Aberdeen - July 2013 Meet

Stitch_626

Reaction score
Hi All,

Do we have anything planned for July for Aberdeen? We are seeing some cracking weather again!

I miss my old Ford Meet days :( and my current A3 hasn't really seen me attend much in the way of any planned Audi car meets.

Pleased to hear of anything or any ideas.

Marc

There was a Sterling meet up planned for this weekend but I think it's pretty much fallen through. The Scottish Car Show is down in Glasgow July 21st.

Other than that there's nothing planned for up here. Today is certainly 'meet up for a drive' weather, we should do something locally.

Sounds like a plan (for the local) - there's certainly plenty Audi Owners in Aberdeen :)

What is the preference for meets? Certainly evenings or weekends for me?

I'd be up for a meet in the next couple weeks.

Reactions: Stitch_626
Well Ive had no problem in organising the 2 Edinburgh meets. The 1st one was attended by about 65 cars throughout the 4 hours.....highly successful and so was the Kripsy Kreme meet.

IMO the time and date makes a huge difference.....weekends are better. Weekdays are a no no for the majority as they're knackered from work or family commitments come first.

Who is game for a meeting one evening next week or a rerun of the meet at Banchory, maybe next Saturday?

I would be Bob, but I'm due away for 7-10 days next Tuesday. Should have be back just in time for the Glasgow show.

Up for that guys, some time in the next three weeks will be home Monday :yahoo: if you guys want a meet during the week for a chat or drink or
a run some place that's fine .......

Reg

Im visiting this week and would be up to meet anyone before heading South on the 15th so if there is anything happening I'll bring the derv along :)

I should be able to make that :)
Got a postcode for it?

I should be able to make that :)
Got a postcode for it?

Think i will make this Bob, not going to fast have spent two weeks cleaning clay bar and polish / wax to get it ready for the Scottish car show at SECC.

carl-1968 if you want to meet In Aberdeen you can follow me out.

Reg

The nearest post code is The Surgery, Dee St, Banchory, Aberdeenshire AB31 5XS overlooking the car park. If you log onto google maps 57.050601,-2.50045 takes you to the car park.

I live in Aberfreeze too, if you and Reg want to meet there first?

Unless you guys have a better idea(?), I had planned we could cruise over Cairnamount Edzell Brechin and catch the HOG rally in Brechin > Hundreds of bikers coming to Brechin - Arts & Entertainment - Brechin Advertiser

I'd like to go but I'm playing hooky from work for a few hours so not realy an option for me to go elsewhere after but if we are all in Aberdoom is there somewhere a bit more local? and mine needs a clean after the run up from Nottingham, just a thought?

With the Fine weather - Aberdeen will be pretty busy (traffic wise) and there isn't really anywhere to go and not look 'odd' on a Saturday morning either.

Banchory is a fine compromise as there's a good road out via Westhill / Lower Deeside Road if you wish.

Ok time to firm this up,
So what time and where in Aberdeen do you want to rendezvous Reg Before heading out?
Thanks

Ok time to firm this up,
So what time and where in Aberdeen do you want to rendezvous Reg Before heading out?
Thanks

Well if we have to be at Banchory 11.00 what if we meet at 10 or 10.15 at the ASDA car park bridge of dee, will be in a greenTT or whit A1 with a black roof.

Ok good stuff, black A4 see you there at 10:15 :)

Not a great turn out at Banchory, Reg, Carl, Marc and I.

Reg and I had a good run over Cairn O Mount Reg and Bob at Clattering Brig

Great turn out at Brechin.Mustang Sally

Sorry I could'nt extend my stay but it was great to meet up with some members outside of my normal area, hope to meet up with you all again soon and btw the road back was a lot of fun!

Reactions: Stitch_626
Sorry I could'nt extend my stay but it was great to meet up with some members outside of my normal area, hope to meet up with you all again soon and btw the road back was a lot of fun!
Good to put a face to a name.

You passed my dad and I at edzell. Thought Brechin was crap though
0/10 for my observation skills <LOL> Hope you guys enjoyed your ride.