AAWireless

Reaction score
Hi all,

If any of you are Android users, you may be interested in AAWireless. I just received my unit today and really impressed - easy wireless android auto. Just need a wireless charging pad now - anyone got any recommendations?

Happy to answer any questions

Yeah been following Emil & this since he took over the dev on xda, hope it lives upto the hype, report back if you can after a week.

Yeah a link to more info would not upset anyone and be very helpful to those interested...

I am interested in this..
Have been for a while. I have the built in wireless pad so no issues there.....

I've seen reports though, that the mmi internal Bluetooth clashes with it, and the only way for it to work is to turn it off so you can only use the phone functions through android auto?

Is this true? I want to use the mmi for for the telephone aspect, with the buttons for calling etc , and android auto just for music as I can with it plugged in

Is this possible?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Mine left the factory today, so guessing I'll have it in about 2 weeks. Not got wireless charging so have a few charging ideas including a splitter cable or just elsewhere but not sure which I'll go for yet.
@eggraces which display do you have (virtual cockpit bigger one or smaller one) and have you tried the DPI settings yet?

I am interested in this..
Have been for a while. I have the built in wireless pad so no issues there.....

I've seen reports though, that the mmi internal Bluetooth clashes with it, and the only way for it to work is to turn it off so you can only use the phone functions through android auto?

Is this true? I want to use the mmi for for the telephone aspect, with the buttons for calling etc , and android auto just for music as I can with it plugged in

Is this possible?

Just tested this today, no issues with calls or Spotify. Initiaitated a call via the AA interface, the fall popped up on the VC and could hang up with the phone button on the wheel, just like if it's plugged in.

Mine left the factory today, so guessing I'll have it in about 2 weeks. Not got wireless charging so have a few charging ideas including a splitter cable or just elsewhere but not sure which I'll go for yet.
@eggraces which display do you have (virtual cockpit bigger one or smaller one) and have you tried the DPI settings yet?
Have the S4 so the biggest screen in the pre-facelift and VC. Haven't played around with DPI yet but that's next on the list. Just discovered that it has a setting to remove the limitation on the number of clicks before it tells you to focus on the road!

Also, worth noting - the AAwireless dongle starts booting up as soon as you open the driver's door after an unlock so it's just as fast, if not faster than plugging in

I find wired AA rather glitchy at the best of times.

Like sometimes, after a couple of oral replies to messages it just loses the plot and stops reducing the music volume so it can't hear what you're saying.

Does wireless overcome this?

Only had it 24hrs so can't say yet. I've only really found wired a bit wobbly around using the voice assistant (usually, no response). Will report back

Just tested this today, no issues with calls or Spotify. Initiaitated a call via the AA interface, the fall popped up on the VC and could hang up with the phone button on the wheel, just like if it's plugged in.
Thanks.. but I knew this was still possible, but I mean the direct phone link to the car, using the mmi interface, accessed by the rocker switch

Thanks.. but I knew this was still possible, but I mean the direct phone link to the car, using the mmi interface, accessed by the rocker switch

Just checked this today. Can still access the phone via the car mmi using the rocker switch. Comes out of AA, works like the phone is just paired via BT

Perfect! Will get my order in then!

Placed the order and it stated probable June delivery...get an email tonight to say it will likely be August at the earliest now!

Placed the order and it stated probable June delivery...get an email tonight to say it will likely be August at the earliest now!

Yea same. And I'm guessing it's likely to be later given how late the first few batches were. Hopefully santa will bring it at latest

So finally mine arrived this week!

Already love it and see how great it is!

Only minor niggle is I get the your mobile phone is still in the vehicle warning every time I leave the car. Now I do understand why, the box is effectively tricking the car to think it's connected. That's how it works. But did it anyone find a way round? A setting maybe?

I like the reminder so don't want to completely turn it off

Got mine this week also . Working great in tt 8s .
I turned the audible phone in the car off and also the pop up . Both in settings

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Yeah I know the setting in the mmi. I don't want to turn it completely off, I just wondered if there was some kind of workaround to just activate when the phone is on the wireless pad for example

No because the aawireless is acting as the phone ,

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Recieved mine this week. All great like previous posts.

Although for those who leave their phone hotspot on, it messed my install up and i had to hard reset etc, so worth turning it off on your phone for initial setup.