ABS Coding Problem 2007 AUDI A3 8P

Fred A

It's my birthday
Reaction score
I am looking for some assistance with a replacement ABS pump & brake controller that I installed in my 2007 AUDI A3.
No one on the Ross-Tech website has been able to provide any information during the past 3+ weeks that can explain why a brand new replacement ABS pump and controller is not recognized as a functioning controller in my car.

• What additional programming is required to have the new ABS pump and controller recognized as a properly functioning unit ?

• Is there a requirement to update the Label file for this new controller ?

• Is additional adaptation or a firmware update required ?

Background Info:
My original ABS Controller (1K0 907 379AC ) registered a fault ( 01435 ) for failure of Brake Pressure Sensor 1 ( G201 ). A scan of the ABS controller prior to the replacement is shown below:

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1K0-907-379-MK60-F.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 379 AC HW: 1K0 907 379 AC
Component and/or Version: ESP FRONT MK60 0101
Software Coding: 0021122
Work Shop Code: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 73EE5E151222D6DC15-8026

1 Fault Found:
01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit

I replaced the complete ABS unit ( full AUDI part number: 1K0 614 517 H BEF ) which included a new ABS pump and new controller ( 1K0 907 379 K ). I coded the new unit with the appropriate coding value ( 0021122 ) for my specific car, which was the same coding as my original ABS controller. I do not have any error codes, but I show three (3) error lights on the dashboard: ESP light, ABS light and blinking BRAKE light which are associated with a brake system failure. A scan of the new ABS controller is shown below:

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1K0-907-379-MK60-F.lbl
Part No: 1K0 907 379 K
Component: ESP FRONT MK60 0104
Coding: 0021122
Shop #: WSC 00000 444 00000
VCID: 3A70B33175C867942A-806E

No fault code found.

I performed all the basic setting that apply to my specific vehicle, including Steering Angle (G85), Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200) and Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201). I also had to perform the ESP System Functional test to clear code 01486, which successfully cleared this code. ( I noticed that during performance of this System Functional test when brake pedal was pressed to initiate the test, the indicator lights on the dash did not change status ).

Some basis setting don't apply to my specific vehicle, including Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251) and Tire Pressure (TPMS).

Have you copied this post into the VCDS section?
You may have a better response in that area.

Could 't you only change the G201 sensor in stead of the whole pump?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

this might be worth trying, its in german but you can put auto translate on.

Could 't you only change the G201 sensor in stead of the whole pump?

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

on early cars this was possible as the sensor was on the master cylinder. but obviously VW couldn't make as much money from this setup as it was easy to fix. so they fitted it inside the ABS block and made it very fragile.

I followed the ABS Controller steps illustrated in the German U-tube video suggested by Cypher007 and the illuminated dashboard lights ( ESP light, ABS light and blinking BRAKE light ) all remain illuminated still indicating a brake system failure [ i.e., No change ].

does it say OK in the adjustment status window when you go into each module?

I followed the ABS Controller steps illustrated in the German U-tube video suggested by Cypher007 and the illuminated dashboard lights ( ESP light, ABS light and blinking BRAKE light ) all remain illuminated still indicating a brake system failure [ i.e., No change ].
Not sure if u have read this but do no harm too as for your other code cant find it here ( http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01435 )

isn't the brake light switch is it? sure we had the same prob when the brake light switch failed on our old Toledo.

Last edited:
When I followed the ABS Controller steps illustrated in the German U-tube video I saw each of the three module channels ( 66, 63 & 60 ) to be OK.

What I don't know is what makes theses three module channels to be the essential channels to be checked. How do I know if there isn't some other module channel that should be checked ? Where would I determine which module channels are essential in my specified vehicle.

I don't think I have a brake switch problem. Brake lights work properly and cruise control function works properly.

Additional information regarding the brake light switch - My 2007 Audi A3 does Not have a brake light switch at the brake pedal.

This 2007 Audi A3 appears to have a switch on the master cylinder, but not the four pin plunger-type switch under the steering column.

ImI dealing same problem but with newer instrument cluster. It gives errors about brakes, esp, abs and parking brake. Mine abs module is like yours replaced one. With K letter is older than AC. Because checking etka parts there is no K module. Only higher ones. Did you used coding table by Ross-tech?