About to pull trigger opinions

You will get an engine light if you remove the opf. I'm decatting mine and moving over to a syvecs to see if i can match a pre opf car

You will get an engine light if you remove the opf. I'm decatting mine and moving over to a syvecs to see if i can match a pre opf car

What is a syvecs, I haven’t been on the rs3 forum in over 12 month so you will have to forgive me I don’t know what everything is on the newer cars vs older

Its a complete plug and play replacement ecu, not a cheap option but will give me full control over mapping out the opf

I personally have better things to spend 4K on I wouldn’t be that bothered about the noise to go that route

Checkout the MRC Tuning Facebook page..........scroll down to posts on 28th June and you will see that they have mapped a Nardo 2019 car with GPF fitted. Results were stock 387ps & 475nm and mapped stage 1 at 452ps & 602nm. These numbers are well down on a 2017/18 car.

Spoiler Alert: The forthcoming roadtest comparisons between the new Merc AMG45S and 2019 RS3 is going to be a walkover for the Merc.

Any bets on secondhand values on the 2017/2018 models staying pretty strong?
Ok so 8bhp down on the quoted 395bhp, I guess there may be variances and a different RS3 OPF car could show different? Not saying the non OPF cars were not showing higher figures and clearly the OPF has taken away a small portion of power it seems.

I’m not losing sleep over it, still a rocket of a car, I won’t be launching it at traffic lights or drag racing it so will enjoy the car as it is, only thing I might do is look into options of getting the exhaust slightly louder.

Gave her a good clean today, looks stunning and a quick blast round some B roads its blisteringly quick.

Just enjoy your RS3’s guys whether PFL, FL or OPF.

Reactions: Dan_DJT
I personally have better things to spend 4K on I wouldn’t be that bothered about the noise to go that route

Understandable, CLP Automotive in Sheffield can map out the opf using the oem ecu. they did a 2019 stage 2 ttrs and its made 503 bhp with a few hundred miles on the clock

Last edited:

Put some decat pipes on the PFL and it's perhaps twice as loud again!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

And that’s why I’m actually quite glad I opted for the new quieter OPF car, just too much for me in dynamic mode with the pops and bangs! ETTO though if that’s your thing, no doubt they sound very aggressive but for me a step too far and a bit dare I say it ASBO :whistle2:

And that’s why I’m actually quite glad I opted for the new quieter OPF car, just too much for me in dynamic mode with the pops and bangs! ETTO though if that’s your thing, no doubt they sound very aggressive but for me a step too far and a bit dare I say it ASBO :whistle2:

Yeah I must admit the new facelift I drove sounded very smooth and the popping and banging doesn’t interest me that much tbh, not enough to spend 4K on an ecu and associated exhaust parts, if it was a case of just changing over to the old downpipe and exhaust then possibly but I’m not too bothered!

The car was quick enough for me and much quicker and sure footed than my current gti performance pack and it sounds far better too and looks better, so not rly concerned with the sound! And as I said all new cars will go the same way the a45 will but I personally hate the look of the new one even if it has more power, and the golf r might be a tad slower but it’s overall quality

Reactions: Riko0073
Yeah I must admit the new facelift I drove sounded very smooth and the popping and banging doesn’t interest me that much tbh, not enough to spend 4K on an ecu and associated exhaust parts, if it was a case of just changing over to the old downpipe and exhaust then possibly but I’m not too bothered!

The car was quick enough for me and much quicker and sure footed than my current gti performance pack and it sounds far better too and looks better, so not rly concerned with the sound! And as I said all new cars will go the same way the a45 will but I personally hate the look of the new one even if it has more power, and the golf r might be a tad slower but it’s overall quality
Totally agree mate, we all have our own tastes and not knocking the PFL or pre OPF cars, just so happens the OPF car suits me down to the ground, still sounds good and better than any 2.0ltr hot hatch and yes the A45 just looks too much with the Aero kit...my wife would disown me if I had that rear spoiler on a car!!

Enjoy whatever car you decide on but would definitely go for the sports exhaust, mine is the sport edition so comes with it and some other nice options, loving it : )

Totally agree mate, we all have our own tastes and not knocking the PFL or pre OPF cars, just so happens the OPF car suits me down to the ground, still sounds good and better than any 2.0ltr hot hatch and yes the A45 just looks too much with the Aero kit...my wife would disown me if I had that rear spoiler on a car!!

