Aberdeenshire Edinburgh Meet Convoy

Daggerit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As the title suggests, after having it here for a day or so and getting some feedback I think that we have a plan.

We will be meeting in the ASDA carpark at Garthdee (Bridge of Dee) at 0900 on Sunday to allow for a bit of backup time in case people are running a bit late. Please post up if you are definitely wanting to be in the convoy so we know how many people we are waiting for and don't sit for ages for people who aren't coming any more. :) If you post info as I have below then I'll add you to the list here and it will make it easier to distinguish people and say hello. ;)

Personally I would like to arrive a bit early to make sure that we can get some decent parking spots but we can play that by ear on the day once we've all met up and things.

Convoy:
1. Daggerit - Dan (Daytona A4)
2. MartayMcFly - Martin (Brilliant black S3)

Cheers lads!

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MartayMcFly
From the list mate there are quite afew coming down from the area. Ilim isnt coming down anymore due to family stuff popping up but there are still enough for coming down in convoy. See you Sunday Dan.

I've been meaning to get a convoy list sorted - I'm up for travelling in a pack.

Yeah I knew that Ilim wouldn't be coming but wasn't sure where everyone else was based so just thought that I'd start a new thread and can edit the first post to create a list or whatever.

Mr. McFly, shall I pop you on my list for the convoy?

I just can't read 'convoy' without doing it it a trucker voice and having to stop myself pulling an imaginanary trucker horn cable...
:racer:

:blackrs4::yellowrs4::greyrs4::blackrs4::redrs4::greyrs4::redrs4::blackrs4::yellowrs4::greyrs4::blackrs4::redrs4::greyrs4:

Lmao at that Dan. Should be a great meet. Banners and some goodies have arrived. Marks car is clean for me, so all is good. :) x

Glad to hear it Sandra, I'm hoping that the weather is alright for us! So far it's not looking too bad at least thankfully. *touches wood* *not that wood...*

Glad to hear it Sandra, I'm hoping that the weather is alright for us! So far it's not looking too bad at least thankfully. *touches wood* *not that wood...*

lmao now. Mark said it will be tshirt weather, that would be a bonus. Dont forget the camera. :) x

Hi,

I am intending to go to this meeting and would prefer to travel from Aberdeen with other Audis. If that is OK, can you please advise where when you guys are meeting?

Bob

How about meeting at 9 at the Garthdee ASDA car park guys? That way we're on the correct side of Aberdeen and it gives some time for people if they're late, what do people think of that?

And if there's any other ideas just fire them in here! :)

Reactions: MartayMcFly
How about meeting at 9 at the Garthdee ASDA car park guys? That way we're on the correct side of Aberdeen and it gives some time for people if they're late, what do people think of that?

And if there's any other ideas just fire them in here! :)

As good a plan as any. Lock it in!

ASDA - 9am

As good a plan as any. Lock it in!

ASDA - 9am

That's the original post updated to reflect the plan. You definitely in then? If so then just let me know your details and I'll update! :)

Have a good run down guys.

Yeah I'm sure that we will but it's just a shame that the RS3 won't be coming along as well... :( Doesn't look like the coilovers will be fitted though since they haven't even arrived yet! Only three weeks now they've been on order. Sheesh.

As posted on the ttf I'm in the dunfermline area so if anyone wants to meet on the way down before the bridge then I'm suggesting the old focus car park just off the m90 (in the halbeath retail park).

As posted on the ttf I'm in the dunfermline area so if anyone wants to meet on the way down before the bridge then I'm suggesting the old focus car park just off the m90 (in the halbeath retail park).

You want us to pull in and meet you there at 11/11.30 or are you just letting us know what your plans are?

Depends on whether you want to arrive at the meet as the 'aberdeen crew' or want to pick up stragglers on the way :) 11am though seems like a good meet up time if the group are interested?

More than happy picking up some stragglers, especially since it looks like its only gonna be me and Martin in the convoy anyway! Haha.

Provided we can find it, I'll say we'll just see you there! :)

Oh and I've just been nicely told that the other half doesn't finish work until 9/9.30 so I may actually be the last one there... :( Not impressed.

Is she coming down too Dan??? as her last appearance at Aberdeen meet didnt last long as she nodded off in your car......lmao.

Haha, that's true! I think that she will have been on earlies again but will hopefully stay vaguely awake this time! ;)

More than happy picking up some stragglers, especially since it looks like its only gonna be me and Martin in the convoy anyway! Haha.

Provided we can find it, I'll say we'll just see you there! :)

Asda Garthdee, at .......... what time?

Was going to be 9am, but maybe we should make it 9.30 and be ready to leave once Dan (Daggerit) shows up? Gives me time to nip into McD's for a mcmuffin!

Was going to be 9am, but maybe we should make it 9.30 and be ready to leave once Dan (Daggerit) shows up? Gives me time to nip into McD's for a mcmuffin!

Yup, perfect plan! What car you got missile so we can keep an eye out for you? Well, more so I know what cars to look for when I get there! Haha.

I shall be driving a red TT roadster.

Look forward to meeting you guys tomorrow. Sleep tight don't let those bed bugs bite.

I shall be driving a red TT roadster.

Look forward to meeting you guys tomorrow. Sleep tight don't let those bed bugs bite.

Haha, like we'll be able to miss that first thing in the morning! ;)

And cheers Mark, I'm sure the drive down will be just fine. :)

For info will hang around until about 11.15 for anyone still wanting to meet / stop off at dunfermline. Cheers and see everyone later...

For info will hang around until about 11.15 for anyone still wanting to meet / stop off at dunfermline. Cheers and see everyone later...

Perfect mate, I'm picking the mrs up from work at Aberdeen airport at 9 and basically heading straight from there so should hopefully make it to you before then! :)