About to buy Eibach spacers but........

ImS3ola

Reaction score
i've decided to get the Eibach 15mm front and rear spacers but Motorsportworld don't have the S3 listed, only the TT. Would the TT ones be the same?

HERE

Also, any ideas where to get the wheel bolts from?

Thanks

Exactly the same, only bit I think that is concerned with is the 5x100

Trackstore sell various bolts

Right, i've been on the trackstore site and i'm slightly confused as to which bolts to get. I believe I need 14mm x 1.5 bolts and the standard bolts are 27mm to which I add the spacer width.

So 27+15 = 42. Is it ok if I go for 40mm bolts or is it better to go over with 45mm ones?

Also, what does Fixed 60 deg, loose 60 deg, fixed radius or loose radius mean? With RS4 reps, which ones do i need?

This wheel spacer thing is such a nightmare!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I believe the general rule is 6 turns of thread and its ok, 2mm either way should be ok as it equates to just over 1 thread. When I fitted spacers on mine there was enough room for at least 3-4mm extra thread at the front, never checked the rear as I have different size spacers front/rear.

I would make sure that the spacers fit properly though, on mine the wheel chamfer didnt accept the spacer fully and the wheel wouldnt mount flat. Had to remachine the wheel to accept the spacer.

You should be ok with 40mm bolts. I have these on mine and they have been fine for over a year now.

For the rs4 reps. if they are like mine you will require fixed 60 (tappered) bolts. The standard Avus S3 alloys have radius (round) seats.

Hope this helps
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]

For the rs4 reps. if they are like mine you will require fixed 60 (tappered) bolts. The standard Avus S3 alloys have radius (round) seats.

Hope this helps
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, my rs4 reps were attached using the same bolts that were on the standard avus alloys. Have i got the wrong bolts on there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I think i need to check in the morning......

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hope this helps
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, my rs4 reps were attached using the same bolts that were on the standard avus alloys. Have i got the wrong bolts on there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I think i need to check in the morning......

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, mine are currently on with the same bolts too. Seems fine though, been on a while now.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

My reps came with tappered bolts so naturally I used them.

Perhaps some replicas use differnet seats?

Trackstore have ceased trading!

Where else can you get longer wheel bolts?

I have found a place that sell longer wheel bolts:

Performance Alloys - £62 for 16 or £67 for 20 (delivered).

Anyone else know any others?

My local Dingbro sell Grayston wheel bolts... £0.98 each.

Anyone know the quality of Grayston wheel bolts?

Performance Alloys sell McGard locking wheel nuts for £35 including postage. The part number needed is 28017 - M14 x 1.5 x 45mm (17mm hex head, fixed rad/rounded seat).

I've gone for Grayston Engineering bolts - £31.26 for 20 from my local Dingbro - M14 x 1.5 x 45mm (17mm hex head, fixed rad/rounded seat).

Hi guys,

After being dormant on this forum for some time now (busy working), I have a question for the fountain of knowledge......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was thinking of buying a set of spacers but I am not sure if the size fits.

According to H&R the best solution is their DRA system ( HS 4025571) where the spacer is bolted to the axis and then the wheels with the original bolts fixed to the spacer.

This means that there wont be longer bolts needed (they advised against that because of the enginepower of the car).

I can sort of understand this reasoning, however it means that the spacers will be 20mm each side.

So far I have only read about 15mm (or even 10) spacers.....

My car has standard suspension and standard S3 wheels (and standard brakes except for disks and pads).

whats the opinion on this?

do or dont???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif