and most important the gearbox/engine one , thanks