Enjoy whatever car you decide on but would definitely go for the sports exhaust, mine is the sport edition so comes with it and some other nice options, loving it : )

It’s a sports edition in ara blue I’m looking at with everything but the raised speed limiter and asked for 5yr warranty! I’m just waiting on Audi to come back to me with a deal, told them I’m in no rush and looking to order for March

It’s a sports edition in ara blue I’m looking at with everything but the raised speed limiter and asked for 5yr warranty! I’m just waiting on Audi to come back to me with a deal, told them I’m in no rush and looking to order for March
Sounds awesome mate, hope you get the deal you want.

matrix lights are a great option to tick to but sounds like you’ve got that covered : )

To be fair I’ve a pfl with the sports exhaust and 90% of the time I’m driving in individual mode with everything set to comfort and steering in dynamic, it never pops and bangs in that mode that I notice, especially not in day to day driving.

And even in the remaining 10% of the time when I do stick it in dynamic the only time it really pops is either on an aggressive change down with the revs quite high, or if I’m being childish and blipping the throttle in neutral ;)

But again for the majority of driving even in dynamic it’s not popping away, but then maybe I’m just driving like Miss Daisy compared to Nigel Mansell like everyone else? :)

Sounds awesome mate, hope you get the deal you want.

matrix lights are a great option to tick to but sounds like you’ve got that covered : )

Yeah they’re ticked

Each to their own but imho a RS should be a tad mental. S3 or diesel for the fast but discrete drivers.

TX.

Reactions: D0C, banny650 and Riko0073
Any of you got trackers and ghost? Been on the fne with autowatch today and I’ve also been recommended tracker locate manager

Each to their own but imho a RS should be a tad mental. S3 or diesel for the fast but discrete drivers.

TX.

Yes I know what you mean, sadly it seems those days are over so if you’re happy with your PFL or pre OPF it’s worth keeping hold of it, a lovely motor to cherish over the years :icon thumright:

Reactions: Terminator x
I'd say upgrading the IC might get back the HP that you lose with OPF. Will help dramatically with heat soak as well. That, and a stage 1 and you're laughing.

I'd say upgrading the IC might get back the HP that you lose with OPF. Will help dramatically with heat soak as well. That, and a stage 1 and you're laughing.

Will get you around 450bhp and should be plenty enough for most

I have a pre-FL.

Stick it in dynamic, give it some beans and change down early using the paddles and it's a right noisy MF. Love it. I'm 48 this year and don't care that I am acting like a small child. I've a valve controller too so I can have the flaps open in every gear :D

However all I have to do is stick it in individual where I have everything set to dynamic apart from the suspension in comfort. No pops and bangs.

Another press into comfort and tbh it's almost as quiet as my Dads 1.4 TFSi.

Full range of sounds, my choice what I want it to be.

I don't like having the same car twice in a row so my next one won't be an RS3, but I'm glad I have the noisy one :D

Reactions: DW81, Terminator x and Riko0073
See I’ve wanted one since the 8p but could never afford it, but 8yrs later payrises etc etc and I can now, helps that they’ve offered me 17k for my golf gti pp so I’ve got 5k equity there,

Still waiting to hear from the dealer I’ve been offered 4K off from an Audi dealer 300 miles away but my dealer said he would see what he can do, haven’t heard anything yet, this is the only sticking point atm,

See I’ve wanted one since the 8p but could never afford it, but 8yrs later payrises etc etc and I can now, helps that they’ve offered me 17k for my golf gti pp so I’ve got 5k equity there,

Still waiting to hear from the dealer I’ve been offered 4K off from an Audi dealer 300 miles away but my dealer said he would see what he can do, haven’t heard anything yet, this is the only sticking point atm,
Got my first Audi 4 years ago after growing up around my Dads Audi’s as a kid, he had the Audi Sport Quattro in late 80’s and that was a beaut!

First Audi I had was a lovely Sepang S3 Saloon then a S4 Avant (B9) and now onto the RS3, loved all of them and the Audi brand.

always had great service from Norwich Audi and will keep with an Audi as long as possible providing they’ve got the right cars to suit my needs.

Reactions: Dan_DJT
Got my first Audi 4 years ago after growing up around my Dads Audi’s as a kid, he had the Audi Sport Quattro in late 80’s and that was a beaut!

