Abs/ ESP fault head ache!!! Help ASAP

Cozza McA

Crunching The Gears
Reaction score
So here is my problem. I have the Abs/ESP fault up on the dash, but there's more to it than that.

So first up
Having had the fault coming and going for the past 2 weeks I gave the car a scan with VCDS and the fault was rear right ABS sensor mechanical failure-- intermittent (G44)

So bit the bullet yesterday and bought a new sensor and installed it, cleared the codes.
and went for a driver 100yrd later at (+20mph. The light came back up. So just left it for the night.

Now this is the odd part! Was driving to work today and again came up just as I left which I expected anyway but once onto the main road cruising at 60mph the warning light went of for a very slight moment then came back up...

p.s. metered the sensor and got a reading of 0.758 ohms so clearly the sensor can't be faulty

Went to the audi tech but but were as much use as a chocolate tea pot!!!!!

need your help ASAP
thanks corey

Could it be the wiring to the sensor ? if not could it not be the pick up point on the bearing/hub assy they have a magnetic ring on the back of the bearing .

Could it be the wiring to the sensor ? if not could it not be the pick up point on the bearing/hub assy they have a magnetic ring on the back of the bearing .

Got it sorted now, it was the pick up on the bearing part, abit had broken off which had caused the 'excess air gap' fault

I had this and it was the ring that had perished.

Bit **** you have to buy the entire hub for the sake of perished rubber.