ABS and ESP lights

P

Pedrödelabongo

These have started coming on at around 50 mph and stay on until ignition switched off.
Slammed the brakes on and the ABS is still working fine.
Stuck my foot down in first gear on a wet road and the ESP seemed to kick in.
Is there an easy answer, or just get it connected to a VCDS?

These have started coming on at around 50 mph and stay on until ignition switched off.
Indicates something wrong with the engine.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

ABS and ESP functions are interconnected .
If your vehicle has ESP on board, it provides you with two other active safety systems: the Antilock Braking System ABS and the Traction Control System TCS. ABS prevents the wheels from locking during braking; TCS prevents the wheels from spinning when starting off and accelerating. While ABS and TCS intervene on a vehicle’s longitudinal dynamics, ESP additionally improves the lateral dynamics, thus ensuring stable driving in all directions.

ESP – different names for the same safety benefit
80 percent of vehicle manufacturers in Europe use the acronym ESP for the Electronic Stability Program. Some carmakers market the ESP under different names, such as DSC (Dynamic Stability Control), VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) or VSC (Vehicle Stability Control). The functionality and operation of the ESP, as well as the gain it provides in driving safety, is the same.

hope that helps.

just run a full scan and see what is flagged up, you can then work from that point.

Mine was a wheel bearing, simple job to sort

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk