AB’s wifes Storm Bay M135i

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it’s a sad day......... our current run of 13 consecutive years with at least one, and mostly two Audi’s in the household is nearly over (for now).
My good lady’s TT is going after 4 years. Audi didn’t have anything to tick her boxes so we did a deal today.......
BMW M135i in Storm Bay Grey Metallic and M135i Pro Pack (19” 552 bi-coloured wheels, privacy glass and H&K sound system).
Could be February before it arrives but if a match appears on the system before that we’ll take it.
The Mrs is happy!

Reactions: Ian66, pburv, RS3 S. and 9 others
Look forward to seeing the wife’s new car Brian. Hopefully the wait isn’t too long. :friends:

Reactions: pburv, RS3 S., Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Very nice, that would be my pick of the colours too. What interior colour did she choose, think it would be the red/orange colour for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
Ah well ye started rolling doon the slippery road with the X3 ....now yer fleeing doon it....with this addition lol nice nice car mate but in a dreadful colour get some colouration in your motoring life and change the colour....Misano Blue
9fc0b8cf07fb43b037aaf5c7d53bbb9a.jpg
4d8dabab2902892e9bbdcc03b282af7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Raiden, RS3 S. and 6 others
@Audi Bairn - Congrats buddy - very nice :thumbs up:
Will be very much a 'sleeper' with that colour scheme
Looking foreword to the pic's
The agonising wait begins ...

PS Probs now is the time for a username change ;):D

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and 4 others
Very nice, that would be my pick of the colours too. What interior colour did she choose, think it would be the red/orange colour for me.

I think that’s the interior she’s getting but quickly going to check now Barry

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
Ah well ye started rolling doon the slippery road with the X3 ....now yer fleeing doon it....with this addition lol nice nice car mate but in a dreadful colour get some colouration in your motoring life and change the colour....Misano Blue
9fc0b8cf07fb43b037aaf5c7d53bbb9a.jpg
4d8dabab2902892e9bbdcc03b282af7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
I know bud, an all BMW house now...... shocker!
If it was mine, I’d have probably chosen the blue but tbh I was doing well just to get her to pick something other than black (again!) lol

Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, Jassyo06 and 2 others

Yeah username a bit of fake news soon haha!
Hope it comes sooner but nowt we can do about that.
Will be quite a few weeks with one car, that’ll be the worst bit (Mrs Bairn might actually ask for a shot of the X3 now :blink:).

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, BarryG79 and 2 others
(Mrs Bairn might actually ask for a shot of the X3 now :blink:).
Best advice I can give you mate on that one -
RUN WITH THE KEYS! Like your life depends on it!
laughing.gif

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, BarryG79 and 2 others

Yep...BMW Bairn. Think I did suggest that original username change when Brian got his M40i. A fleet of m performance cars....nice

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and 3 others
I know bud, an all BMW house now...... shocker!
If it was mine, I’d have probably chosen the blue but tbh I was doing well just to get her to pick something other than black (again!) lol

You did very very well on that colour front Brian.....black, never again!

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Av kicked the **** oot of 2 these cars mate they are a fooking hoot to drive....but l couldnt do with another hatchback nor the M235i or l would have one....wit dealership did you get it from...Stirling by any chance????
Ps stay away from the crocodile skinned leather go with the sexy cloth and alcantara seats the leather upgrade aint worth it saves a grand HUD is great 19s are a must Jordan has a loaded white yin as his demo atm

Reactions: pburv, Bristle Hound, Jcbmally and 2 others
Av kicked the **** oot of 2 these cars mate they are a fooking hoot to drive....but l couldnt do with another hatchback nor the M235i or l would have one....wit dealership did you get it from...Stirling by any chance????
Ps stay away from the crocodile skinned leather go with the sexy cloth and alcantara seats the leather upgrade aint worth it saves a grand HUD is great 19s are a must Jordan has a loaded white yin as his demo atm
No, if you recall I fell out with Stirling after they seriously messed me about with the X3 (including breaking the law!). I ditched them and got the X3 at Eastern.
This time around the M135 was Dundee and so far have been excellent.
Hers has Alcantara and 19’s added with the M Pro Pack we added. Not HUD though. I have that in mine, it’s fantastic

Reactions: pburv, Bristle Hound, Jcbmally and 4 others
No, if you recall I fell out with Stirling after they seriously messed me about with the X3 (including breaking the law!). I ditched them and got the X3 at Eastern.
Hers has Alcantara and 19’s added with the M Pro Pack we added. Not HUD though. I have that in mine, it’s fantastic
Tick tock mate, the seats are magnificent in the 135i. I reckon it will be you chasing the keys for the baby BM :whistle2::friends:

Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, Audi Bairn and 2 others
I agree on the leather, still a nice seat but not as lovely as the alcantara in them.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

I don't think you can make the username "I will do as I am told by SWMBO always" fit Col :whistle2::sly:

Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, Audi Bairn and 3 others

That eedjit of a son of mines keeps trying te get me into one these ...£449 deposit/£449 @ month all l say is....why should l downgrade son......lol
if you had gone back to Stirling l would have made sure my boy would have looked after ye ya eedjit.....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I agree on the leather, still a nice seat but not as lovely as the alcantara in them.

Dakota leather has far too much in grain it actually looks and feels man made....in my opinion and given it's price tag it's a no brainer to go for the standard seat coverings

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, NevMan and 2 others
Final clean of the TT before it’s returned this week. We’ll see how picky the inspector is. Only issue as far as I’m concerned is one kerbed wheel, which my good lady did only a couple of weeks ago!
E2A73409 F8B0 452B B7C4 4193B9B54D89
0B4FC348 E5BB 4B32 B8AC 772F229B8E14
55E9BA51 1D87 4F9D B422 F6D074E582EA
C060F394 BE47 4291 8A3C 8119C65D826E

Reactions: voorhees, pburv, RS3 S. and 6 others
Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
Nice work Brian, fingers crossed all
Ok with checks
Cheers Nev. Apparently it’s not even certain yet if they’ll take it away on the same visit. If they don’t I’m not happy being liable for it after the date of termination, so I’ll sign it accordingly. Surely they’ll drive it away there and then! Last time we did this the guy got to ours using public transport then drove it straight to Newcastle to the auction.

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Sandra
Someone will get a stunning car Brian. Loving your new avatar. The amazing Brodie

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Someone will get a stunning car Brian. Loving your new avatar. The amazing Brodie
Yeah, at the risk of blowing our own trumpets, anyone who get any of our cars they’re immaculate (apart from the Mrs wheel kerbing!). The TT on,y has 26k miles on it after 4 yrs.
I thought it’d be hypocritical to have an Audi avatar so what better than our portrait of our wee man, recently departed :relaxed:

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Bristle Hound and 3 others
How on earth anyone can consider a BMW after that lovely TT beggars belief...

Are you going to get the wee bairn re sprayed to match?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Congrats @Audi Bairn

My wife had a TT very similar to yours and equally enjoyed it, it was a superb car so appreciate your pain seeing it go.

The BMW is a superb choice though, I really like the look of those too so I am sure it will be a worthy replacement

There is a growing number of us now migrating to other brands though - long term Audi owners - so Audi do need to up their game it would seem.

Look forward to further updates mate :)

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
Congrats @Audi Bairn

My wife had a TT very similar to yours and equally enjoyed it, it was a superb car so appreciate your pain seeing it go.

The BMW is a superb choice though, I really like the look of those too so I am sure it will be a worthy replacement

There is a growing number of us now migrating to other brands though - long term Audi owners - so Audi do need to up their game it would seem.

Look forward to further updates mate :)

Cheers buddy. For a 1.8 it was reasonably quick. But after three TT’s she wanted a change. Audi didn’t have anything that appealed to her tbh. She’s going from 180bhp to 306bhp, FWD to AWD, and the tech inside is a step up to what she had. So she’s looking forward to it.

Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, NevMan and 2 others
Cheers buddy. For a 1.8 it was reasonably quick. But after three TT’s she wanted a change. Audi didn’t have anything that appealed to her tbh. She’s going from 180bhp to 306bhp, FWD to AWD, and the tech inside is a step up to what she had. So she’s looking forward to it.

Yeah as good as the TT was ... that sounds a very tasty car to move on to :)

Oh and I’m sure you’ll be taking the keys on a few occasions ha ha :whistle2:

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
Maybe a TTS would have been the way to go. quattro and 310PS. We have just bought a 4 year old FSH ,66 all the bits for circa £22k and 2 year Audi Warranty and 2 services. Likely to prove to be cheap motoring for Mrs RG.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Snake Pliskin
Maybe a TTS would have been the way to go. quattro and 310PS. We have just bought a 4 year old FSH ,66 all the bits for circa £22k and 2 year Audi Warranty and 2 services. Likely to prove to be cheap motoring for Mrs RG.

The only issue with that would be 4 years + potentially another 4 years in more or less the same car.
The TTS is a stunning car ( so you did go for it then :icon thumright: you happy with it yeah ? - maybe someone gave you some good advice :whistle2: )
But The Bimmer as a fresh new totally different car will be fab too imo

Reactions: Sandra, NevMan and Audi Bairn
The TTS is a stunning car ( so you did go for it then :icon thumright: you happy with it yeah ? - maybe someone gave you some good advice :whistle2: )
Yes we went for it. Lovely car but bought blind from Brighton and Local Audi dealer undertaking several hundreds of pounds of remedial work to be paid for by Brighton . Audi Approved eh, ask me later!! Mechanically identical to my old daily driver (2018 S3). Goes well, handles OK, will be better after 2 new tyres!! Wife loves it.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Sandra and Snake Pliskin
Well, it’s a sad day......... our current run of 13 consecutive years with at least one, and mostly two Audi’s in the household is nearly over (for now).
My good lady’s TT is going after 4 years. Audi didn’t have anything to tick her boxes so we did a deal today.......
BMW M135i in Storm Bay Grey Metallic and M135i Pro Pack (19” 552 bi-coloured wheels, privacy glass and H&K sound system).
Could be February before it arrives but if a match appears on the system before that we’ll take it.
The Mrs is happy!
This thread past me by. lol
Congrats on the new car mate.:thumbs up:
How did the pass over with the TT go. Any issues?
The wife's Q3 will need changing in less than 12 months not sure if we will run the full distance on finance . Possibly buy it outright or just hand it in.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
This thread past me by. lol
Congrats on the new car mate.:thumbs up:
How did the pass over with the TT go. Any issues?
The wife's Q3 will need changing in less than 12 months not sure if we will run the full distance on finance . Possibly buy it outright or just hand it in.
Cheers buddy.
Just enduring the waiting game for the new car, but we’ve all been there.
Handover of the TT couldn’t have been smoother. Guy who did the inspection was impressed with the condition of the car and he was choked he had to flag the wheels on his report. Both back ones, despite previously being repaired f.o.c. by Audi, had recurrence of white worm which is obviously a manufacturing fault not damage as such. So he put down that we were contesting. Called Audi Finance to contest a couple of days later and they said they’d waived any charges already. Good news as on of those wheels had also been kerbed.
One BIG downside is we are a one car family for now and my good lady now needs the M40i (very occasionally). Took it for the first time during the week and I was like a nervous parent all day.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Pinky1959 and 2 others
Cheers buddy.
Just enduring the waiting game for the new car, but we’ve all been there.
Handover of the TT couldn’t have been smoother. Guy who did the inspection was impressed with the condition of the car and he was choked he had to flag the wheels on his report. Both back ones, despite previously being repaired f.o.c. by Audi, had recurrence of white worm which is obviously a manufacturing fault not damage as such. So he put down that we were contesting. Called Audi Finance to contest a couple of days later and they said they’d waived any charges already. Good news as on of those wheels had also been kerbed.
One BIG downside is we are a one car family for now and my good lady now needs the M40i (very occasionally). Took it for the first time during the week and I was like a nervous parent all day.
That's good news. Happy to say for now there's not a mark on the Q3 considering the abuse it's had from me taking it up a dirt slate quarry track almost every weekend since we've had it.. Still undecided as what we are going to do.. We don't need a car like the Q3 now as I have my Cupra. The wife has been toying with a Leon FR? We have almost a year to work something out.
Anyways enjoy the wait for the Beemer lol :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
Collection of the M135i arranged for Saturday :racer:

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, Jcbmally and 2 others
Collection of the M135i arranged for Saturday :racer:

Wonder how often she will get to drive it lol

How’s it been with just the one car for a bit?

Was nearly 6 months for us and it was tough going, glad it was me that was car less and not the wife couldn’t handle her driving my car

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Managed to get through 3 months with one car and my Mrs only using mine once, job done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound, pburv and 2 others
Despite the snow, it was collection day today. My wife drove it home but I took it for a drive up Glen Devon later. It’s planted and steering is very sharp. It can shift too but keeping it sensible for a few miles yet. Pics to follow as Tapatalk playing up

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, NevMan and 2 others
Despite the snow, it was collection day today. My wife drove it home but I took it for a drive up Glen Devon later. It’s planted and steering is very sharp. It can shift too but keeping it sensible for a few miles yet. Pics to follow as Tapatalk playing up

Can’t beat a wee blast up Glen Devon

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Audi Bairn
Pics......

Attachments

• 77271EEA-B014-47DD-89EE-350BB0D49B12.jpeg
    77271EEA-B014-47DD-89EE-350BB0D49B12.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 293
  • CB516C74-6BC7-4CBB-8A6D-F3CBB3D03D25.jpeg
    CB516C74-6BC7-4CBB-8A6D-F3CBB3D03D25.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 2,273