Facelift AAC & Traffic Jam Assist... What's the difference?

Mark_86

Reaction score
As the title really. I've read that with the S-tronic box, it stops the car at 0mph and people use it in traffic. So why would you spec Traffic assist when AAC does the same thing? Or, does AAC not quite work as it should in Traffic? Anyone got either system and can shed any light on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

As the title really. I've read that with the S-tronic box, it stops the car at 0mph and people use it in traffic. So why would you spec Traffic assist when AAC does the same thing? Or, does AAC not quite work as it should in Traffic? Anyone got either system and can shed any light on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Traffic assist also lightly steers to ensure you stay in your lane. ACC has no steering function.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark_86
Traffic Assist isn't really its own option as such, it's just the term Audi are using for ACC and Lane Assist in combination. What they've done really is allow lane assist to operate at lower speeds than previously, when it only worked about 39mph or so.

Ah, thanks guys. Do either of you have the AAC? How is it?

I have ACC on my A3 and find it works very well in traffic queues in particular. I have s-tronic and I just set the ACC and the s-tronic in to auto and it stops and then moves the car forward when the rest of the traffic moves and the stops again when the traffic stops. It also useful for staying at the same speed and distance when going through roadworks and average speed camera areas. I am just changing to another new A3 and I've included the option on that one as well.

I have ACC on my A3 and find it works very well in traffic queues in particular. I have s-tronic and I just set the ACC and the s-tronic in to auto and it stops and then moves the car forward when the rest of the traffic moves and the stops again when the traffic stops. It also useful for staying at the same speed and distance when going through roadworks and average speed camera areas. I am just changing to another new A3 and I've included the option on that one as well.

Ah cool, sounds like a great option then. Thanks mate.

I have the ACC on my pre Facelift car, in a manual. It works very well, wouldn't be without it now. Looking forward to the extra functionality with the S-Tronic and the traffic jam assist.

In Australia we don't get Traffic Jam Assist, ACC works as mentioned, but lane assist won't activate under 65kmph. Traffic Jam Assist also needs 2 cars infront for it to activate. I have tried it in the A4, you get a message saying it's available, to activate press the Lane Assist button.

Gutted I didn't spec ACC :( Had I have known about it I would have took it in a heartbeat, my daily commute is 75% traffic.