First Audi I had was a lovely Sepang S3 Saloon then a S4 Avant (B9) and now onto the RS3, loved all of them and the Audi brand.

always had great service from Norwich Audi and will keep with an Audi as long as possible providing they’ve got the right cars to suit my needs.

My dads first Audi was a x reg A4 b5 2.5tdi was a lovely car which was followed by a red A4 cabriolet in 2004 when he sold them he briefly went to bmw for 2yrs then into a 2010 Range Rover sport,

I wanted an A3 in 2004 when I was 20 but couldn’t afford and now at 35 I’m hoping to be in 1 soon

Also he’s I’m going for ghost and a tracker would you advertise it in terms of small stickers on the windows? I know ppl used to and I got them with my old Clifford alarm
Just to deter potential thieves?

My house already has locks on all internal doors and no letterbox, we Are looking at the ring camera doorbell, as for the car steering lock ghost and tracker as well as driveway posts, I’d rather them have a look realise it isn’t going to be straightforward and move on!

Ok so 8bhp down on the quoted 395bhp, I guess there may be variances and a different RS3 OPF car could show different? Not saying the non OPF cars were not showing higher figures and clearly the OPF has taken away a small portion of power it seems.

I’m not losing sleep over it, still a rocket of a car, I won’t be launching it at traffic lights or drag racing it so will enjoy the car as it is, only thing I might do is look into options of getting the exhaust slightly louder.

Gave her a good clean today, looks stunning and a quick blast round some B roads its blisteringly quick.

Just enjoy your RS3’s guys whether PFL, FL or OPF.

Couldn't agree more... just enjoy the RS3. Dyno results on one car isn't really a fair comparison, I'd be more concerned if a Stage 1 tune was showing 50% less gains than previous results. But from what it seems its still a 60hp+ gain, which if I went down that route I'd be happy with

Also he’s I’m going for ghost and a tracker would you advertise it in terms of small stickers on the windows? I know ppl used to and I got them with my old Clifford alarm

My house already has locks on all internal doors and no letterbox, we Are looking at the ring camera doorbell, as for the car steering lock ghost and tracker as well as driveway posts, I’d rather them have a look realise it isn’t going to be straightforward and move on!

I have the Ring Camera, great bit of kit and highly recommend it. Easy to set-up, loads of different settings, with full storage and playback for the previous 30 days, camera quality is also excellent day or night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Ring Camera, great bit of kit and highly recommend it. Easy to set-up, loads of different settings, with full storage and playback for the previous 30 days, camera quality is also excellent day or night.

Cheers for that yeah I should have ours in next few weeks

Better to have no stickers imho. If they get in it simply won't start so could just be broken as far as they are concerned.

TX.

If they want it they will get it. Security is great, until someone actually threatens you and your family. You can have a big door with a big lock, no good if there is a massive window right next to it or your getting in/out of the car.
I had quite expensive cross country mountain bike when I done racing, spend loads on security, had few cameras put up, locks changed, everything I thought would stop a break in. What I should have done is spent that money on becoming a double hard *******. I was not prepared for 4 Romanians wearing balaclavas walking into my back garden whilst I was washing the bike with my son. Thankfully we were not hurt as I pretty much gave them the bike without questioning it. They were in and out within 20 seconds. Nothing was done about it, police had nothing to go on apart from the video footage of the van they used. A year later and the van has never been picked up. Myself and my son now do jujitsu and I have another bike.

Reactions: banny650
If they want it they will get it. Security is great, until someone actually threatens you and your family. You can have a big door with a big lock, no good if there is a massive window right next to it or your getting in/out of the car.
I had quite expensive cross country mountain bike when I done racing, spend loads on security, had few cameras put up, locks changed, everything I thought would stop a break in. What I should have done is spent that money on becoming a double hard *******. I was not prepared for 4 Romanians wearing balaclavas walking into my back garden whilst I was washing the bike with my son. Thankfully we were not hurt as I pretty much gave them the bike without questioning it. They were in and out within 20 seconds. Nothing was done about it, police had nothing to go on apart from the video footage of the van they used. A year later and the van has never been picked up. Myself and my son now do jujitsu and I have another bike.

Terrible event for your son and yourself.
I actually like the American way, intruder on your property leave or get shot, this country is too soft protecting good law abiding citizen from the scumbags now trawling the streets of our country.

Reactions: John Pilkington